Day care owner sues ex-workers for defamation

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A Fishers woman who was charged with criminal abuses of children in her home day care business is suing the former employees who accused her.
Comments
41 - 57 of 57 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Laura

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

As a former employee of Kim's, I was employed at the time of the accusations, they are all false. I worked with Kim almost daily and she did nothing but love and live for these children. There were days when the kids would beg to stay the night with Miss Kim. The original accusor was repeatedly warned that her work was under-par and could eventually warrant being fired. It was simply vindication. Myself and the other employee at the time, along with another former employee all supported Kim...the accusors were all friends and relatives of eachother. The detectives were cruel and interrogative, even to me; and they repeatedly tried to get me to "admit" something that wasn't there. And yes, the prosecutor was up for re-election at the time the charges were filed. In fact, the state filed charges on behalf of children whose parents came out in support of Kim. The case was obviously a mess from the start. I'm glad that charges will be dropped and I hope that she wins this case. The justice system absolutely worked.
Truth Detector

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

The only winners in this case, as usual, are the lawyers. I would hate to see Kim's legal bills to defend herself against false accusations by a disgruntled employee. Hopefully she can win her defamation of character civil suit and recoup her money and then some.

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

12 million, spread out across the country, isnt' nearly as dense a population as you think. And considering TX and CA--as well as many southern states--were originally spanish-speaking territories, and you have a helluva lot more hispanics here whose families have been here longer than yours, gringo.

BTW--not all illegal immigrants are hispanic...your hair color and eye color don't mean squat.

Of course, there is always that nagging little detail--that people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Until you can prove someone is illegal, they aren't. Simple enough for even you to comprehend.
Paybacks Are A wrote:
<quoted text>
12 million, they say, is a "conservative estimate". How many are here total? Chances are very high that they are illegal. If you don't believe that, you're living in la-la land. That hardly makes them "American" (which should be capitalized, by the way). Of course they wouldn't presume I'm a criminal; my blonde hair and green eyes would give it away that I'm not Hispanic. Just remember: 12 TO 15 MILLION...they're EVERYWHERE.
Kelly Romano

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

I am a proud parent who sends their child to Miss. Kim! I interviewed several daycares in the Fishers/Noblesville area. And none could hold a candle to the care Kim gives on a daily basis. She loves those kids like her own. Her heart is bigger than anyone I know.

I can only hope that justice is served and Kim's name becomes clear. And to you who think I'm an idiot for sending my kid there...well you obliviously have not met Kim, observed her with children or met me. So go and form your opinions without background and see who is the real idiot is.

WE LOVE YOU KIM!!!!
Laura

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Employment Expert wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the price of hiring stupid, cheap people who are likely illegals. I have little sympathy.
Actually, the woman that she is suing is a pastor's wife. She felt like she could trust her, and her family members. As a Christian myself, I am humiliated by Rochelle's actions. Just wanted you to be informed as to why she hired them.
Rick G

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the woman that she is suing is a pastor's wife. She felt like she could trust her, and her family members. As a Christian myself, I am humiliated by Rochelle's actions. Just wanted you to be informed as to why she hired them.
Just because she was a pastor's wife doesn't mean she could be trusted or that she is honest. I've met some that were the best and some that were closing in on the worst.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

And your word meant no more than the accusers'. This will come as a great shock to you, but being close to getting fired doesn't necessarily make someone a liar; the police still had to investigate it the same way they would have if god himself had made the charges. They did not overstep their bounds by not doing what you tell them.
parent wrote:
<quoted text>\
Actually they did. You see I am one of the parents of the accused. When we were interviewed I warned them to proceed cautiously if in fact the two employees in question were behind the charges. You see the employees performance at that time was begining to get very shaky and they were very close to being fired.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Sorry, but unless you were there, you can't say if this is innocent or not; however, our justice system is still predicated on innocence until proven to the contrary.

Only an uneducated prosecutor would take a case to court that relies totally on "he said/she said" arguments with no physical proof. In case you are unaware of how things work, the prosecutor has to be able to PROVE their case; clearly, they did not think they could do so without evidence and with nothing more than one alleged witness available.
Mika wrote:
This is far from a innocent case as many are. It has nothing to do with lessening taxpayers burdens it has to do with lazy, whining, uneducated prosecutors wanting to lessen their work.<quoted text>

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

If the witnesses could back up their stories, there would have been no agreement. It would have been a slam-dunk in court for the prosecutors if they had any proof at all.
Mika wrote:
Nothing in this article says the employees couldn't back up their story. It does however clearly state the prosecutors office made a secret agreement. <quoted text>

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

THIS is precisely why she is suing--because people will believe unsubstantiated accusations instead of thinking rationally. And evidently the parents of kids she watches believe differently. I suspect they know more about her than you do.
Beth wrote:
Any parent that would still leave their child in the care of this woman is a idiot! <quoted text>
Laura

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Rick G wrote:
<quoted text>Just because she was a pastor's wife doesn't mean she could be trusted or that she is honest. I've met some that were the best and some that were closing in on the worst.
I would have to agree with you. It is unfortunate.
The real question

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

The real question is...where are the accusers now? Are they operating their own daycare somewhere else?

People are concerned about the children in this case, with an abundance of parents/government authorities involved. What about the parents who are unknowingly sending their children to a daycare run by the accusers?

Anyone upset about THAT?
BenAnnas Mom

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Beth wrote:
Any parent that would still leave their child in the care of this woman is a idiot! <quoted text>
I too am a proud parent who sends 2 children to Miss Kim. She lives for these kids and has even opened up her home to them, because she loves them. Trust me, its NOT for the money. My children are in a loving and nurturing environment. They are learning things that I could never teach them. They have learned manners, sign language, spanish, reading, writing, and the calendar, just to name a few. My kids both love Miss Kim and would sometimes rather stay with her than with me. How hurtful is that as a parent?...but at the same time I know that they love her too! I trust Kim with my life and obviously trust her with my childrens' lives. What has been done to her in the media is nothing short of a crime itself! I can only hope that you are NEVER falsely accused of something and tried before the public in the same way that she has been.
Oh, and by the way, the kids are not allowed to say "idot" at Miss Kim's"!
BenAnnas Mom

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Oh, and I forgot to say...

WE LOVE YOU TOO KIM AND WE ARE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY!!!
Parent2

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Does anyone know if Child Protective Services was envolved? I'm sure that allegations alone would not validate charges. Would some sort of evidence be necessary to take these actions? And if she is clear and innocent, then why a "secret deal". It doesn't add up.
child care provider

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Carmel Resident wrote:
Finally, the false accusers will be held accountable for their actions!
I hope she gets every penny she can from them (which judging by their situation won't be much), but more importantly will clear her name.
It's not about the money I am guessing, but the principal that those women lied and soiled Kim's name.
Cooper

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

You people just don't get it!!! Regardless of "proof" 2 words: RODNEY SARKOVICS this pep squeak walks on water in Hamilton County Courts and so does his clients! Once you hire him YOU ARE IMMUNE!!! Additionally this man's wife is an elementary school teacher. While she's teaching our innocent, her husband is out representing child molesters, child batterers, child abusers, etc. I wouldn't want my child in her class...
Cpetr13 wrote:
If the witnesses could back up their stories, there would have been no agreement. It would have been a slam-dunk in court for the prosecutors if they had any proof at all.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
does pepsi drug test? which type? 1 hr Pontificating 4
any black chicks wanna have sex? 8 hr hungwhiteboy 3
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 11 hr Go Blue Forever 244
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... 17 hr good 3
William T Rikard "Bill" aka "Dawg: Who knows him? 19 hr James 7
Craig 20 hr Lol 1
NRA Lawyer is a Convicted Murderer Tue W LaPierre 3
•••
•••