No free pass for IU's Gordon

No free pass for IU's Gordon

There are 176 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 1, 2008, titled No free pass for IU's Gordon. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

You can blame it on his sore left wrist or a hostile environment or say it simply appears the Big Ten has figured out how to slow him down, but Indiana guard Eric Gordon isn't playing like he did in November ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
IU Fan

Brookville, OH

#1 Feb 2, 2008
Now that he is showing his true colors, I wish he would have gone to Illinois afterall. THere is no way he is a 1st round lottery NBA pick this year! He had better stay at IU at least another year to improve his overall game. Lets hope daddy Gordon realizes this also, and can be patient 1 more year to become a millionaires daddy
Joe Platt

Columbus, OH

#2 Feb 2, 2008
IU Fan wrote:
Now that he is showing his true colors, I wish he would have gone to Illinois afterall. THere is no way he is a 1st round lottery NBA pick this year! He had better stay at IU at least another year to improve his overall game. Lets hope daddy Gordon realizes this also, and can be patient 1 more year to become a millionaires daddy
You are no IU fan saying things like "Wish he would have gone to Illinois". The kid is flat out talented. IU fan- your a loser and should go back to bed!
IU Fan

Brookville, OH

#3 Feb 2, 2008
Joe Platt wrote:
<quoted text>You are no IU fan saying things like "Wish he would have gone to Illinois". The kid is flat out talented. IU fan- your a loser and should go back to bed!
While he may be talented, he is not as talented as everyone thought. If he were then why is he scoring less in January and so far in February. Oh I know he is hurt with his wrist injury. And I do not believe that you know me to say that I am not an IU fan...GO PURDUE!!!!! LOL.....LMAO
IU Fan

Brookville, OH

#4 Feb 2, 2008
Joe Platt wrote:
<quoted text>You are no IU fan saying things like "Wish he would have gone to Illinois". The kid is flat out talented. IU fan- your a loser and should go back to bed!
Another follow up there "Little Joe" from Kokomo!!!!
While he may be talented, I stand by my statement that in no way is he a 1st round draft pick in the NBA draft this year....He is no where near as talented as Mik Conley from THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSTIY!!!!!!!!!! And like I said, it would benefit for him to stay at IU for another year and gain more experience b4 playing with the "BIG BOYS" besides after IU loses D.J. White this year, IU is going to really REEEEEEEEEEEK next year. So maybe EG could do the might Sampsonite a favor and return for his sophmore year. And like I said b4 "BIG DADDY EG: should tell his son that he is willing to put off becoming a millionaires daddy for another year!!!!!!STILL LMAO hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
ronb

Lexington, KY

#5 Feb 2, 2008
IU Fan wrote:
I agree with Joe. You are a sore loser and a Purdue or Illinois fan. No IU true fan would say what you said. These comments are filled with fake fans and you are one. EJ will be all right. He still leads the Big ten in scoring and DJ is now second in scoring and first in rebounding. IU'S problem at Wisconsin was everyone one on the team besides EJ and DJ shooting 5 for 27 (18%) and 1 for 14 (7%) from 3 land. The big ten leader in 3 point shooting,Bassett, was 0 for 5. If he hits his 50+ percentage and we are in the ball game. DJ played his heart out. The rest of the team needs to get
after it and IU will be OK.
IU fan you are an idiot

Louisville, KY

#6 Feb 2, 2008
Eric Gordon is not a first-round pick?
EG will go in the top 5 - guaranteed.
Conley, BTW, had a better cast of players around him at tOSU. Put him in the same position as Eric at IU with the same players EG has around him and you would see similar results - or worse!
hip42

Estero, FL

#7 Feb 2, 2008
One man with the ball, four standing and watching. That is IU's offense. Watch IU set a pick this year, it's pathetic. Not what IU fans are used to. He's a bad coach. Recruits well,but can't coach them once they are on the floor.
matt

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Feb 2, 2008
IU has the talent. They need a coach. Who is at the top of the Big Ten standings with half the talent. The Boilermakers! Why? Coaching! Sampson is too much like the latter day Bobby Knight. It is more about his salery, his exposure, his shoe contract, his press conference. Look at ME, look at ME. This is why IU or Texas Tech are going no where.
IU Fan

Brookville, OH

#9 Feb 2, 2008
hip42 wrote:
One man with the ball, four standing and watching. That is IU's offense. Watch IU set a pick this year, it's pathetic. Not what IU fans are used to. He's a bad coach. Recruits well,but can't coach them once they are on the floor.
AMEN!!! nough said on that!!!!!!!!!!
IU Fan

Brookville, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2008
IU fan you are an idiot wrote:
Eric Gordon is not a first-round pick?
EG will go in the top 5 - guaranteed.
Conley, BTW, had a better cast of players around him at tOSU. Put him in the same position as Eric at IU with the same players EG has around him and you would see similar results - or worse!
I wish we could meet in person and make awager on that. That would be one wager that I would almost bet the farm on. I think you must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed today. The only thing that he has going for him is his NBA range. and if you haven't noticed recently, his scoring average is going only one way.....DOWN, so if you would like to put your money where your keyboard is let me know.
Swan

Lexington, KY

#11 Feb 2, 2008
hip42 wrote:
Yes...horrible coach...3 losses in the first 20 games....terrible coach! We should have never gotten rid of Davis! Now, he was a great coach! You people are pathetic. And, yes, I know the schedule has been weak, but winning at Wisconsin is about as hard as winning at Assembly Hall. It just doesn't happen that often...Get your heads out of your backsides!
IU Fan

Brookville, OH

#12 Feb 2, 2008
matt wrote:
IU has the talent. They need a coach. Who is at the top of the Big Ten standings with half the talent. The Boilermakers! Why? Coaching! Sampson is too much like the latter day Bobby Knight. It is more about his salery, his exposure, his shoe contract, his press conference. Look at ME, look at ME. This is why IU or Texas Tech are going no where.
Matt, I agree with everything you said. However, I think you left one thing out......Sampson gets his cell phone paid by the university........hahaha
IU Fan

Brookville, OH

#13 Feb 2, 2008
ronb wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Joe. You are a sore loser and a Purdue or Illinois fan. No IU true fan would say what you said. These comments are filled with fake fans and you are one. EJ will be all right. He still leads the Big ten in scoring and DJ is now second in scoring and first in rebounding. IU'S problem at Wisconsin was everyone one on the team besides EJ and DJ shooting 5 for 27 (18%) and 1 for 14 (7%) from 3 land. The big ten leader in 3 point shooting,Bassett, was 0 for 5. If he hits his 50+ percentage and we are in the ball game. DJ played his heart out. The rest of the team needs to get
after it and IU will be OK.
Blah, blah, blah about the rest of the team...D.J. is playing his best basketball of his college career this season. I am not taking anything away from him. What I am saying is this......EJ or EG or as I like to refer to him as "THE SUPERSTAR" is not ready for the NBA. His scoring average is dropping percentage points every game since mid January when IU started playing temas with a winning percentage. They are in the toughest part of their schedule and it is starting to show in "THE SUPERSTARS" performance. I like the kid, like the way he plays, but he is not going to be a 1st rounder this year....sorry "DADDY SUPERSTAR" you are going to have to wait another year b4 you can quit your day job.....lol lmao...and hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha hahahaahahaha!!!
IU Fan

Brookville, OH

#14 Feb 2, 2008
Swan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...horrible coach...3 losses in the first 20 games....terrible coach! We should have never gotten rid of Davis! Now, he was a great coach! You people are pathetic. And, yes, I know the schedule has been weak, but winning at Wisconsin is about as hard as winning at Assembly Hall. It just doesn't happen that often...Get your heads out of your backsides!
Swan why don't you go dive off the deep end somewhere. If coach Sampsonite was such a terrific coach, then why can't he get his team to play like a team and not like 5 individuals out there playing like they are playing a pick up game. Why take a lower percentage shot on a fast break, I.E... Bassett on a fast break the other night when he took a 3 and missed, and had a man wide open for a lay-up...they are playing like individuals instead like a five man team.I think it is you who need to get his head out of your backside!!!!!
Jaytucky Patriot

Muncie, IN

#15 Feb 2, 2008
Man,you guys are harsh. I hate hate hate Indiana but Gordon is good. He's a blessed freshman right now. He will be a top pick if he chooses to leave.

The only thing I could do without is that "I just ate a lemon look" every time he has a foul called on him.
matt

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Feb 2, 2008
IU Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!!! nough said on that!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. This is not Gordon's fault. It is the coaches fault. Has Sampson sat him down and explained that shooting from 35 feet just because your open is not what we are looking for every time down court. It is obvious Eric thinks he is ready for the NBA and is just trying to prove it. That is the one thing I liked about Knight. If a guy took a bad shot he was usually yanked, screamed at, and sent to the end of the pines. With all the other talent on the team no hoosier should be forcing anything. Save the 35 footers for the buzzer.
matt

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 2, 2008
Food for thought. Steve Alford. One of IUs best three point shooters ever. Do you ever remember him taking a 3 more than maybe a few inched behind the line? NO....and we all know why......FEAR!
J Kerekes

Adrian, MI

#18 Feb 2, 2008
It appears that at times IU's spacing is poor. Ball handlers are moving the ball mostly with the dribble and movement without the ball seems to suffer. I hope Sampson will get EJ to move without the ball more and get more shots off screens. Yes, Gordon needs to get to the line more, however, take the dribble drive when available and don't force it as turn-overs usually result.
Randy

Evansville, IN

#19 Feb 2, 2008
The reason IU lost the game at Wisconsin was because Wisconsin's Coach flat out coached Sampson. The reason IU lost the game with UCONN was because UCONN's coach flat out coached Sampson. The talent is there. Just utilize the players correctly and they will win most games.
Reality Check

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Feb 2, 2008
Anyone else sick of Sampson?

Go look at last year's record. We finished the last 14 games at 7-7.

This year, w've played 20 games and have yet to beat one team that's going to be in the NCAA. Not one single team!

He gets outcoached everytime he turns around. His teams don't develop. His teams play worse as the seasons progress!

John Wooden said that it's harder to coach talent than it is guys are underdogs. It's hard to teach talented players to play unselfishly, and to play with heart and hustle. I see none of that in IU.

DJ and Gordon are going to All Big Ten First Team players, and yet Sampson has no idea how to use them. Dribble around, drive around, ignore your teammates, and jack up a bad contested shot.

How in the world can IU have no significant wins (against any top 50 RPI Teams) after 20 games, with two ALL Big Ten players????

How in the world can IU have no significant wins (against any top 50 RPI Teams) after 20 games, with two ALL Big Ten players????

Plus, Sampson is a repeated and convicted cheater. What more do you Sampson sycophants need to know?????

FIRE SAMPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They pull 19 kids and counting? 16 hr Sayso 5
Hillary finally admits she is Wealthy 18 hr The Great Wisdom 1
Good riddens Paula Cooper 19 hr The Great Wisdom 3
Air Force shooter was black Muslim convert Wed Call YBA Out 2
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff (Aug '14) Wed Darkstar 57
Mayor Ballard Honors Nasty Letterman Wed The Great Wisdom 10
News Let it Out (Oct '07) May 26 lilred2810 231
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE