Indianapolis plans to move city fleet to electric, hybrid

There are 3 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 12, 2012, titled Indianapolis plans to move city fleet to electric, hybrid. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

INDIANAPOLIS A city spokesman says Indianapolis plans to replace its entire fleet with electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles by 2025.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#1 Dec 12, 2012
Oh delite-full. How green and earth saving. I am sure no evil coal will be used to recharge them.
Moe

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Ralph wrote:
Oh delite-full. How green and earth saving. I am sure no evil coal will be used to recharge them.
They are going to use GOP BS to make methane to charge them.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Dec 12, 2012
A well maintained traditional gasoline engine can be expected to run reliably for over 150,000 miles. While the fact that electric vehicles can get from point A to B without using gasoline is a good thing, they are more expensive and we don't know how long they will last. If the vehicles need to be replaced a few years earlier than a comparable gas model would then that will cut into the expected savings.

I haven't heard of any company in the private sector switching to an all electric fleet. I suspect that the mayor would think twice about making such a drastic move if he was risking his own money rather than public funds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Closing of the Marion County Children's Guardia... (Apr '09) 4 hr Candy 22
Greg Garrison, WIBC celebrity, alleged assailan... 5 hr Ditchsurfer 4
News Northwest HS fight prompts concern, questions 5 hr Ditchsurfer 1
Gary Beeler 12 hr truth be told 2
News Tonight at 11: Cuba Rediscovered Tue Whiny larry 1
Obama send congrats to Mayweather May 4 The Great Kaptoz 1
See, Indiana still consider a very racist state... (Nov '07) May 3 pearlofagirl 971
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) Apr 20 really 127
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]