Several arrested for welfare fraud sc...

Several arrested for welfare fraud schemes

There are 16 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Apr 15, 2008, titled Several arrested for welfare fraud schemes. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

The Indianapolis Housing Agency said there will be more housing and welfare fraud arrests this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

Jackson Mauser

Long Beach, CA

#1 Apr 15, 2008
Does this mean I'll have to go get a job now???

“That will be the day”

Since: Mar 08

Wilbur, Indiana

#2 Apr 15, 2008
OH! yes, Yes we can.

Since: Mar 08

Loves Park, IL

#3 Apr 15, 2008
If these people are going to have felony charges brought against them so should the people that ok'd the payments. There is a person or persons responsible for arranging the payment process, and they should be brought up on charges also. I always thought that if you needed welfare then you should get it after proving you need it, but for these people to get government subsidies plus collecting rent from the tenants, I don't understand how that happened. I thought there was a system of checks and balances in place just for this reason, I guess not.
Mary Duluth

Portsmouth, VA

#4 Apr 15, 2008
I agree that the people who approved these bogus checks didn't do their jobs and should be charged along with the others.

I also beleive this is just the tip of the iceburg. More investigations and digging will turn up many many more of these scum bags. They need to be put on a chain gang and work off the money they stole from the taxpayers. No punishment would be too severe ... especially WORK!
nomad215

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Apr 16, 2008
This case against Omar Dillard is bogus. The truth will come out soon.
KELVIN D

Verona, WI

#6 Apr 16, 2008
nomad215 wrote:
YOU ARE PROBABLY IN ON IT WITH HIM, AND YES THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT, AND THOSE THAT STOLE MY HARD EARNED TAX DOLLARS THAT GOES TOWARD FUNDING THESE PROGRAMS THE LAW IS OUT TO GET THAT ASS, LOW LIFE CROOK.
DAVE F

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Apr 16, 2008
I agree that there needs to be more checks and balances done so this doesn't happen again. But think about it !!! politicians do the same thing to all of us taxpayers.Take our money and use it fradulantly on themselves or other purposes. So we also have to blame the politicians, lawmakers and all of govt. who write and enforce these laws as well for they are crooks too!!! Tese people deserve punishment but so does govt!!!!
dale

Bloomington, IN

#8 Apr 27, 2008
DAVE F wrote:
I agree that there needs to be more checks and balances done so this doesn't happen again. But think about it !!! politicians do the same thing to all of us taxpayers.Take our money and use it fradulantly on themselves or other purposes. So we also have to blame the politicians, lawmakers and all of govt. who write and enforce these laws as well for they are crooks too!!! Tese people deserve punishment but so does govt!!!!
hey dave ru dave forte who used to work at kroger
Pop

Katy, TX

#9 May 12, 2008
nomad215 wrote:
I wonder if this is the same Omar that is the brother of Colette Dillard from Topeka, Ks.

Anyone know?
indianapolis

Duncan, OK

#11 May 15, 2008
Jim1960 wrote:
If these people are going to have felony charges brought against them so should the people that ok'd the payments. There is a person or persons responsible for arranging the payment process, and they should be brought up on charges also. I always thought that if you needed welfare then you should get it after proving you need it, but for these people to get government subsidies plus collecting rent from the tenants, I don't understand how that happened. I thought there was a system of checks and balances in place just for this reason, I guess not.
You are right...there should be checks and balances...that is why this doesn't really make sense to me...there are TONS of mistakes in Section 8 and they are using some of these people to cover up their problems. Be careful how you judge...the news media doesn't always tell the truth.
alice the housekeeper

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jun 3, 2008
But the worst case here in Indiana had to have been the mother of Tommisue Hilbert (the call girl/stipper married to former Conseco CEO Steve Hilbert) living in the $300,000 "guest cottage" on the Hilbert compound and making money selling priceless antiques and STILL getting the welfare checks and benefits she received when Tommisue was a student at Ben Davis High School and they lived in Mars Hill!! What a case of fraud that was! Oh well, I loved the news report of Steve and Tommisue having to sell off their "priceless" works of art and collectibles as a court-ordered mandate when he filed bankruptcy! Ahhh...what comes around, goes around!!
Kris

United States

#16 Jun 4, 2008
alice the housekeeper wrote:
But the worst case here in Indiana had to have been the mother of Tommisue Hilbert (the call girl/stipper married to former Conseco CEO Steve Hilbert) living in the $300,000 "guest cottage" on the Hilbert compound and making money selling priceless antiques and STILL getting the welfare checks and benefits she received when Tommisue was a student at Ben Davis High School and they lived in Mars Hill!! What a case of fraud that was! Oh well, I loved the news report of Steve and Tommisue having to sell off their "priceless" works of art and collectibles as a court-ordered mandate when he filed bankruptcy! Ahhh...what comes around, goes around!!
I love it!!! I firmly believe what goes around, comes around! Trash will always be trash.
Fact Checker

Wheaton, IL

#23 Jul 1, 2008
When is the truth going to come out about Omar Dillard??
Chopz

Lees Summit, MO

#24 Dec 4, 2008
Just incase someone else checks in on this, the truth is out. Mr. Dillard was acquitted on all charges. But don't believe me, do your homework.
wizzel

United States

#25 Mar 11, 2011
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if this is the same Omar that is the brother of Colette Dillard from Topeka, Ks.
Anyone know?
yes, thats his sister, and he coaches an Au basketball team.
just me

Evanston, IL

#26 Mar 11, 2011
i would like to see the low lifes who supposedly represent hoosiers in indianapolis at the statehouse be jailed for stealing tax monies on frivolous things like introducing a bill to serve beer at the state fair. think of the cost of printing this stupid crap to give out to the other legislators and the time used at lsa and the research that it takes to introduce crap like that.
stupid idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Burger Chef Murders (Dec '13) 9 hr I Hate These People 29
Race is was why Burger Chef murders happened (Oct '16) 9 hr I Hate These People 7
Burger Chef murders can be solved (Oct '16) 9 hr I Hate These People 29
Trump takes vacation from scandals, to spend en... 11 hr big o mess of fail 1
News Authorities: Man shot, wounded by Indiana sheri... 11 hr sam4short 10
Trump 6 months: 991 tweets, 40 days golfing, 0... 11 hr big o mess of fail 4
10th Street Prostitutes in the 50s 60s (May '12) 13 hr Covenant6080 434

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages