Health officials confirm state's firs...

Health officials confirm state's first hepatitis A death

There are 5 comments on the WTHR-TV Indianapolis story from Jul 12, 2018, titled Health officials confirm state's first hepatitis A death. In it, WTHR-TV Indianapolis reports that:

INDIANAPOLIS -State Department of health officials have confirmed the state's first death related to an outbreak of hepatitis A. Since November 2017, health officials have confirmed 214 outbreak-related cases of hepatitis A. I "This heartbreaking loss of life illustrates how serious this outbreak is, and I urge Hoosiers to practice good handwashing and to get vaccinated, especially if they fall into a high-risk population," said Indiana State Health Commissioner Kris Box, M.D., FACOG. "We are working with our local and federal health partners to slow the spread of hepatitis A in our state, but this disease is highly contagious and can spread rapidly, so prevention is critical."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV Indianapolis.

true

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jul 12, 2018
Hepatitis A virus can be transmitted to others by contaminated stools (feces), foods prepared by an infected person, contaminated water, and close personal contact (for example, touching hands, sex), with an infected person but not by sneezing, cough, hugging (without skin contact) or by being near an infected person.

Lol the few people that employers can find to work low wage, food service jobs are also nasty.
Ann

United States

#2 Aug 4, 2018
true wrote:
Hepatitis A virus can be transmitted to others by contaminated stools (feces), foods prepared by an infected person, contaminated water, and close personal contact (for example, touching hands, sex), with an infected person but not by sneezing, cough, hugging (without skin contact) or by being near an infected person.

Lol the few people that employers can find to work low wage, food service jobs are also nasty.
Why don't workers in food service jobs have to be screened for hep a, tb, and other highly contagious diseases? It should be mandatory!
info

United States

#3 Aug 4, 2018
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't workers in food service jobs have to be screened for hep a, tb, and other highly contagious diseases? It should be mandatory!
Discrimination.

Fast food is for the poverty stricken and it is designed to keep you that way. And fat. If it has a drive thru, it WILL kill you.

Enjoy.
The Liberal

Greenwood, IN

#4 Aug 4, 2018
As a Liberal,I hate low wage earners--especially food service workers.

The only people that matter are affluent suburban folks. People that earn a good salary and wage. Those WITH SOFT HANDS!!!

POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR CHILDREN SHOULD FIGHT WARS IN THE MIDEAST AS OUR CHILDREN ENJOY THE EXPERIENCES OF COLLEGES AND LIFE IN GENERAL. THE LESS FORTUNATE SHOULD CONTINUE TO STRUGGLE!!! THAT IS THEIR FATE!!!

VOTE STRAIGHT DEMOCRATIC PARTY TICKET!!!

WE AR DEMOCRATS!!! WE ARE CULTURED,BEAUTIFUL AND AFFLUENT!!!

WE ARE BETTER THAN MOST PEOPLE!!!

WE ARE SPECIAL AND UNIQUE!!!!

RESIST!!!
info

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Aug 5, 2018
The Liberal wrote:
As a Liberal,I hate low wage earners--especially food service workers.

The only people that matter are affluent suburban folks. People that earn a good salary and wage. Those WITH SOFT HANDS!!!

POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR CHILDREN SHOULD FIGHT WARS IN THE MIDEAST AS OUR CHILDREN ENJOY THE EXPERIENCES OF COLLEGES AND LIFE IN GENERAL. THE LESS FORTUNATE SHOULD CONTINUE TO STRUGGLE!!! THAT IS THEIR FATE!!!

VOTE STRAIGHT DEMOCRATIC PARTY TICKET!!!

WE AR DEMOCRATS!!! WE ARE CULTURED,BEAUTIFUL AND AFFLUENT!!!

WE ARE BETTER THAN MOST PEOPLE!!!

WE ARE SPECIAL AND UNIQUE!!!!

RESIST!!!
Good for you. The original post has nothing to do with politics.

This is about hepatitis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chik-Fil-A Bigots 20 min Yes 4
News Defrost your windshield in seconds with this hack 11 hr Username 2
News Business leaders push for hate crime law in Ind... 11 hr Mr K 5
dead country music fans 11 hr Username 5
The Down Fall Of USA 11 hr Satan 25
The Burger Chef Murders (Dec '13) 11 hr Cheese whiz 105
Hot black women 11 hr White guy 3

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages