Comments
81 - 100 of 134 Comments Last updated Nov 21, 2012
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#88 Nov 14, 2012
I don't really know if I'd want Indiana Homeland trying to figure out why my house blew up.
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#89 Nov 14, 2012
Mcveigh blew half the bldg with a truckload. This was a subdivision with 30 plus homes having damage and they are checking appliances as the cause?
john Carrier

Columbia City, IN

#90 Nov 14, 2012
nuffsaid wrote:
<quoted text>
A thermostat is a pretty easy install, with minimum low-voltage knowledge required. Even the most ratty, ill-functioning thermostat will not cause a gas explosion. It's only job is to call for heat or cool.
A thermostat can be the detonator.
I would think he installed a new digital one.
The older ones have open contacts that could ignite a spark.

So if it isn't the stat, who knows, the boyfriend probably not an experienced guy but wanting to impress the new lady, wanted to look like mr handy dandy man.
When the problem probably wasn't in the stat.
If they had flame roll out from bad combustion a mispositioned pilot or ignitor, its possible the low voltage wires to the gas valve could've melted and burnt.
I've seen flame rollout over time burn all the wiring up in the front of furnace, especially if the homeowner doesn't call and lets it continue until the furnace no longer works.

So its possible if this type of furnace had a flame sensor it could've make contact like it was seeing a flame when it actually had melted wires completing the circuit, allowing the gas valve to go fully open.
I worked on a furnace once where a dumbshit jumpered the wires on a pilotstat. It was cold and the furnace called for heat opening the valve because this device was jumpered.
Nothing will make you piss yourself worse then walking into a building after smelling gas and hearing the gas valve blowing what sounds like compressed air into the space.
Lp to me is the worst.
haha

Indianapolis, IN

#91 Nov 14, 2012
john Carrier wrote:
<quoted text>A thermostat can be the detonator.
I would think he installed a new digital one.
The older ones have open contacts that could ignite a spark.

So if it isn't the stat, who knows, the boyfriend probably not an experienced guy but wanting to impress the new lady, wanted to look like mr handy dandy man.
When the problem probably wasn't in the stat.
If they had flame roll out from bad combustion a mispositioned pilot or ignitor, its possible the low voltage wires to the gas valve could've melted and burnt.
I've seen flame rollout over time burn all the wiring up in the front of furnace, especially if the homeowner doesn't call and lets it continue until the furnace no longer works.

So its possible if this type of furnace had a flame sensor it could've make contact like it was seeing a flame when it actually had melted wires completing the circuit, allowing the gas valve to go fully open.
I worked on a furnace once where a dumbshit jumpered the wires on a pilotstat. It was cold and the furnace called for heat opening the valve because this device was jumpered.
Nothing will make you piss yourself worse then walking into a building after smelling gas and hearing the gas valve blowing what sounds like compressed air into the space.
Lp to me is the worst.
Some of the furnace flunkies buying their vocational degrees could do a lot of damage it sounds like.

Check those references carefully boys and girls.
john Carrier

Columbia City, IN

#92 Nov 14, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the furnace flunkies buying their vocational degrees could do a lot of damage it sounds like.
Check those references carefully boys and girls.
You'd be amazed at what I've come across.

Whats sad is the AC or furnaces I come across, that had just a bad component or something as simple as a loose wire, and the person before me trying to sell the homeowner a new $6-12,000 dollar system.

The same reason why you see on the news every year these furnace AC scam bust.
Sam I Am

Indianapolis, IN

#93 Nov 15, 2012
john Carrier wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be amazed at what I've come across.
Whats sad is the AC or furnaces I come across, that had just a bad component or something as simple as a loose wire, and the person before me trying to sell the homeowner a new $6-12,000 dollar system.
The same reason why you see on the news every year these furnace AC scam bust.
Oh yeah. I remember my little encounter with this scam. It was tax return season. After a technician briefly examined my furnace, he said I had a very, very serious problem and his boss would come and talk to me. The boss told me my heat exchanger was cracked and I needed a new furnace.
I called in a second company and they replaced the circuit board and I was back in business. I bought a carbon monoxide tester just to make sure, but have never gotten an alert from it.
Maverick

Indianapolis, IN

#94 Nov 15, 2012
Hmmmmmmm, a criminal investigation has begun.
Linda Bedsore

Indianapolis, IN

#95 Nov 15, 2012
Is the woman or her boyfriend Black?

Did their scam damage the whole neighborhood?

Hope the ATF is investigating the bomb.
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#96 Nov 15, 2012
Looking for the cause or more like gathering evidence. Where is the boyfriend that installed the thermostat? Seen everyone but him on tv.
unknown

Brooklyn, NY

#97 Nov 15, 2012
jle76 wrote:
Looking for the cause or more like gathering evidence. Where is the boyfriend that installed the thermostat? Seen everyone but him on tv.
They just showed a pic of them both together in an office at the fox59 news station. It's on FB. And why would it matter if they were black or white or brown?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#98 Nov 15, 2012
I just get a lot of my news from the net. seems to me we dont get the truth from the tv or radio, or the yahoo news, so I go to yahoo and search words, like if you searched (kosmos 2479 and Indiana) in a search you would..... crap your pants..... kosmos 2479 is a early warning inferred sattelite missle detection system. but hey I dont know just get my news from this computer...
Linda Bedsore

Indianapolis, IN

#99 Nov 15, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
They just showed a pic of them both together in an office at the fox59 news station. It's on FB. And why would it matter if they were black or white or brown?
Well, are they BlacK?

If they are Black, it more likely he was incompetent or they were running an insurance fraud.

Especially if they are gambling addicts!!!
unknown

Brooklyn, NY

#100 Nov 15, 2012
Linda Bedsore wrote:
<quoted text>Well, are they BlacK?

If they are Black, it more likely he was incompetent or they were running an insurance fraud.

Especially if they are gambling addicts!!!
I doubt race has anything to do with incompetency... But let's not turn this into a race issue. But so you know, they are both white. He has a wrap sheet that would make Weezy look like a Kennedy.
Linda Bedsore

Matthews, IN

#101 Nov 15, 2012
White people do not commit crimes,they fight them.

I've been inconsolable since Romney lost. He was our last hope. I've been lying in a fetal position in the corner of my parent's basement violently and vigorously stroking my curtains using only my tears as lube.
Psycho Phil

Indianapolis, IN

#102 Nov 15, 2012
Linda Bedsore wrote:
White people do not commit crimes,they fight them.
I've been inconsolable since Romney lost. He was our last hope. I've been lying in a fetal position in the corner of my parent's basement violently and vigorously stroking my curtains using only my tears as lube.
Do your curtains have a landing strip where they meet?
Becky

Terre Haute, IN

#103 Nov 15, 2012
Concernedcitizen wrote:
People are saying they felt this explosion 20 miles away. Yeah. Right. Your imagination.
Earthquake sensors monitored by the US Geological Survey located 30 miles away picked up the explosion.
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#104 Nov 15, 2012
Felt in Greenwood. Amazed it was as far away as it was.
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#105 Nov 15, 2012
WTF. Who cares what color he is? The Unibomber was white. McVeigh and his posse were white. It's not a race issue.
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#106 Nov 15, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt race has anything to do with incompetency... But let's not turn this into a race issue. But so you know, they are both white. He has a wrap sheet that would make Weezy look like a Kennedy.
Amen. Just google his name.
Linda Bedsore

Indianapolis, IN

#107 Nov 15, 2012
If they are not Black in Skin and Heart, they are surely Black in Heart.

They like gambling.

They like dice.

They like sex.

They like ripple.

They are lazy.

They are cheap.

They abandoned the kids.

Typical Black hearts trying to scam the insurance to get more money to party on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Craig the bully 10 min agent 86 4
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 1 hr Georgie 253
Karen Dehut 3 hr abcdefghijkl 4
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) 5 hr jeppy 106
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff 7 hr Current Employee 8
What are your expectations for Funeral Director's 7 hr Cory Trevor 6
Search intensifies for missing Indianapolis baby 7 hr James 6
•••
•••
Indianapolis Dating