Sampson wants better team play

There are 139 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 2, 2008, titled Sampson wants better team play. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Coach blames himself for poor performance at Wisconsin and 2-game losing streak Tom Wood Subaru Visit Tom Wood Subaru at 96th Street and Keystone Avenue for Online Specials on New and Pre-Owned Subaru vehicles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
delaware

Princess Anne, MD

#123 Feb 3, 2008
there are players avg. more assist than i.u. as a team pass the ball !!!!!!!11
Purdue Student

Lafayette, IN

#124 Feb 3, 2008
Even three years ago when Purdue only won 9 games, we still did not complain about Coach Painter. Purdue fans knew he had class and was going to turn our program around with team play....and he did. Purdue fans rallied behind him and he is starting to deliver.

To IU fans: Sometimes it pays off to follow the rules and stay classy.
Elvan

AOL

#125 Feb 3, 2008
I have not giving up on Sampson but if we are not better in his forth year he needs to go.

I don't understand that. He had no record coming in to make us IU fans think he was any good. Add to his lack of coaching ability that fact he has no moral accountability, he doesn't recruit kids that intend to graduate, and his players don't leave prepared to play in the NBA and you have a guy who has no business being paid by the state of Indiana to be on staff at a major university. Why wait four years? Fire his sorry behind and Greenspans......now.
robbydbo

Sahuarita, AZ

#126 Feb 3, 2008
duh
robbydbo

Sahuarita, AZ

#127 Feb 3, 2008
Old Roy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet a guy as smart as Carmody has a buy out/opt out claus in his contract at NW. His Princeton,and to a lesser degree NW credintals are impressive,AND HE WOULD NEVER,NEVER CHEAT. If I were Greenspan and I.U.,I'd go after Carmody. Carmody is a Bob Knight,with out the attitude. I believe the NCAA sanctions,penalties and probations associated with the rules violations,will be Sampson's undoing.
We SHALL see!
i keep hoping majerus will end up coaching iu.
HoosierFan in Seymour

United States

#128 Feb 3, 2008
champaign will be scary wrote:
Not so sure this team can win at Illinois with the way they are playing right now. How in the world did Northwestern hang around so long, is our D really that bad???
yes

Since: Jul 07

United States

#129 Feb 3, 2008
Looks like IU did indeed *paste* Northwestern.

The Big 10 Title goes through Bloomington this year.

Why should IU quit going to their 1-2 punch when an opponent can't stop them? Only a cupcake college fan would suggest such a thing.
Old Yeller

United States

#130 Feb 3, 2008
Hoosierdaddy wrote:
Looks like IU did indeed *paste* Northwestern.
The Big 10 Title goes through Bloomington this year.
Why should IU quit going to their 1-2 punch when an opponent can't stop them? Only a cupcake college fan would suggest such a thing.
IU will not win the Big 10. It will be Wisconsin first, Purdue, OSU, MSU and then IU. IU is roadkill the rest of the season.
Gene combover Keady

Shirley, IN

#131 Feb 3, 2008
Old Yeller wrote:
<quoted text>
IU will not win the Big 10. It will be Wisconsin first, Purdue, OSU, MSU and then IU. IU is roadkill the rest of the season.
PU my a$$ you must be nuts, they aren't that good get over yourselves. Go to a PU sight all you PU fans!!!!!!
Bill Clinton

Ashland, PA

#132 Feb 3, 2008
kathy skidmore wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a true Hoosier fan and I agree with your comments. This team has a lot of talent and yes they play too much one on one: We need to start driving to the basket more, make better passes, cut down on the turnovers, improve their concentration, and quit standing around. No one comes to the ball to help out. I didn't expect IU to win every game and I think that Sampson has done a good job with the team. This team will improve. Go IU!!
k.skidmore
cincinnati, ohio
I am certain Kelvin Sampson could use the advise from an unemployed nurse.

“Hoosier fan in Tarheel land”

Since: Oct 07

United States

#133 Feb 3, 2008
Alex Lifeson wrote:
12 point win over lowely Northwestern?? Very little heart or energy from the sinking Hoosiers.
My source close to IU says Sampson and the team both know-or highly expect-that his firing is coming at season's end. Might explain why he looks to have lost interest in his job and lost
his team. He knows his short tenure in Bloomington will be ending in about 6 weeks. My source says he built a nice house in Bloomington too-ouch!
My guess is that your "source" is a warm, dark, stinky place well within arm's reach....
Bill Clinton

Ashland, PA

#134 Feb 3, 2008
I would guess that IU fans should be all New England fans. Both coaches have the same regard for rules.
Elvan

AOL

#135 Feb 3, 2008
My source close to IU says Sampson and the team both know-or highly expect-that his firing is coming at season's end.(Alex)

I certainly hope you're correct. That won't be soon enough, but it'll certainly be better than later.

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

#136 Feb 3, 2008
Gene combover Keady wrote:
<quoted text>
PU my a$$ you must be nuts, they aren't that good get over yourselves. Go to a PU sight all you PU fans!!!!!!
There you go with your snappy comments again. If you can't do more than be a blowhard -- shut up!! You have contributed nothing tangible to the discussion.
Gene combover Keady

Shirley, IN

#137 Feb 4, 2008
Purdue fan wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with your snappy comments again. If you can't do more than be a blowhard -- shut up!! You have contributed nothing tangible to the discussion.
I can tell you must be one of PU's most intelligent fans, you have great use of the english language and you have contributed all the tangible things to this this discussion. Your head must be as big has that Purdue Pete guy, like I said earlier get over yourself. i don't understand if you PU fans loathe IU so much why do you use them as a measuring stick for your accomplishments? Because it doesn't go the other way do you play sports up there?

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

#138 Feb 4, 2008
<quoted text>
I can tell you must be one of PU's most intelligent fans, you have great use of the english language and you have contributed all the tangible things to this this discussion. Your head must be as big has that Purdue Pete guy, like I said earlier get over yourself. i don't understand if you PU fans loathe IU so much why do you use them as a measuring stick for your accomplishments? Because it doesn't go the other way do you play sports up there?
Just contribute something!!!!!!!!!! All you do is call people names and make unsubstantiated comments. That's all I'm saying. Call people names if you want, but make a point too.
Gene combover Keady

Shirley, IN

#139 Feb 4, 2008
Purdue fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just contribute something!!!!!!!!!! All you do is call people names and make unsubstantiated comments. That's all I'm saying. Call people names if you want, but make a point too.
I haven't called you any names but the same doesn't go for you, you seem to think you can call people names all you want. If what I say bothers you so much just ignore it. We do have freedom of speech in this country and I will take full advantage of it. I nothing more to say to you!!!!!!!!!! I do have 1 question for you, why do you spend so much time on the IU article comments? Just for your information if my time was worth nothing you would never catch me reading or commenting on anything about PU sports.
WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH

Indianapolis, IN

#140 Feb 4, 2008
<quoted text>
I haven't called you any names but the same doesn't go for you, you seem to think you can call people names all you want. If what I say bothers you so much just ignore it. We do have freedom of speech in this country and I will take full advantage of it. I nothing more to say to you!!!!!!!!!! I do have 1 question for you, why do you spend so much time on the IU article comments? Just for your information if my time was worth nothing you would never catch me reading or commenting on anything about PU sports.
"WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH, my name is Gene Keady Combover and all I do is whine. WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH. You would think my name is Clemente and someone said that IU sucks. WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH"

Geez, you people need to get a life. Pacification of America example number one.
Gene combover Keady

Shirley, IN

#141 Feb 4, 2008
WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH wrote:
<quoted text>
"WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH, my name is Gene Keady Combover and all I do is whine. WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH. You would think my name is Clemente and someone said that IU sucks. WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH"
Geez, you people need to get a life. Pacification of America example number one.

Hey DF why are you over here? did all your Boyfriends from Carey Quad leave ya tonight?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ballard's wife is Bisexual 2 hr The Great Kaptoz 3
Prostitutes at Buds truck stop in the 80's 18 hr Ervin 1
News House votes to block EPA regulation of streams,... 22 hr spud 47
Fairychauns win in Ireland Sun The Great Wisdom 1
They pull 19 kids and counting? Sun The Great Wisdom 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Indianapolis, IN (Jul '10) Sat pewwert 1,397
Mayor Ballard Honors Nasty Letterman May 22 The Great Wisdom 5
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE