Let it Out

Call us at 444-4445, and enter category 3; send a fax to 444-6565, attention LET IT OUT; send an e-mail to letitout@indystar.com, or fill out and submit this form . Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Gooberhead

United States

#149 Dec 26, 2007
Indymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Star should start a new forum called "Flirt It Out" or "Let's Get a Room."
People would probably talk about the issues of the day on it and people trying to flirt would complain about them not flirting.
Ah Ah

Indianapolis, IN

#150 Dec 26, 2007
I thought Indymama's post was funny, but your is even better :-)
A good start

Evansville, IN

#151 Dec 27, 2007
southern miss wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a very enjoyable Christmas, too. Just need a few more days off......Of course, attorneys never rest!
Can't rest when there are so many people to screw and rob.......
shatter family deams

Patoka, IN

#152 Dec 27, 2007
My wife of 28 years is the most BEAUTIFUL,UGLY person I Know, and don't know anymore. 4 kids, 3 grandchildren, we're getting divorced! I hope he's worth it,and you find happiness in the destruction and aftermath of what you are doing to our family, I still LOVE YOU and Forgive you!
J Rucker

New Palestine, IN

#153 Dec 28, 2007
Every item in your column of 12/28 was quality. Keep it up. JR
Overgoverned

United States

#154 Dec 28, 2007
As has been discussed here, significant among WIBC's alleged improvements is the absence of Paul Harvey's News And Comment(s) and The Rest Of The Story(s).

For those in the southeastern part of our area, WLW AM 700 is the ideal replacement. Those to whom Louisville is handier can try WHAS AM 840. The Terre Haute affiliate is WTHI-FM 99.9, but since it's FM, it doesn't have the range of a 50,000 watt AM station, the kind that WIBC was up until a couple of days ago. But in the western part of the state, Paul's originating station, WGN AM 720, is the best choice.

The best thing about these stations' broadcasts is this: there's a LOT fewer commercials, in general, and during the Paul Harvey reports, in particular. During the midday News And Comment, WLW airs one count 'em, ONE local commercial between Page Two and Page Three. WIBC, when I listened to it, would typically play about 15, half of them WIBC's own self-promotions.

Another good thing: while the morning report comes on pretty much everywhere at 8:30, the midday report used to come on anywhere from 12:17 to 12:23 on WIBC, while the preferred affiliates (like WLW and WGN) flip the switch at 12:05-12:07.

As for The Rest Of The Story, the same stations play it, but there's nothing like a suggested schedule. WGN airs it at about 7:50 PM and 3:20 AM (repeat); WLW plays it at 6:25 AM; and WHAS at 6:15 PM. I'm pretty sure WIBC tried to pack all the commercial insertions they possibly could pack into the space between "You know what the news is; in a minute [or three], you're going to hear, The Rest, Of The Story" and "And now, The Rest, Of The Story".

I'd actually contemplated making some telephone calls and warning some of the advertisers that they weren't getting much for their advertising dollar, and that as long as they continued to advertise on the overdiluted WIBC, they'd get no customer dollars from me. But now that the handwriting's so plainly on the wall, it shouldn't be long before the advertisers follow the listeners who will follow the programming to whichever other station picks it up.
Chuck Johnson

Plainfield, IN

#155 May 10, 2014
The world is not watching how we handle the Clippers crisis. They are focusing on the upcoming Kardashian wedding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking For A Former Band Member 3 hr Former Bandmate 4
BEWARE-Julia Cox is a bird scammer and dishonest 4 hr Alonzo X 8
Racial profiling reaches up social ladder, too 7 hr Dave 1
Review: Big O'S C B Shop (Dec '13) Sat Speedy 10
smack in the chops for NOBAMA Sat Simon 47
Obama wants to be impeached Sat Simon 23
Police make arrest in 15-year-old Dominique All... Sat bite me 1
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis People Search