people that dont tip
Linda Bledsoe

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Sep 11, 2012
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
You have made multiple statements on this forum which suggest to me that you would be less than personable when dealing with black people in person. It's entirely possible that your personal opinion of blacks makes you a poor choice when it comes to serving black customers, and they tip you poorly as a result of receiving poor service. Therefore to suggest that blacks tip poorly because you say so is a racist statement. It would make a whole lot more sense to say that Linda received poor tips because Linda is a lousy waitress.
You can't base this on your misguided opinions. Well, I guess you can, but you'd be wrong. You don't even understand what the term racism means, yet you try to apply it to people you don't know. There are so many errors in your methods that I don't know where to start. You seem to be a very reactive personality, so obviously you believe certain things that aren't based in fact or reality. You feed off emotion rather than logic. For that reason, you aren't qualified to draw conclusions on matters regarding black people because you refuse to first process the facts. Youngsters like you always think they have solid motives, but you fail to account for reality.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#22 Sep 11, 2012
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
You have made multiple statements on this forum which suggest to me that you would be less than personable when dealing with black people in person. It's entirely possible that your personal opinion of blacks makes you a poor choice when it comes to serving black customers, and they tip you poorly as a result of receiving poor service. Therefore to suggest that blacks tip poorly because you say so is a racist statement. It would make a whole lot more sense to say that Linda received poor tips because Linda is a lousy waitress.
LB states her points by stating what everybody with any common sense and experience knows for fact.
You attempt to state your emotionally charged points by pulling your head out of the sand once in a while, and puking up the drivel that you perceive to be reality.
What you keep failing to realize is that your comments actually are a source of daily humor to those that have actually lived what you pretend to know about.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Sep 11, 2012
Sown Oats wrote:
You attempt to state your emotionally charged points by pulling your head out of the sand once in a while, and puking up the drivel that you perceive to be reality.
This is reality as I know it. There are some blacks who do not tip. There are some whites who do not tip. There are some blacks who tip very well. There are some whites who tip very well. Taking ones limited personal experience and using that to make a derogatory statement about an entire race of people falls under the textbook definition of racism.

Before speaking on what you have experienced as fact please disclose how many black people do you personally know who refuse to tip? If it's a big number then you have been hanging out with the wrong type of people. It's much more likely that you heard someone else say that blacks don't tip so now you claim that statement as fact.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#24 Sep 11, 2012
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
This is reality as I know it. There are some blacks who do not tip. There are some whites who do not tip. There are some blacks who tip very well. There are some whites who tip very well. Taking ones limited personal experience and using that to make a derogatory statement about an entire race of people falls under the textbook definition of racism.
Before speaking on what you have experienced as fact please disclose how many black people do you personally know who refuse to tip? If it's a big number then you have been hanging out with the wrong type of people. It's much more likely that you heard someone else say that blacks don't tip so now you claim that statement as fact.
I don't hang with black people. And before you call me 'racist', think about how many black people don't 'hang' with whites. It's a personal preference. Welcome to America.
Now, as far as I 'heard' it somewhere........You obviously didn't retain the information contained in my original posts on this matter. I had an impeccable source, who also related their co-workers' experiences.
Linda Bledsoe

Cincinnati, OH

#25 Sep 11, 2012
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
This is reality as I know it. There are some blacks who do not tip. There are some whites who do not tip. There are some blacks who tip very well. There are some whites who tip very well. Taking ones limited personal experience and using that to make a derogatory statement about an entire race of people falls under the textbook definition of racism.
Before speaking on what you have experienced as fact please disclose how many black people do you personally know who refuse to tip? If it's a big number then you have been hanging out with the wrong type of people. It's much more likely that you heard someone else say that blacks don't tip so now you claim that statement as fact.
You are trying too hard to link this discussion into something it's not. Again, facts are not racist. Say it with us so you understand...FACTS ARE NOT RACIST.

Blacks tip less than whites. That isn't racist, it is reality. Are there blacks who tip well? Absolutely. Are there whites who don't tip? You bet. However, you much have heard of statistical probability. Odds are your black family will tip less than your white family, all other things equal. When you grow up and experience reality, you might change your flawed views. In 5-10 years when you become an adult, come revisit these forums and see how silly you sound.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Sep 11, 2012
Sown Oats wrote:
I don't hang with black people. And before you call me 'racist', think about how many black people don't 'hang' with whites. It's a personal preference. Welcome to America.
Now, as far as I 'heard' it somewhere........You obviously didn't retain the information contained in my original posts on this matter. I had an impeccable source, who also related their co-workers' experiences.
So you don't personally know any of these black people who don't tip. An 'impeccable source' told you that most of the blacks who came into their establishment didn't tip and that's enough for you to draw the conclusion that most blacks don't tip.

If someone gets assaulted by a white man and they take that to mean that most white people are violent predators then the opinion is both racist and ignorant.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#27 Sep 11, 2012
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't personally know any of these black people who don't tip. An 'impeccable source' told you that most of the blacks who came into their establishment didn't tip and that's enough for you to draw the conclusion that most blacks don't tip.
If someone gets assaulted by a white man and they take that to mean that most white people are violent predators then the opinion is both racist and ignorant.
The last sentence in your rant is irrelevant and inanely used by you as a side-by-side comparison to the tipping discussion here.
Crime stats back up the fact that most violent crime is committed by ne-groes, in relevance to their proportion of population in the US.
Non-tipping, and abuse of waiters/waitresses by ne-groes, is a known fact by those in the industry.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#28 Sep 11, 2012
Did you ever consider that some people can not afford to tip after saving up enough to have a night out? Maybe they have kids. Maybe they are having a night out without them. If you aiming your insults at this type of people, you need more then a tip.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Sep 11, 2012
Well if there was any question about there being racist undertones about what Sown Oats has to say then simply reading the prior post will remove all doubt.
Linda Bledsoe

Cincinnati, OH

#31 Sep 11, 2012
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone gets assaulted by a white man and they take that to mean that most white people are violent predators then the opinion is both racist and ignorant.
We are not talking about isolated incidents so your example is wrong.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#32 Sep 11, 2012
DavidM wrote:
Did you ever consider that some people can not afford to tip after saving up enough to have a night out? Maybe they have kids. Maybe they are having a night out without them. If you aiming your insults at this type of people, you need more then a tip.
Not discussing/insulting the people that have financial troubles, where a tip would actually put bread and milk on the table for their children. They deserve a night out too, if they feel itís in their budget to do so.
The exception being if they squander money on crap such as scratch-offs, excessive nail & pedicure salons, you-name-it; and then expect the waiter or waitress, who make a ridiculous base pay, to jump through hoops in order to enjoy some sort of power trip...and then not to tip.
Topic here being the comparison of behavior concerning black/white tippers.
Nothing says it better than when the Bentley pulls up, out steps a black couple dressed to the 9's, and after the meal the 'man' leaves the lady to take care of the bill, and of course no tip.
workingfortipssu xunlessul

Sioux City, IA

#33 Sep 22, 2012
i work for tips. different than these posts. i work valet. i spend all of 20 seconds on average with every guest. which speaks to the die hard "i was treated bad black cop out".we have done an experiment regarding this matter. on average, a white guest tips $1.98, an asian tips $2.08, an africant-americant tips a whopping $.48 cents. this is a very sad average for blacks considering one black would tip everyone $20 when he came. if he didnt, it was $.29 cents. please rebut this
workingfortipssu xunlessul

Sioux City, IA

#34 Sep 22, 2012
and if "u save up", u shouldnt take extra services if u cant afford to pay them. but, as my experiences has gone, blacks love anything free, and they damn will make it known...sad race
workingfortipssu xunlessul

Sioux City, IA

#35 Sep 22, 2012
final comment. i googled white racism, then blacks dont tip...imagine what had more hits...sad people
iknow

Indianapolis, IN

#36 Sep 22, 2012
I know a guy that NEVER tips. White. And then when he went out with me he has the NERVE to ask me how much I tipped! After a $120 meal!!!

Color doesn't matter. Either you are a complete scumbag or you aren't.

On the way home he asked me to buy him a pack of cigarettes. Lol! I kicked him out.

Buy your own smokes you nasty douchebag.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#37 Sep 23, 2012
First of all anyone who would spend $120 on one meal needs to go to the ER. Second if I spent $120 on a meal, why tip?
iknow wrote:
I know a guy that NEVER tips. White. And then when he went out with me he has the NERVE to ask me how much I tipped! After a $120 meal!!!
Color doesn't matter. Either you are a complete scumbag or you aren't.
On the way home he asked me to buy him a pack of cigarettes. Lol! I kicked him out.
Buy your own smokes you nasty douchebag.
Tacos

Indianapolis, IN

#38 Sep 23, 2012
DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>First of all anyone who would spend $120 on one meal needs to go to the ER. Second if I spent $120 on a meal, why tip?
I forgot Taco Bell doesn't take tips.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#39 Sep 24, 2012
Neither does McDonald's or Wendy's
Tacos wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot Taco Bell doesn't take tips.
ThomasT

Indianapolis, IN

#40 Sep 24, 2012
A lot of people don't tip. Europeans, Arabs, Mexicans, all foreigners. Tipping is not required. Young people are less likely to tip. If youre angry by not being tipped find another job
good

Indianapolis, IN

#41 Sep 24, 2012
DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>Neither does McDonald's or Wendy's
You should be fine then. Your arteries are another story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Too much rain possible over the next several days 3 hr carlislesbend 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 8 hr psychosis abounds 180
Marcie bad mom!! Ms Manuel (Jul '15) 8 hr Indyhood 5
There is no Prostitution in Indiana 13 hr selto6 7
News How Indiana lawmakers are winning the fight to ... Mon TrumpedLefties 4
Muellerbueller Mon TrumpedLefties 3
News Middletown police officer arrested on child por... (Aug '06) Sun Not Illiterate 48

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages