Dario Franchitti wins 91st Indianapolis 500

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Dario Franchitti bet on rain, and the rain didn't let him down. As the skies opened up for the third time today, Franchitti took the checkered flag under yellow after 166 laps of racing, giving the Scotsman his ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 69 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bryan

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Judged:

Congrats Dario.
Ca ching

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run...

PAYDAY!
Average Joe

Claypool, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

I suppose some folk care about all this, but I don't. I'm just glad it's all over. What difference does it make?
Sweet Race

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Turn 1 was not a kind one this race day...Several victims.
Kellie

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

wOOt
I knew he could do it!!
love you Dario
Margo

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Judged:

Well, I am just waiting for Danica Patrick to win! She has revived my interest in Indy Car Racing.
Margo

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Hey! I'm from Fort Walton Beach, FL...not a town I ever heard of called "Westville"!!
persistent malcontent

Summerfield, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

The ever patient, good natured Dario and his team get a well deserved win. Congratulations!
Bad2Dabone

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Average Joe wrote:
I suppose some folk care about all this, but I don't. I'm just glad it's all over. What difference does it make?
Let's see, 300,000 or more go to the track, millions tune in on radio and TV all over the world, so, yeah, you could say some people care about all this.

If you don't care, why are you reading the story and commenting on it???
Livin It Up

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Judged:

Way to go Dario! Congrats on a good race! Hope Mr. Kanaan can step down from his pedestal at some point and show a little sportsmanship and congratulate you, too. He's not much of a people person, is he? It takes a team, you know.
Tmac

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

I never met a Indy Driver I dislikes until I met Dario.. What a jerk! Tried to interview him last yr at KY Speedway I found him arrogant and when a fan tried to say HI to him and Ashley she was totally Blown off! Not an aotogrph but just said HI.
Dario you and your wife don't deserve this Great moment!!!!! Azzh**e!
Boooo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Judged:

He's a jerk!! I hate that he won!!
OneFlewOvrTheCoo CoosNest

Bishopville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Bud Barton wrote:
This race used to be a race with American Drivers.
People like Penske and that fat a_s
Gannsi sure screwed that up.
Now they are trying to screw up NASCAR.
Tony Hulman would have never let this
happen.
But George and his Alcholic wife
ruind it all
Alcholic wife???? How did the drunkin pill poppin Ir$ays get into the mix?
D fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Judged:

Danica should of won. She rocks! Go Danica!
Lisa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

I just wish the second start of the race could have gone to the end without rain. Andretti-Green looked like they could have taken the top three places.
mary e maynard

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

I thought it was a great race in spite of weather..Happily with and for winners1771
Don

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Race was not exciting this time. Too many yellows along with the weather delay. Maybe a better one next year.
Hmmmmm

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Average Joe wrote:
But, then why would you even be reading about it online if you didn't care about it? Obviously, this translates to "your guy didn't win".
White Trash

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Race winner should be the best driver not the best gambler. Races that end early are like bowing matches that go to the judges.
I don't consider this a win. Take the checkered a 230mph or try again next year. I don't watch boxing anymore because of disapointments like this. Anyone De La Hoya vs. Trinadad fight a few years ago knows what I'm talking about.
Most racing is a joke anymore anyway. Rules , Regulations , Fines, Restrictor Plates, ect. What happened to seeing who could go the fastest? Everyone is so concerned with safety. If you wanna play safe take up ping-pong. Racing is dangerous that's the excitment of it. Drivers use to race under all kinds of conditions. So what if it rains, is the track not slick for all of them? Let em go and see who can go the fastest and stay out of the wall. Or at least wait till the rain stops and turn them loose again. But don't call the race and punish the best drivers for planning to run the ENTIRE race. I don't like Tony Stewart but my hats off to him for his comment about NASCAR and Wrestling. I would love for someone to start a racing association without all the BS rules. They need a few rules like ,you can't intentionally wreck each other and limit them to weight and motor size as well as a few other rules but let the mechanics build the fastest car they can and let the driver drive it as fast as he can and stay alive.
As far as the women let them run but all the publicity and hype is BS. Let them earn their fame like the men. The news does special reports about where ALL the women finished. There are lots of men that don't place well and the only place you hear about them is the final list of participants. No special report of Joe Blow who lost it 66 laps into the race.
Leave rule making to the lyin politicians and let the racers "run what they brung!"
If you didn't come to Let Em Hang and race. Then enter the pedal tractor race at the county fair!!!!
Carol Taylor

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Fantastic !!!!!DARO FRANCHITTI....Won
We are so excited at our House

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Brown Toxicology report 6 min The Ultimate Kaptoz 1
Pants down DoN'T Shoot lol 15 min The Ultimate Kaptoz 1
Obama and Holder want race war Caliphate 29 min The Ultimate Kaptoz 1
Review: Big O'S C B Shop (Dec '13) 2 hr desert fox 292 6
Indianapolis city council 2 hr The Drone King 1
Gannett letting the Indianapolis Star die 12 hr Simon 5
I don't see Calm in Ferguson 12 hr MegaRed 4
•••
•••