Day care owner sues ex-workers for defamation

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A Fishers woman who was charged with criminal abuses of children in her home day care business is suing the former employees who accused her.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 08

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Transparent wrote:
Especially in Hamilton County where they seem to be more liberal.
So the idea of innocent until proven guilty is a liberal concept?

“Oh George, not the livestock.”

Since: Jul 07

Indy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Paybacks Are A wrote:
Sounds like three of the four are likely illegal immigrants. I guess she certainly got what she paid for! Good luck finding your former "employees" and getting any cash out of them. I'm sure they'll skip across the border for awhile during legal proceedings.
Because we all know that anyone with an Hispanic sounding name must be here illegally...right?!?!
Edward

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Here we go again. The dirty government enters into a secret agreement which apparently finds the owner of the day care center not guilty. While the owner of the day care center has the PARENTS of the very children come to the court to tell apparently en masse that she is a wonderful, caring person, the government lackey attorneys slink off "into the night." I DEMAND that that bastian of journalistic integrity -- the INDY STAR -- PRINT repeatedly the NAMES of the prosecutora and the NAMES of the DETECTIVES who made this woman's life hell for months and months and months. And I DEMAND that the INDY STAR demand for months and months and months the firings of this cow dung bunch of individuals. THERE HAS to REAL, TANGIBLE ACCOUBTABILITY for such UNbelievable, AGGRIEGIOUS MISTAKES. IT IS BEYOND UNexcusable. There MUST BE PUNISHMENT for those prosecutors and police detectives who errored and errored and errored. And WHERE IS the accountability for the socalled REPORTERS?-- Indy Reporters are MORE guilty of IRresponsible conduct than the prosecutors and police detectives. HOW many articles did Indy Reporters absolutely delight in the many, many articles they wrote as they excorciated this poor woman? FIRE THEM ALL. And ESPECIALLY FIRE the Indy Star Editor who failed to get his/her reporters to INVESTIGATE on their own INSTEAD of printing VERBATIM the crap leaked to them by the prosecutors and police detectives who were counting the number of awards they would all receive for "throwing the book" at this poor day care center operator. There was "one" problem "at the end of the day" --- the day care center operator was NOT GUILTY of the outrageous charges. THEEEE biggest problem facing American citizens today ???--- merely being charged with anything. In TODAY's America -- a person charged with anything IS GUILTY UNTIL he/she proves him/herself innocent.

“Yeah, I said it.”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Edward wrote:
Here we go again. The dirty government enters into a secret agreement which apparently finds the owner of the day care center not guilty. While the owner of the day care center has the PARENTS of the very children come to the court to tell apparently en masse that she is a wonderful, caring person, the government lackey attorneys slink off "into the night." I DEMAND that that bastian of journalistic integrity -- the INDY STAR -- PRINT repeatedly the NAMES of the prosecutora and the NAMES of the DETECTIVES who made this woman's life hell for months and months and months. And I DEMAND that the INDY STAR demand for months and months and months the firings of this cow dung bunch of individuals. THERE HAS to REAL, TANGIBLE ACCOUBTABILITY for such UNbelievable, AGGRIEGIOUS MISTAKES. IT IS BEYOND UNexcusable. There MUST BE PUNISHMENT for those prosecutors and police detectives who errored and errored and errored. And WHERE IS the accountability for the socalled REPORTERS?-- Indy Reporters are MORE guilty of IRresponsible conduct than the prosecutors and police detectives. HOW many articles did Indy Reporters absolutely delight in the many, many articles they wrote as they excorciated this poor woman? FIRE THEM ALL. And ESPECIALLY FIRE the Indy Star Editor who failed to get his/her reporters to INVESTIGATE on their own INSTEAD of printing VERBATIM the crap leaked to them by the prosecutors and police detectives who were counting the number of awards they would all receive for "throwing the book" at this poor day care center operator. There was "one" problem "at the end of the day" --- the day care center operator was NOT GUILTY of the outrageous charges. THEEEE biggest problem facing American citizens today ???--- merely being charged with anything. In TODAY's America -- a person charged with anything IS GUILTY UNTIL he/she proves him/herself innocent.
Lighten up, Francis. The prosecuters, reporters, etc. are trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. A conspiracy amongst 4 people to slander their boss prolly ain't the easiest thing to disprove. Throw in the general public's knee-jerk overcaution when kids are involved and you have a difficult situation. Hopefully, justice will be found somewhere at the end of all this even though i'm sure several lawyers will line their pockets along the way.

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

She's not a criminal--she hasn't been convicted of anything.

Secret agreements have been used for decades; they lessen the taxpayers' burden for going into unwinnable cases while creating an envirinment in which the accused can demonstrate their character and practices. BTW--they are "secret" because the accused is innocent under the law and thus has the right to privacy concerning her dealing with the prosecutor's office.
Igna wrote:
Leave it to the prosecutor's office again with their SECRET agreements with criminals! Typical for Marion County and sounds like the same here too.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

You can't just make accusations--you still have to back them up. These witnesses couldn't do that. And the law concerning reportage of alleged incidents doesn't protect you from legal redress if the charges go unproven.
History reminder wrote:
First, anyone working in a childcare setting is a mandated reporter by the state. Thus, if there is ANY inkling of abuse or neglect it is required to be reported. As long as a person does it in good faith, no ramifications can come to those who report it. I am not sure how they are getting around this issue.
Proud Citizen

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Some of you guys make it sound like the Prosecutors dropped the case irresponsibly. Perhaps they had good reason to do it. I seriously doubt that the charges would be dropped if the Prosecutor felt that this person was guilty.

I'm not to comfortable with a "secret" agreement, but let's not assume that the Prosecutors are cold, heartless animals that recklessly let true criminals go.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

One word: Thorazine. Get it, live it, love it.

There is no proof that the prosecutors or police did anything outside of the scope of their duties--one of which is to investigate claims of child neglect or abuse.
Edward wrote:

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

A very large percentage of hispanics are here illegally? How many illegals do you think there are compared to those who are citizens?

Odds are that if you meet a Hispanic person, they are just as american as you. Maybe more--they aren't going to presume you are a criminal.
Paybacks Are A wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the meaning of the word "likely"? Since a very large percentage of Hispanics are here illegally, the answer to your question is "very likely, yes!" Any other questions, Tim?
Upset Friend

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

All the ex-employee's were related. One was to be fired and she got her family to join in with her so that they could take over her business. I am glad she is doing this because even if there is no pay out, they will be held accountable for their lies. God will also hold them accountable.
IU Class of 73

Ft Mitchell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Cpetr13 wrote:
A very large percentage of hispanics are here illegally? How many illegals do you think there are compared to those who are citizens?<quoted text>
Well, according to the US Census Buerau, of the nearly 300 million folks living in the USA, 14.8% of them (roughly 44 million) are of hispanic or latino origin. With the estimated 20 million illegal immigrants, of which 81% are of Lation origin (roughly 16 million). So for every 10 Latino person's you come across in the USA, chances are 4 of them are here illegally.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigran...

So while the person who made that post may have ulterior motives, it isn't and unreasonable assumption.
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why was there an agreement instead of a dismissal of all charges?
Do you think that maybe just maybe the prosecutors office was protecting there on skin by doing this? Go figure a politically elected official just may be looking out for there own interest. It was kind of funny that this case got so much press originally and it was just about the time for the next election. HMM WHO WOULDA THUNK
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Cpetr13 wrote:
One word: Thorazine. Get it, live it, love it.
There is no proof that the prosecutors or police did anything outside of the scope of their duties--one of which is to investigate claims of child neglect or abuse.
<quoted text>
\
Actually they did. You see I am one of the parents of the accused. When we were interviewed I warned them to proceed cautiously if in fact the two employees in question were behind the charges. You see the employees performance at that time was begining to get very shaky and they were very close to being fired.
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Tim from Camby wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we all know that anyone with an Hispanic sounding name must be here illegally...right?!?!
Honestly it the race of these individuals doesn't matter or even enter into this article or lawsuit. These accusors are scumbags and I hope they get all that is coming to them. People like this make living on this earth much less desirable. Good luck to you Kim Herdrich. My prayers are with you and I hope you recieve at least some vindication and are able to move forward with a happy life for your self.
Indy Indy

Streamwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

I'm afraid to comment, I might get sued.
clara

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

What a terrible injustice that has been done to this person, who as to what I read, did nothing but care for children so the parents could work.
I hope the accusers have a change of heart and some day come forward and tell the truth but I doubt that will happen. The reason I think that!!!!!!!!!! If they had a heart this malicious lie would have never been told
Fishers Mom

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

For the sake of the children who are still in this woman's care, I really do hope that she is innocent. It is really hard to find someone who you can completely trust with your children. You really don't know everything that happens when you are not there, especially when little ones who can't communicate are involved.
Jesse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Diversion huh?

Sounds like another one of those Fishers, "take care of your own", type of situations. Like he said, this is very rare, about like driving a drunk principal home when someone else would have surely been arrested.

I thought court cases were public record, but I guess they can make the rules as they go along.
Jesse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Upset Friend wrote:
All the ex-employee's were related. One was to be fired and she got her family to join in with her so that they could take over her business. I am glad she is doing this because even if there is no pay out, they will be held accountable for their lies. God will also hold them accountable.
You're right about that, god will hold the guilty party responsbile in the end, whomever that may be.
Herman Hoglebogle

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Perhaps she had just notified the parents of a rate increase. That coupled with the fact that the state did not get "full day" kindergarten mandated (govt provided daycare) sent these women over the edge. How were they supposed to afford their beer, cigs, cable tv and cell phones for all members of the family by paying someone to watch their kids?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Family of 15-year-old Indianapolis murder victi... 47 min Curious 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 9 hr Two Cents 86
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair 10 hr Coda1 1
They're Here 17 hr single smoking n looking 2
Parc Bordeaux Apts Awful 17 hr single smoking n looking 3
Knockout Game in Broad-Robbers 22 hr Ralph 3
Rebecca Driscoll 23 hr Curious 4
•••
•••