Auto racing: Pataskala-based team pur...

Auto racing: Pataskala-based team pursuing its first title | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 27, 2011, titled Auto racing: Pataskala-based team pursuing its first title | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

If Michael Shank wanted a Rolex watch, he said he could find a nice one for about $8,000. Call him stubborn, then, because he wants to earn one the hard way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Kevin B

Westerville, OH

#1 Jan 27, 2011
Tim-

Thanks for doing this timely story and reminding Central Ohio sports fans that we have two high-level, world-class racing teams headquartered here in our area. Many people are more familiar with Rahal-Letterman Racing in Hilliard, because of their great successes and long history, and oft-times Michael Shank Racing gets overlooked. Both teams deserve our support as they represent Central Ohio on the world stage that is motor racing. Michael is a great guy who, along with his wife, has invested heavily in this area, building a spectacular racing facilty several years ago in Pataskala. His namesake team continues to improve year-by-year at one of the highest levels of racing in the world, through sheer dedication and hard work.

Thanks again for the story, Tim, and for your excellent coverage of motorsports through the years (more please!). And the very best of luck to MSR at Daytona this weekend. Here's hoping Michael gets that watch that he so deserves!
Business School

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 27, 2011
I like seeing relevant racing articles in the Dispatch. As a huge non-NASCAR racing fan, its nice to hear about the local teams that are involved in open-wheel and prototype racing. Keep the articles coming, Tim.
The Blue Collar Man

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2011
Have the 24 Hour race on my PC, watching live timing and scoring, and listening to the audio broadcast.
TV on the race, so I can see and hear.

Met Mike Shank when he was about 3 foot tall. LOL.
Myself and his late father worked on the same SCCA Race Team out of Columbus. With SCCA amateur racing, usually families went along, as a family outing. Saw Mike over 3 race seasons, and many times since.

Years later, did the 24 Hour 2 years in a row as a Crew Chief, with a car sponsored/owned by Red Roof Inns.

Watch the 24 every year.
Race Fan

United States

#4 Jan 31, 2011
Sorry he did not get the watch nor win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indy Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR explains ambulance incident, calls it a ... Sep '17 ThisPhart 2
News Danica Patrick to fans who booed her: a Ia m a ... Aug '17 MaybePhartss 18
Great Race,, thnx for not changing to Nascar fo... May '17 Alan Dale Pinkerton 1
News Dave Calabro follows John Andretti's battle wit... Apr '17 Donate phart 20
News Unsolved: Burger Chef murders (Nov '13) Feb '17 Burger Phart 4
News Danica Patrick on Twitter trolls: 'They're very... (Feb '17) Feb '17 LinkPharter 4
News NASCAR: Danica Patrick's racing team sues spons... (Feb '17) Feb '17 BakePhart 9
More from around the web