Obama gives congress huge Pay Raise and all his federal workers

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Fishers, IN

#1 Dec 31, 2012
yes in the heap of all this fiscal cliff talks, Obama says oh well My Govt people and congress going to get their fat cat pay increase. Obama had a freeze on pay for two years, Now they get a huge xmas present while the rest of the workers in America get laid off and fired and left jobless wiht out any pay. Obama and his family take a nice vacation in HAWAII at the cost of 6 million bucks to the tax payers.Are you still loving this Hope and Change angry black people and Hispanics and now Asians who voted for Obama in large numbers?While you wonder after the fiscal cliff dive if you will even get another paycheck . Obama made sure his big Govt employees and congress got a nice huge pay increase.I guess the rest get coal from Obama in their stockings, The big Govt employee's get gold in their stockings and diamonds and furs.This the very same Obama 4 years ago who said we need to tighten out belt straps and purse strings and stop living beyond our means.Now Obama says by being on food stamps and welfare that's the means you should adore foever, You eat spam while Obama eats caviar and steaks.I forgot in Hawaii spam is a delicacy lol.
LGR

San Francisco, CA

#2 Dec 31, 2012
I don't like the pay increase in light of the fiscal cliff, however, your post is NOT accurate. The increase is .5 % - NOT huge by anyone's standards.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Fishers, IN

#3 Dec 31, 2012
LGR are you a Govt worker? I figured that much lol.Let's see so when Obama union thugs go on strike just over wanting a 3% pay hike in wages, Is that asking too much also lol.Wait some teachers wanted a 33% pay hike.LGR you leave out the fact all the taxes and freebies those congress people have already, Most are millionaires and a few billionaires , Logically tell me why any of them receive one paycheck ?You have people being laid off and fired and their jobs shipped overseas or up to Canada or down to Mexico. Yet Obama's congress gets a pay raise and as many vacations as they please all year long and extended breaks.
Claudia

Lorton, VA

#4 Dec 31, 2012
Even though this is a small increase, we cannot allow this to happen because it is essentially reinforcing Congress' unacceptable behavior. Let's show Congress that the we do not approve their unwillingness to put the American people's interests ahead of their party's interests. We're tired of Congress' lack of accountability and irresponsibility. Click to take action, then share widely!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Ask_Presiden...
Atlas Shrugged

Grand Junction, CO

#5 Dec 31, 2012
When will the American people WAKE UP!!!
It's all a sham. Tax breaks for large corporations to ship our jobs overseas. Dumbing down of our children continues. Violence escalates as frustrated people take rage out on the innocent while the crooks in Govt take more and more of our money and that of lobbiests all the while having FUN at our expense in everything. Social Security recepients get screwed while our Govt hands out trillions in Foreign aid to other governments who hate us. And on and on. Of course the mainstream media creates our "fake" reality that "all is well."
Watch Oliver Stone's "The Untold History of the United States". It will make you angry, disgusted and sad.
Carl

Avon, IN

#6 Dec 31, 2012
LGR wrote:
I don't like the pay increase in light of the fiscal cliff, however, your post is NOT accurate. The increase is .5 %- NOT huge by anyone's standards.
I have not read any of his/her Kaputzs posts very accurate. Not one.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#7 Dec 31, 2012
I notice how they raised H Reid from 208,000/yr to 232,000/yr. Just shy of the $250,000/yr cut off point for higher taxes. It figures a politician grants himself enough of a tax raise without reaching that magic taxable number that will place him in a high enough tax bracket to suffer alongside those that are $1 over the amount. Typical hypocrites.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Dec 31, 2012
Russia1513 wrote:
I notice how they raised H Reid from 208,000/yr to 232,000/yr. Just shy of the $250,000/yr cut off point for higher taxes. It figures a politician grants himself enough of a tax raise without reaching that magic taxable number that will place him in a high enough tax bracket to suffer alongside those that are $1 over the amount. Typical hypocrites.
You have to be related to Kaputz. Thanks for the laugh. Keep posting though. At least repugs are good for something.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

and not from Russia

#9 Dec 31, 2012
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be related to Kaputz. Thanks for the laugh. Keep posting though. At least repugs are good for something.
What, I'm lying? Yea, ok....

President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he'll now make $231,900 per year.

Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

"A new executive order has been issued providing for a new pay schedule beginning 'on the first day of the first applicable pay period beginning after March 27, 2013,'" reports FedSmith.com . "The pay raise will generally be about 1/2 of 1%."

Proof: He's going from 225k to 231. But we're just liars. Gotcha.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-ord...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files...
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Dec 31, 2012
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
What, I'm lying? Yea, ok....
President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.
According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he'll now make $231,900 per year.
Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.
"A new executive order has been issued providing for a new pay schedule beginning 'on the first day of the first applicable pay period beginning after March 27, 2013,'" reports FedSmith.com . "The pay raise will generally be about 1/2 of 1%."
Proof: He's going from 225k to 231. But we're just liars. Gotcha.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-ord...
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files...
Yes you are lying that is what repugs do best lie and twist the facts. What were the caps on tax increases start at again in your previous post you were whining about? Not complaining about the pay increase just what you stated about being right under your proposed tax cap 250k?????? That is along ways from the 400k and 450k that is being proposed by Boner and the repugs. Yes Russia you are lying. Thanks for the laugh comrad. LOL!

“NOT RUSSIAN”

and not from Russia

#11 Jan 1, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you are lying that is what repugs do best lie and twist the facts. What were the caps on tax increases start at again in your previous post you were whining about? Not complaining about the pay increase just what you stated about being right under your proposed tax cap 250k?????? That is along ways from the 400k and 450k that is being proposed by Boner and the repugs. Yes Russia you are lying. Thanks for the laugh comrad. LOL!
We will definitely see, won't we? Fact is, no matter what side of the aisle holds power, the govt is too big, and this is just more proof. Why are they stopping there? fact is those that are taxed at that rate will pass that cost to me and you, and we will pay their taxes via higher costing everything, so it's NOT just a tax on the rich. Thats where you useful dummies get blindsided and how you don't see how you're being used. The govt needs to get the fuck out of everyones pockets.

Also, please show where I was "whining"
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jan 1, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
We will definitely see, won't we? Fact is, no matter what side of the aisle holds power, the govt is too big, and this is just more proof. Why are they stopping there? fact is those that are taxed at that rate will pass that cost to me and you, and we will pay their taxes via higher costing everything, so it's NOT just a tax on the rich. Thats where you useful dummies get blindsided and how you don't see how you're being used. The govt needs to get the fuck out of everyones pockets.
Also, please show where I was "whining"
I did. How much was that cap again you were whining, crying and lying about again preppy?

“NOT RUSSIAN”

and not from Russia

#14 Jan 1, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text> I did. How much was that cap again you were whining, crying and lying about again preppy?
I'm a preppy? That's a first, and consider it a compliment, even coming from you. Seems you might be being a little INTOLERANT there. If you're gonna be a progressive liberal, at least conduct yourself as such. Don't cherry pick Dem dogmas to suit your infantile need to feel superior. And you still haven't pointed out the whine. The cap is 250,000/yr. So a couple filing jointly married who can't minimize their combined income, after taking allowable deductions, any lower than $265k/yr get screwed, too, right? Thats fair? How? Why bother going to school or trying to thrive only to get thrown under the bus for succeeding? It makes me happy I'll never earn that much in 10 years. That couples'(and those like them) disposable income is what keeps me and those like me employed. And yes I pay taxes; I paid in $3800 last yr and got back $600 - thats paying, not taking).

A plan like this has as much potential to ruin the economy just as bad as any other.

But just to shut you up now, I'm gonna say --- YOU WIN.
reality

Fishers, IN

#15 Jan 1, 2013
pay raise got pulled and threshold increased to $450k

there, you paranoid crybaby chicken little whinybutts
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#16 Jan 1, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a preppy? That's a first, and consider it a compliment, even coming from you. Seems you might be being a little INTOLERANT there. If you're gonna be a progressive liberal, at least conduct yourself as such. Don't cherry pick Dem dogmas to suit your infantile need to feel superior. And you still haven't pointed out the whine. The cap is 250,000/yr. So a couple filing jointly married who can't minimize their combined income, after taking allowable deductions, any lower than $265k/yr get screwed, too, right? Thats fair? How? Why bother going to school or trying to thrive only to get thrown under the bus for succeeding? It makes me happy I'll never earn that much in 10 years. That couples'(and those like them) disposable income is what keeps me and those like me employed. And yes I pay taxes; I paid in $3800 last yr and got back $600 - thats paying, not taking).
A plan like this has as much potential to ruin the economy just as bad as any other.
Excellent responce. Unfortunately when dealing with some people tolerance only applys to their line of thought.
I talked to my eye Dr. yesterday about Obamacare and what implication it had on his pay. He stated that the rate that dr'swill be reimbursed was established in the 1990's. It was based on how the economy is doing. Bad economy, poor rate of return, good economy good rate of return. Currently he stated that if he is reinbursed in the bad economy factor, he will be in the red financially. He was thankfull to be grey haired, he will close down and retire.
He also stated that what would motivate people to go to college to become a Dr. The debt load for the schooling can not be repaid by income. That probably will lead to an influx of Dr's educated overseas, leading to a lesser quality of care.
My wife was in the hospital last year. She is on insulin. Her blood sugars in the hospital were around 71. The Hospitalist, Dr Jamitupyourbuttra, recomended increasing her insulin while going home. WTHeck. The nurse disagreed silently, and we flat out asked her if that made sence. She admitted it did not, and we should talk to our personal physican.
The problem being, people take what a Dr telling them as always being correct, they are human. It is wise always to get a second, or third opinion as needed. Oh and I voted you as agreement, helpfull, and brillant, let's see how long that lasts.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jan 1, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know I won. The cap is not 250k. But nice try at it. Thanks again comrad preppy for the laugh and lies.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 1, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Oh and I voted you as agreement, helpfull, and brillant, let's see how long that lasts.
She/he don,t need you telling er lies to. Thanks for the laughs farmer wannabe.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

and not from Russia

#19 Jan 1, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I know I won. The cap is not 250k. But nice try at it. Thanks again comrad preppy for the laugh and lies.
I was not lying (or even wrong) 72 or so hours ago. I was under the impression the Republicans had no concrete counter-demand (one I think was a littlr fairer, now that I do know of it). Forgive me if I don't hang on every hour news (spin) cycle. I was unaware of the Rebublicsn request for a higher cap.

So in fact I am not lying at all.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jan 1, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not lying (or even wrong) 72 or so hours ago. I was under the impression the Republicans had no concrete counter-demand (one I think was a littlr fairer, now that I do know of it). Forgive me if I don't hang on every hour news (spin) cycle. I was unaware of the Rebublicsn request for a higher cap.
So in fact I am not lying at all.
It went up to 400k and 450k a few weeks ago. Not an hr ago. Nice try comrad preppy. Keep posting. Your funny.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#21 Jan 1, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text> She/he don,t need you telling er lies to. Thanks for the laughs farmer wannabe.
The stories I tell are true, from life experience. Sometimes I change the name of the key players to Mo, or Jamitupyourbuttra, to protect the innocent. No political commentary, just fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They pull 19 kids and counting? 4 hr Sayso 5
Hillary finally admits she is Wealthy 6 hr The Great Wisdom 1
Good riddens Paula Cooper 7 hr The Great Wisdom 3
Air Force shooter was black Muslim convert 22 hr Call YBA Out 2
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff (Aug '14) Wed Darkstar 57
Mayor Ballard Honors Nasty Letterman Wed The Great Wisdom 10
News Let it Out (Oct '07) Tue lilred2810 231
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE