Scouts may lift ban on gays

Scouts may lift ban on gays

There are 596 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 29, 2013, titled Scouts may lift ban on gays. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Boy Scouts of America is considering lifting its ban on gay Scouts and troop leaders, but to what extent the decision would have an impact in Indiana is unclear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#415 Feb 6, 2013
Truth-Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. I don't understand why it's even an issue. I'm hoping they stand on their principles and not cave to social pressure or potential loss of funding.
It just hit a nerve while I was reading. There was a lawsuit filed because one scout didn't want to recite a passage with the word "God" in it. What in the heck was he thinking when he knew exactly what the scouts stood for Before he became a member!
It's sort of like, "hey, I'm going to join the army, but, I'm not gonna carry a gun. Or screw the discipline, I don't need any." Either you follow by the orders put forth or, You Get Out!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#416 Feb 6, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>your kinda dense aren't you... typical christard... what part of your statement regarding private cooporations sponsoring who they choos verse tax payer money did you fail to get... i know go say a prayer to your jesass while demanding your special rights you fundietard
I think the one who is dense is YOU. Your grammar and spelling needs work too. Get sober or clean and then try again.
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

#417 Feb 6, 2013
Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not blinded by hate or prejudices. I accept, or not, each individual as they come. I may admire some characters more than others but hate I do not.
I am beginning to suspect that you like to rearrange facts to suit your purpose which may include coercion of sexually confused young people.
If you don't accept their views your full of hate. PERIOD! In reality, it's not a matter of whether or not you're blinded by hate or prejudice. THEY are, and if they don't push the "hate victim" issue they have nothing. According to the GLAAD media reference guide, they want journalists to ignore sexual orientation when it comes to perpetrators of crimes because it's irrelevant,(I agree) but if a gay is a victim of a crime..."they want ALL the facts (including sexual orientation) disclosed to "allow the public to come to their own decision." I don't ever recall hearing... "a straight male/female was found dead this morning..." because it doesn't matter a victim of a crime is just that, a victim of a crime.(unless they're gay)
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

#418 Feb 6, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>First you whine that I gave you a link to Wikipedia when I didn't and now you give me a Wikipedia link to the definition of the concept of empirical evidence? Are you going to make up what you are passing off as your mind at some point, or is this all that I should expect? By the way dear, I already knew what empirical evidence means dear, that is why I kept telling you that was what you were being told. Jeez, what a moron.
I NEVER said YOU gave the link. I put it out there in case others didn't know.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#419 Feb 6, 2013
Jeanne Crain wrote:
<quoted text>
It just hit a nerve while I was reading. There was a lawsuit filed because one scout didn't want to recite a passage with the word "God" in it. What in the heck was he thinking when he knew exactly what the scouts stood for Before he became a member!
It's sort of like, "hey, I'm going to join the army, but, I'm not gonna carry a gun. Or screw the discipline, I don't need any." Either you follow by the orders put forth or, You Get Out!
your right make sure you indoctrinate little kits into your cult of hate

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#420 Feb 6, 2013
Momma said wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the one who is dense is YOU. Your grammar and spelling needs work too. Get sober or clean and then try again.
i do just fine for leaving school in the 8th grade... ty very much dumbazz

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#422 Feb 6, 2013
ever wonder just how much money the bsa soaks up as benies of your tax dollar

http://www.thehumanist.org/humanist/articles/...

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#423 Feb 6, 2013
Hey KKK BSA we want our money back!!!! If you can't follow anti discrimination laws then... well... in Jeanne Crains words

Either you follow by the orders put forth or, You Get Out!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#424 Feb 6, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>your right make sure you indoctrinate little kits into your cult of hate
Hate? No. Just don't see why special intrest groups have to bust up organizations that have been in good standing for century's.
Garth

United States

#425 Feb 6, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>i do just fine for leaving school in the 8th grade... ty very much dumbazz
Hey aren't you in college now?:rolling eyes:

ROFLMFAO!

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#426 Feb 6, 2013
Hey KKK BSA call the christard churches for your funding... Jesass hated everyone as you do!!!

Oh ya.... They soak up an astronomical amount of tax money every year

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#427 Feb 6, 2013
Garth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey aren't you in college now?:rolling eyes:
ROFLMFAO!
Sorry... dropped out.. had to work to much

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#428 Feb 6, 2013
Jeanne Crain wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate? No. Just don't see why special intrest groups have to bust up organizations that have been in good standing for century's.
they don't christardo... just give the money back... then hate on... i support ya

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#431 Feb 6, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
Hey KKK BSA we want our money back!!!! If you can't follow anti discrimination laws then... well... in Jeanne Crains words
Either you follow by the orders put forth or, You Get Out!
Gee, what don't you get? This was an organization started in 1911 and for many years it has thrived until haters like you came along and cried foul!!!
By the way do you hate all Christians?; or just the ones who pray?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#432 Feb 6, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
Hey KKK BSA call the christard churches for your funding... Jesass hated everyone as you do!!!
Oh ya.... They soak up an astronomical amount of tax money every year
You are astronomically misinformed.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#433 Feb 6, 2013
Jeanne Crain wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, what don't you get? This was an organization started in 1911 and for many years it has thrived until haters like you came along and cried foul!!!
By the way do you hate all Christians?; or just the ones who pray?
Your kinda..... sssssssllllllooooowwwww .... They can keep their hate organization and for the third time I hope they do!!!!!!! Just get off the tax payer money.... If you want the tax money that we the people put in then follow the rules or you know .... GET OUT

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#434 Feb 6, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>Your kinda..... sssssssllllllooooowwwww .... They can keep their hate organization and for the third time I hope they do!!!!!!! Just get off the tax payer money.... If you want the tax money that we the people put in then follow the rules or you know .... GET OUT
You're. Ate. Up. With. Dumb. Sh!t....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#435 Feb 6, 2013
Jeanne Crain wrote:
<quoted text>
You're. Ate. Up. With. Dumb. Sh!t....
She's kinda scary! I hope she's supervised well.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#436 Feb 6, 2013
Momma said wrote:
<quoted text>
You are astronomically misinformed.
hey dumbazz
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

$71000000000... that's the net loss in tax money every year because of christardo church special rights tax exemptions... looks like your the profoundly dumb one

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#437 Feb 6, 2013
Jeanne Crain wrote:
<quoted text>
You're. Ate. Up. With. Dumb. Sh!t....
notice the christard won't give back the money that they steal to keep hate going... my how jesass like of you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dancers body found 1 hr NotImportant 5
After Trump "deal", layoffs set to begin next m... 4 hr TrumpedPelosi 7
Georgia election 4 hr TrumpedPelosi 3
Trump bluff on White House tapes wasn’t just di... Fri TrumpedMaddow 2
Evergreen State College Thu Please Get Help 6
Looking for older women to have fun with Thu True 3
Favorite Places 70s and 80s (Feb '13) Thu Kevin D 198

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages