Dario Franchitti wins 91st Indianapolis 500

Dario Franchitti bet on rain, and the rain didn't let him down. As the skies opened up for the third time today, Franchitti took the checkered flag under yellow after 166 laps of racing, giving the Scotsman his ... Full Story
White Trash

Jeffersonville, IN

#24 May 27, 2007
D fan wrote:
Danica should of won. She rocks! Go Danica!
Danica would look so much better in a bikini dropping a rag at the starting line.
Dario

Carmel, IN

#25 May 27, 2007
Congrats Dario!!
Cousin Lester

Evansville, IN

#26 May 27, 2007
I think White Trash is right. Ferget about da rules! Let em go fast...cause thats what we come here to see. And maybe somebody'll crash and they'll be big splosions and stuff! And then we can go get our guns and shootem in the air...and get some of uncle Clems homemade hootch and celerbate with all them perty womens... Yup, that's what we should do...
The Original QS

Indianapolis, IN

#27 May 27, 2007
Too bad Milka Duno crashed..but that's what happens when you put makeup on at 220 mph!

Oh, and Danica did great, especially considering the fact that she drove the entire race with her right turn signal on!
Indy 500

Milwaukee, WI

#28 May 27, 2007
Great Race. Has been for the last several years.Anyone who writes anything else is a liar.
Indygirl

Evansville, IN

#29 May 27, 2007
Didn't deserve it... just got lucky and was the only one left standing.. poor Marco and Danica... I agree Andretti-Greeen should have gotten it. And Wheldon and everyone else out.. and Kanaan.. I mean really who else was left? It's not because he's a good driver. Him and his snobby Hollywood wife.. UGH. That's not the 500.
The Gimp

Valparaiso, IN

#30 May 27, 2007
I like bondage....
Southport

AOL

#31 May 27, 2007
Dario is part of the Andretti-Green team...

Also, Ashley does not sign autographs at race events as she wants the attention to go to Dario. It is too bad people see that as being a snob and not as a supportive wife who supports her husband.
indyrules

AOL

#32 May 27, 2007
Great job Dario!!! To those who comment that he won because of luck, you clearly aren't race fans. All winners have luck when winning. It can be from the pit, caution flag, etc...Marco was ahead and Tony passed him before the 1st rain delay, so if the race ended there, Tony would have won because of luck passing Marco and it raining. Many seem to have a grudge against Dario, but he is a gentleman and just because he has a "hollywood" wife, doesn't lessen the talent he was born with in driving a race car. They donate time to charities and are very polite when out together. They live a very quiet life in Tennessee and no other driver has a harsh word about Dario. If anyone just saw the ending of the Nascar race, Casey Mears just won because he didn't pit for more gas and ran out on the victory lap...luck again!
fred

Indianapolis, IN

#33 May 27, 2007
Yaaaa! Way to go Ashley...er...I mean...Dario.
Disappointed

Fort Worth, TX

#34 May 27, 2007
Right place at right time, didnt deserve the win though...
Disappointed

Fort Worth, TX

#35 May 27, 2007
and Indyrules...I wouldnt of considered Kannan winning as luck, considering he was in the lead a lot of the race.
Bump

San Francisco, CA

#36 May 27, 2007
``Whatever happened, if it came down to that dogfight, it was going to be hard, so I was hoping for the rain.''

--Yahoo! article quoting Dario.

What kind of competitive racer "hop(es) for rain" --nevermind admitting it to the media?! Isn't he basically admitting to probably not having what it takes to win the race had it gone the distance?

Strategy? I guess. More like, Right Place at the Right Time.
Ol Southsider

Bellevue, WA

#37 May 27, 2007
Livin It Up wrote:
Way to go Dario! Congrats on a good race! Hope Mr. Kanaan can step down from his pedestal at some point and show a little sportsmanship and congratulate you, too. He's not much of a people person, is he? It takes a team, you know.
So, you didn't watch the post race coverage? In particular, the sincere embrace Tony gave Dario? You're certainly not a real race fan, are you? Both gentlemen and true racers.
Southport

AOL

#38 May 27, 2007
Ol Southsider wrote:
<quoted text>So, you didn't watch the post race coverage? In particular, the sincere embrace Tony gave Dario? You're certainly not a real race fan, are you? Both gentlemen and true racers.
Those of us in the Indpls area just had the chance to watch the race and the post race show.... if you listened to the radio, it appeared that Kanaan was not a good sportsman... having just watched the post race show... I see now that he was a good sport...

To those who call Dario's wife snobbish.... somehow I do not see a snobbish person running in the rain to get to her husband like Ashley did....

“Waiting to inhale”

Since: Feb 07

Chicago

#39 May 27, 2007
Classic...classic finish...I wish it would have played out for all 200 laps, but the Bobby Unser-style ending in the rain was incredible. And I'm sure NASCAR LOVED the 500 biting into their time slot too! Boo-Hoo! Can't wait to see the ratings.
Tom C

Indianapolis, IN

#40 May 27, 2007
Folks, Dario did NOT win the race. He was proclaimed the winner by circumstance. He was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I don't understand how anyone could take pride in such a hollow 'win' A shame to taint the fine tradition with such a meaningless victory.
boring yawner

United States

#43 May 27, 2007
another lousy IRL 500. lots of underqualified drivers who tried to kill themselves. lots of empty seats. too many drunks to put up with again.
rain. red flag. rain finish under yellow.
ANOTHER IRL sled goes for a LAUNCH.

really, just another lousy IRL race.
indyrules

AOL

#44 May 27, 2007
Disappointed wrote:
and Indyrules...I wouldnt of considered Kannan winning as luck, considering he was in the lead a lot of the race.
Dario led for 33 laps so he clearly had a car that was "dialed" in to win. Tony led 83 laps so he also had a car that could have won. Clearly the AG teams had great cars and the talent to be there at the end.
Sportsguy

Louisville, KY

#45 May 27, 2007
Such idiots. I wonder if there were this many boobs observing racing back when everyone else thought the Indy 500 was the greatest thing ever or if this is just the product of the Internet and our 15-second national attention span? Everything that happened today has happened many times over, including Scott Dixon sniveling over all the undeserving drivers getting in his way. "Meaningless victory"? Read a history book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girl and boys 3 hr antonioswag 1
Does anyone know of someone who is missing a fi... 4 hr Dr J 1
Eli Lilly's injectable diabetes drug OK'd 4 hr Vaccines Cause Au... 1
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) 14 hr party loyalty 98
Arizona's running back Jon Dwyer ? Thu Dave 5
Very useless deputy sheriff at colts game last ... Thu Dave 26
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff Thu Moe 33
•••
•••
Indianapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Indianapolis Jobs

•••
•••