Father of Hovey Street murder victim speaks out

Jan 21, 2008 Full story: WISH-TV8 Indianapolis 55

“Yet I know my daughter and grandson are in a better place”

With four suspects in custody, and a day after burying his daughter, the father of one the Hovey Street murder victims speaks out. via WISH-TV8 Indianapolis

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
good mother

United States

#1 Jan 22, 2008
a little bit too late don't you think?
why not call child protective services since he knew his own daugther was placing her child on harms way?
why not call the police to tell them what is going on at that house? or of any deals or people involved in crime

wake up people... speak up before it's too late
not after
Indygirl

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 24, 2008
What a disrespectful thing to say to someone who has just lost a child and a grandchild! You have no idea what this man has or has not done. You need to learn some respect lady!
frustrated

Washington, DC

#3 Jan 24, 2008
Though it sounds harsh, I'm w/ good mother... Obviously, no person deserves to lose innocent loved ones, especially a grandchild (baby) in such a henious, horrible fashion... And yet, part of me can't understand why no one on the outside, like this father, sat there and did nothing. He wasn't born yesterday. He could see with his own eyes what a hell-hole this Hovey St. house was... His daughter was lucky enough to survive the November breakin. Why did he not get her out then. NO WAY I would let my daughter live in such a place. And if she objected, I'd at least have child services take her kid away from her, if the mom was so stupid and reluctant to move... These young women would have been safer in a homeless shelter, as awful as those places are.

I'm sure the dad bears a lot of guilt right about now; and this is not to point fingers... Maybe this horrible loss will teach others in the future to pay more attention to the plight of their young ones, regardless of how good or bad your personal relations may be.
Indygirl

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jan 24, 2008
Look, whether what he did was right or wrong, there is no sense in disrespecting the man and saying things to try to make him feel worse than he already does. Parent or not, you do not tell your adult child where she can and can not live, or who she can or can not hang out with. Maybe he should have called CPS, but a lot of people "should" do things all the time. It is an easy thing to say what YOU would have done, or would do, but until you are in that situation, you have no right to judge this man.
Indygirl2

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jan 24, 2008
obviously people not from here are making comments they have no idea about.lets see,call child protective services?in indianapolis? ya, right.it takes them months to respond and maybe they will investigate,that is not guaranted either.so who is to judge whether this family has contacted them or not.our cps has allowed children to return to their abusive parent(s) where sadly some of the child(ren) end up beaten again,or dead.if they are not returned to their family they have also placed children in the care of people that beat or kill them also.this is the sad reality of our CPS system here.now seriously, as a grandparent, would you want you grandchild in the indianapolis system?
Indygirl2

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jan 24, 2008
why would you call the police and tell them what was going on at that house. the police had been there on a couple of occasions, 1 in september because of a break in and theft. so what where the police going to do any different than when they came for the report of that? i am sure they searched the house to make sure there was no theif in the house when they arrived.
Indy Friend

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jan 26, 2008
good mother wrote:
a little bit too late don't you think?
why not call child protective services since he knew his own daugther was placing her child on harms way?
why not call the police to tell them what is going on at that house? or of any deals or people involved in crime
wake up people... speak up before it's too late
not after
I have known both victims and their families all my life. Goodmother has know Idea of their grief and what Andrea's father did or did not do. He tried so many times to get her to leave, and for so called good mother to say these things is cruel and hateful. I went to the funerals I saw their pain. I grew up with the people who were involved in this violent attack. Good mother you have no Idea what it is like to see your friends&their babies in a CASKET together, so know before you run your mouth about people and what they do and if they have tried to help.
KJN

Wichita, KS

#9 Jan 31, 2008
My hearts go out to the victims and their families. Why we ask ourselves can not answer that but I can say that when God is ready to pick his flowers, there is nothing that can stop him. If you would have called protective services it would not have changed the outcome. I believe we need to focus on justice for victims and not pointing the finger. God bless you all
Renee C

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2008
We must keep in mind that these individuals where inside the place they apparently called home, and with that said no one has the right to break in your home and terrorize you and subsequently execute you and your loved ones, we must keep that in mind it does not matter what they where doing on the inside with their doors locked, I do not condone drug houses nor the sale of drugs, but I do not blame these young women for their poor choices, I blame the monster who broke in and pulled the trigger on those young women and their babies, It disturbs me that no one seems to blame the idiots responsible for such a dirty act.
Sad Renee in Missouri!!!
jay boyd

Louisville, KY

#11 Feb 8, 2008
it is worng to just bust into some ones house and shoot them like that and all 4 surpects desvere to get the death pentaly

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#12 Feb 8, 2008
No one is saying that these guys (if they are guilty) had the right to shoot them,. but there is such a thing as placing yourself in harm's way. The drug trade is a violent one, and these thing will happen if you become part of it. It comes with the territory. You can put your own life at risk, but if you have children you have an obligation to protect them. Bruised feelings aren't as important as saved lives; not talking about the root problem only encourages others to make the same stupid mistakes.

You can't fix a problem if you can't even admit there IS one, and that personal responsibility is part of making personal deisions.
Renee C wrote:
We must keep in mind that these individuals where inside the place they apparently called home, and with that said no one has the right to break in your home and terrorize you and subsequently execute you and your loved ones, we must keep that in mind it does not matter what they where doing on the inside with their doors locked, I do not condone drug houses nor the sale of drugs, but I do not blame these young women for their poor choices, I blame the monster who broke in and pulled the trigger on those young women and their babies, It disturbs me that no one seems to blame the idiots responsible for such a dirty act.
Sad Renee in Missouri!!!

Indianapolis

#13 Feb 8, 2008
Here in america, we have quaint custom called a fair trial. We don't know if these guys are guilty or what level of culpability they each have.
jay boyd wrote:
it is worng to just bust into some ones house and shoot them like that and all 4 surpects desvere to get the death pentaly
I hate being black

Encinitas, CA

#14 Jul 15, 2008
Black people are the dumbest race on the face of the earth.

I hate being a black person and would switch races if could. How could you kill 2 BABIES?

Black people make me sick.
OutDerrick

United States

#15 Jul 16, 2008
Cpetr13 wrote:
No one is saying that these guys (if they are guilty) had the right to shoot them,. but there is such a thing as placing yourself in harm's way. The drug trade is a violent one, and these thing will happen if you become part of it. It comes with the territory. You can put your own life at risk, but if you have children you have an obligation to protect them. Bruised feelings aren't as important as saved lives; not talking about the root problem only encourages others to make the same stupid mistakes.
You can't fix a problem if you can't even admit there IS one, and that personal responsibility is part of making personal deisions.
<quoted text>
Mr. Cpetr13, please tell this to Derrick. He keeps yammering on about how drugs never harm anyone and we should just let illegal drug users go around scott free and never do anything about it. Well Derrick, how do you think the fathers and mothers feel about your views on illegal drugs now ?

Indianapolis

#16 Jul 16, 2008
You misunderstand me. I was referring to the drug trade as it is now. I firmly believe in legalization of drugs, which would deprive organized crime and gangs of much of their operating capital. It would also mean that our prisons would be places for actual criminals instead of people who use a little weed or coke regardless of whether or not they actually harmed anyone.

Incidents like this would be rare if non-existent since there would be no illegal drug trade to fuel the violence. Street crimes and thefts would plummet. And the taxes made on legal drugs would boost the economy.

There is such a thing as responsible drug use, just as there is such a thing as responsible use of alcohol.

As long as drugs re illegal, you will have to deal with the same criminal problems they did during prohibition, and for the same reasons. It's sad that people didn't learn their leson from THAT pathetic portion of history.
OutDerrick wrote:
<quoted text>Mr. Cpetr13, please tell this to Derrick. He keeps yammering on about how drugs never harm anyone and we should just let illegal drug users go around scott free and never do anything about it. Well Derrick, how do you think the fathers and mothers feel about your views on illegal drugs now ?
OutDerrick

United States

#17 Jul 16, 2008
Cpetr13 wrote:
You misunderstand me. I was referring to the drug trade as it is now. I firmly believe in legalization of drugs, which would deprive organized crime and gangs of much of their operating capital. It would also mean that our prisons would be places for actual criminals instead of people who use a little weed or coke regardless of whether or not they actually harmed anyone.
Incidents like this would be rare if non-existent since there would be no illegal drug trade to fuel the violence. Street crimes and thefts would plummet. And the taxes made on legal drugs would boost the economy.
There is such a thing as responsible drug use, just as there is such a thing as responsible use of alcohol.
As long as drugs re illegal, you will have to deal with the same criminal problems they did during prohibition, and for the same reasons. It's sad that people didn't learn their leson from THAT pathetic portion of history.
<quoted text>
I knew I could get you to show your true colors. You are a hypocrite. Being stoned is not responsible. By the way, you drive drunk, you get caught, you get punished. So what is the difference. Bu thanks for showing us the hypocrite that you are. You probably think a drug dealer is an unlicensed pharmacist.
Vince McNamara

United States

#18 Jul 16, 2008
Derrick is a idiot drug user. Drugs are what got these women and babies killed. How derrick could make excuses for these animals is beyond me. Anyway, don't pay any attention to derrick, using illegal drugs will only cause you heartache and pain and jail time.

Indianapolis

#19 Jul 16, 2008
I didn't say that driving under the influence was responsible, did I? Responsible drug use, be it alcohol, pot, or whatever, occurs with the taking of standard precautions--no driving, knowing your limits, etc. If you are one of the morons who pretends that alcohol is not a drug, then you don't even understand the issues.

I also never said that a dealer was a pharmacist of any kind. Is your entire debate going to consist of making things up and then arguing against them?
OutDerrick wrote:
<quoted text>I knew I could get you to show your true colors. You are a hypocrite. Being stoned is not responsible. By the way, you drive drunk, you get caught, you get punished. So what is the difference. Bu thanks for showing us the hypocrite that you are. You probably think a drug dealer is an unlicensed pharmacist.

Indianapolis

#20 Jul 16, 2008
That's what they said about booze during prohibition. Remove the legal restrictions and you remove the reason for violence. Drugs did not kill these people; guns did. Guns wielded by people were were engaged in an illegal activity.

Of drugs were legal, what reason would these guys have for killing anyone?
Vince McNamara wrote:
Derrick is a idiot drug user. Drugs are what got these women and babies killed. How derrick could make excuses for these animals is beyond me. Anyway, don't pay any attention to derrick, using illegal drugs will only cause you heartache and pain and jail time.
Vince McNamara

United States

#21 Jul 16, 2008
Cpetr13 wrote:
That's what they said about booze during prohibition. Remove the legal restrictions and you remove the reason for violence. Drugs did not kill these people; guns did. Guns wielded by people were were engaged in an illegal activity.
Of drugs were legal, what reason would these guys have for killing anyone?
<quoted text>
The illegal activity was illegal drug use. Thanks for making my point for me. You have no point because your point is based on a false premise. If not for illegal drug use, these women and babies would still be alive. Just try to tell me I am wrong. Then everyone will know for sure you are a idiot. Drug addicted idiot to boot ! Loser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Brown screams Mr Wilson 1 hr BlackGhettoThug 2
K-mart's shutting down 5 hr jack 20
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 5 hr Learn to Read 305
jack cottey deceased 5 hr Blackology 8
Could Terry Curry Be 1st Democratic 2-Term Pros... 6 hr Blackology 1
William montez 7 hr Mr Wu 4
Cop arrested on third DUI (Mar '07) Fri advocate in IL 136
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis Jobs