We're sorry The article link is not v...

We're sorry The article link is not valid or the article has ex...

There are 68 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 12, 2008, titled We're sorry The article link is not valid or the article has ex.... In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The article link is not valid or the article has expired from the system. We're sorry The article link is not valid or the article has expired from the system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Way to Go Mitch

Crown Point, IN

#1 Mar 12, 2008
Ditch Mitch! He is doing such a wonderful job at crating jobs. I wonder why the rate is not going down? Maybe it is because he is not doing such a wonderful job. I would bet he does not have a press conference on this rate.
YooHoo

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Mar 12, 2008
Thanks , Mitch!!....unlike the fool from Merriville I know you Have helped keep our unemployment at least 2 percentage points lower than our surrounding states ..check Michigan, Ohio Illinois..etc. Some people are unable to see the forest for the trees..
pollworker

Louisville, KY

#3 Mar 12, 2008
The unemployment rate is awesome! The rate is still lower than what it was from 1970 through 1998!

Everyone keeps complaining about Mitch - but looking at the numbers, he's done a WONDERFUL job!

And, thank god we're not Michigan with the horrible Democratic governor who took that state down the toilet!
swin

AOL

#4 Mar 12, 2008
Figures lie when liars figure.
Donuts

Jamestown, IN

#5 Mar 12, 2008
Way to Go Mitch wrote:
Ditch Mitch! He is doing such a wonderful job at crating jobs. I wonder why the rate is not going down? Maybe it is because he is not doing such a wonderful job. I would bet he does not have a press conference on this rate.
What?? Look at the statistics... It's gone down every year since Mitch was elected. 5.3 to 5.0 and now 4.7 and the lowest in our region. You're clueless... typical of the anti-Mitch crowd.

my source: http://www.nidataplus.com/lfein1.htm
Mondo

Seymour, IN

#6 Mar 12, 2008
Wait a second amigos...I thought we had taken all of your jobs away? It seems to me that the only people not working in Indiana are those who just do not want to work. What gives?
Big money D

Kokomo, IN

#7 Mar 12, 2008
All those jobs mich has created are minimum wage, part time jobs. Employers are given millions is tax incentative for a few bullsh-t jobs. Then the state have property taxes increasedby 100-200% to give the state needed revenue. if the state needs revenue I suggest the following:
1) Immediately eliminate all police officers having take home cars below the rank of captain. Fuel is over $3 per gallon.
2) eliminate all township assessors. Almost all were not qualified for their jobs. Assessor would not be needed if there were not property taxes.
3) The newairport terminal is such a waste of taxpaper dollars. When its said and done it will be over budget and be a west side white elephant. Doesn't it have less gates than the existing terminal? Why did we need it?
Snooty Carmelite

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Mar 12, 2008
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/specials/c...

"Indiana, in particular, has lost at least 98,000 factory jobs in the last six years. In turn, people have been taking lower-paying blue-collar or service jobs that pay less, explains Jerry Conover, director of the Indiana Business Research Center."

The unemployment rate is a funny thing. It only accounts for people collecting unemployment. Once their unemployment benefits end, they fall off the numbers. No longer counted. Have you ever thought that the people who were laid off from factories in Indiana, left the state for jobs elsewhere? If they stayed, they took a lower paying job. Look at Delphi in Kokomo. Sure, they have jobs, but now getting paid $6 less a hour. Ouch. Yea, Ditch Mitch.
Just Wondering

Carmel, IN

#9 Mar 12, 2008
Honestly folks, you're entitled to disagree with Mitch, but can't you come up with some original mockery? Ditch Mitch and My ***** Mitch are pretty played out.
Political Junkie

Birdseye, IN

#10 Mar 12, 2008
Last time I checked, 4.5% is below the national average, and well below the average of other midwestern states. This proves yet again that Indiana's economy isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. You are always going to have people who are unemployed.
you have to be kidding me

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Mar 12, 2008
Are you seriously blaming Mitch! Why do people blame and rely on the government so much? We are not communists! If you want a job don't look for the government to get one for you...get off your lazy A$$ and do something. Start a business, move to where there is business. JUST STOP COMPLAINING!
Hilarious

Crown Point, IN

#12 Mar 12, 2008
YooHoo wrote:
Thanks , Mitch!!....unlike the fool from Merriville I know you Have helped keep our unemployment at least 2 percentage points lower than our surrounding states ..check Michigan, Ohio Illinois..etc. Some people are unable to see the forest for the trees..
Talk about fools? Who cares about the surrounding states? Do you live there or in Indiana. Mitch is quick to have press conferences about job creation but never, ever has press conferences about job loss. If you live Indiana, that is the state we care about, fool!
Stumblebum

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Mar 12, 2008
Despite all the hysteria, illegal aliens are not hurting employment in Indiana one bit.
Just Wondering

Carmel, IN

#14 Mar 12, 2008
Hilarious wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about fools? Who cares about the surrounding states? Do you live there or in Indiana. Mitch is quick to have press conferences about job creation but never, ever has press conferences about job loss. If you live Indiana, that is the state we care about, fool!
Mr.T? Is that you?
Hilarious

Crown Point, IN

#15 Mar 12, 2008
Snooty Carmelite wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/ news/specials/chi-06040205hoos ier-story,0,7243697.story
"Indiana, in particular, has lost at least 98,000 factory jobs in the last six years. In turn, people have been taking lower-paying blue-collar or service jobs that pay less, explains Jerry Conover, director of the Indiana Business Research Center."
The unemployment rate is a funny thing. It only accounts for people collecting unemployment. Once their unemployment benefits end, they fall off the numbers. No longer counted. Have you ever thought that the people who were laid off from factories in Indiana, left the state for jobs elsewhere? If they stayed, they took a lower paying job. Look at Delphi in Kokomo. Sure, they have jobs, but now getting paid $6 less a hour. Ouch. Yea, Ditch Mitch.
These are the facts that the clueless Mitch fans never acknowledge or consider in their opinions. The method used to determine jobless rates is flawed and does not consider the average pay of those employed.

“Vote or Shut it!”

Since: Oct 07

Sasparilla

#16 Mar 12, 2008
"""The top three Metropolitan Statistical Areas with the greatest rate of growth in jobs over the year are Elkhart-Goshen, up 2.2 percent, South Bend, up 1.7 percent and Evansville and Indianapolis, both up 1.4 percent."""

The Star writers can't even count to 4.

In any case, good job Mitch.
Mr Evilwrench

Westfield, IN

#17 Mar 12, 2008
Jennifer Granholm's Michigan is a preview of Hillary's USSSR
Hilarious

Crown Point, IN

#18 Mar 12, 2008
you have to be kidding me wrote:
Are you seriously blaming Mitch! Why do people blame and rely on the government so much? We are not communists! If you want a job don't look for the government to get one for you...get off your lazy A$$ and do something. Start a business, move to where there is business. JUST STOP COMPLAINING!
I am not sure why you have gone off in this direction. I don't see anyone complain about a job. Mitch is all about talking about the wonderful things he has done but seems to ritually leave out the negative portions such as the wage decreases, the starting salary decreases of the jobs he has (or really his administration) created, the job losses, etc. His supporters should open their eyes to the reality that Mitch is just a short, power hungry politician and has not done the wonderful job his political allies and supporters say he has done.

“Vote or Shut it!”

Since: Oct 07

Sasparilla

#19 Mar 12, 2008
Snooty Carmelite wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/ news/specials/chi-06040205hoos ier-story,0,7243697.story
The days of the $25 an hour knob puller/button pusher is over. If you want a good paying job...go get a marketable skill. Pressing the red button everytime the green light comes on is not a marketable skill anymore. Read a book, take a test, or shut your fat trap and line up for welfare.There is not 1 person in the state of Indiana that couldn't get some training/education if they wanted to. It is everywhere and it is obtainable for every single person.
Hilarious

Crown Point, IN

#20 Mar 12, 2008
pollworker wrote:
The unemployment rate is awesome! The rate is still lower than what it was from 1970 through 1998!
Everyone keeps complaining about Mitch - but looking at the numbers, he's done a WONDERFUL job!
And, thank god we're not Michigan with the horrible Democratic governor who took that state down the toilet!
I'm sure not supporting the governor from Michigan but I believe that you should think about the automotive industry and it's downfall over the last few years. I don't think the governor has or had the authority to go into these companies and force them to wake up to the reality of the industry and consumer demand.

Also, the rate was 2.9% in 2000 in reply to the 1970 to 1998 comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phelps & Son Construction 21 min Dave 4
Kennietra Mack just found out she sleeps with p... 5 hr Erics WIFE 5
Roselyn Bakery cookbook (Oct '09) 11 hr Loretta 78
RelocateWhitePeople 12 hr Dave 2
Katherine P Weaver 12 hr Craption 1
News Any pink houses on Mellencamp Way? (Mar '08) 17 hr Eddie W 46
French President Macron Thu EuropeanRelocation 1

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages