Dario Franchitti wins 91st Indianapolis 500

Dario Franchitti bet on rain, and the rain didn't let him down. As the skies opened up for the third time today, Franchitti took the checkered flag under yellow after 166 laps of racing, giving the Scotsman his ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Creation first, then evolution”

Since: Apr 07

San Francisco, CA

#67 May 28, 2007
Tom C wrote:
Folks, Dario did NOT win the race. He was proclaimed the winner by circumstance. He was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I don't understand how anyone could take pride in such a hollow 'win' A shame to taint the fine tradition with such a meaningless victory.
Dario won by the rules. If you don't like the rules, you don't like the Indianapolis 500 Race. If you don't like the race, don't go to the race, or watch it, or listen to it, and you should try to avoid hearing about it. And why would you spend your time posting about it? If you will spare your wasted time complaining, you would spare some of us the time we take to tell you to post about something rational, like maybe you don't like the rules, and here is why... Or, I think the rules should be changed to... so then... That would produce intelligent forum conversations.

San Francisco, CA

#68 May 28, 2007
boring yawner wrote:
another lousy IRL 500. lots of underqualified drivers who tried to kill themselves. lots of empty seats. too many drunks to put up with again.
rain. red flag. rain finish under yellow.
ANOTHER IRL sled goes for a LAUNCH.
really, just another lousy IRL race.
Darn that IRL for picking the wrong drivers and the wrong weather, and on top of all that, allowing people to drink alcohol. Maybe the IRL should start picking next year's drivers now. And if the IRL would make sure the weather is right next year, all of the spectators won't have as long to drink.
Don

Baltimore, MD

#69 May 28, 2007
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>You must have been sitting on the north end. Turns 1-2 were a crashfest. I believe there was many lead changes. Sorry about your day.
85 miles north. That's probably why it was a little boring.
GEORGE MILLER

Silverdale, WA

#70 May 28, 2007
THANKS FOR HAVING THIS ARTICLE STILL POSTED.

GOOGLE WAS UNABLE TO COME UP WITH THE STORY OF THE RAIN BATTERED 2007 INDY 500 IN MORE THAN 20 MINUTES OF ATTEMPTS - RAN OUT OF SYNONYMS FOR WHAT I WANTED - AND FINALLY GOT SMART AND CHECKED THE INDY-STAR; AND WASN'T SORRY.

THANKS AGAIN

GM
White Trash

Pleasant Prairie, WI

#71 May 29, 2007
Inside Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>Being self-proclaimed white trash, you don't have to prove it by stinking up a forum. If proving you are white trash, is part of BEING white trash, remember that trash pick up is delayed this week. Don't miss your appointment.
Sorry Inside scoop,
Didn't mean to offend all you metrosexuals. Although I really don't care about what some tree huggin sissy that can't even change his oil thinks about my oppinion of racing. Nobody likes a redneck till they need their car fixed anyway. How about this. You keep drivin your tan volvo and payin somebody to work on it while you write oppinions of things you have no knowledge of and I'll keep designing and building fixtures for the automotive industry. I call myself white trash because anyone who believes in common sense and laughs at idiots who need someone else to keep them safe are considered rednecks or white trash. So untill you build a engine or drive over 55 in a quarter mile you should keep your opinions to things you know someting about. I don't write editorials about modern art or fashion because i don't know or care anything about them. My advice is follow my lead and stick to what you know. I'll look forward to reading your next article on why not to wear white after labor day or the trials and tribulations of gay life in Indiana , but I really don't care what you think of racing!
Have a Blessed Day!!!!!!

San Francisco, CA

#72 Jun 1, 2007
White Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Inside scoop,
Didn't mean to offend all you metrosexuals. Although I really don't care about what some tree huggin sissy that can't even change his oil thinks about my oppinion of racing. Nobody likes a redneck till they need their car fixed anyway. How about this. You keep drivin your tan volvo and payin somebody to work on it while you write oppinions of things you have no knowledge of and I'll keep designing and building fixtures for the automotive industry. I call myself white trash because anyone who believes in common sense and laughs at idiots who need someone else to keep them safe are considered rednecks or white trash. So untill you build a engine or drive over 55 in a quarter mile you should keep your opinions to things you know someting about. I don't write editorials about modern art or fashion because i don't know or care anything about them. My advice is follow my lead and stick to what you know. I'll look forward to reading your next article on why not to wear white after labor day or the trials and tribulations of gay life in Indiana , but I really don't care what you think of racing!
Have a Blessed Day!!!!!!
I'm back!!! Sorry? Really. I'm a long way from being a "metrosexual." Before I recently switched to retail, I was a NIASE and then ASE certified auto mechanic for 26 years. I also spent almost all of my time after work in my grubby work uniforms. So I guess I didn't really care about my appearance. I still go everywhere dressed in what ever I am wearing. I never ever had a new car. I currently drive a truck. Of course who do you think worked on my own cars? Designing and build fixtures for automobiles alone hardly qualifies you with knowledge of racing.
If I stick to just what I know, then I'll say:
Dario won by the rules.
I know there is a lot of gambling in racing.
I know there are a lot of rules in racing, for all of the drivers, the teams, and officials.
I know that the race is ran by the rules, and can only be won by the rules.

I'll repeat my reply to "Tom C":
Dario won by the rules. If you don't like the rules, you don't like the Indianapolis 500 Race. If you don't like the race, don't go to the race, or watch it, or listen to it, and you should try to avoid hearing about it. And why would you spend your time posting about it? If you will spare your wasted time complaining, you would spare some of us the time we take to tell you to post about something rational, like maybe you don't like the rules, and here is why... Or, I think the rules should be changed to... so then... That would produce intelligent forum conversations.

By the way, I wasn't trying to give my opinion about racing. I was giving my opinion about you with your name "White Trash," and YOUR opinion about racing. I wasn't offering an opinion about racing.
fastcar

Nashville, TN

#73 Nov 20, 2007
All you who claim to know so much about the Indy 500 seem to forget that it is a race that culminates after a month of testing. Check the stats wizards, you'll see Franchitti was FASTEST ALL MONTH LONG. Idiots, the bunch of you.
Maybe you missed the part where he was back in 25th and came charging back to the front. Sore losers are you, what, your driver didn't win? Boo hoo losers. Franchitti's wife is hot, and yours must be some poor soul who dreads her life being married to you.
The 2007 INDY500 Champ and The IRL Champ of 2007.
All luck I guess.
pavel fan

Lennon, MI

#75 Nov 26, 2007
now ashley and dario will be at the 500

ashley will be washing dario trying to win it

“Never go to my youtube channel”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#77 Oct 23, 2013
Do tell......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to get herbal incense/spice/potpourri in ... (May '13) Tue Illylookingforill 46
Obama racist rhetoric toward Police Tue tayarrit76 5
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) Mon tayarrit76 270
does pepsi drug test? which type? Mon Dave 9
Louis Farrakhan regales Indianapolis with 2-1/2... (Dec '13) Sun Ms Mack 20
Egg head Holder resigns Sun Wabash Tsunami 9
I noticed something. Sep 27 Brandon Hyde 1
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis Jobs

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Indianapolis News, Events & Info