Police identify woman found dead

Police identify woman found dead

There are 71 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 27, 2007, titled Police identify woman found dead. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Police late Thursday identified the woman whose nude body was found earlier in the day under a Downtown Indianapolis overpass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Tony Saprano

Huntsville, AL

#21 Dec 28, 2007
Lady you are sick!!!
mykidzmom wrote:
Wouldn't have been identified so quickly if it hadn't been for those tatts.
White Victim

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Dec 28, 2007
Shameful!!!!!
deb in indy

United States

#23 Dec 28, 2007
which GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes God thought she suffered enough so He had her body dumped on the side of the road like a bag of Trash. O blessed and wonderful is our Lord... lmfao, im sure He could have came up with a more pleasant way for her to die.
If you want to bring God into this your blaming the wrong person.. What does the bible say happened in heaven,, Angels rebelled and were cast down to rule the Earth!! That is what we have always been suffering the effect of!! Furthermore, I might add that we as humans have 'free will' to descide between good and evil!!!

Since: Mar 07

Evansville, IN

#24 Dec 28, 2007
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
My, what an inhumane a$$. The article does not een say abything about tattoos.
While I am not a supporter of tattoos, this just sounds how stupid and judgemental you are as a person.
Read yesterday's story, the tatts were described.
Resident

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Dec 28, 2007
I'm sure this is exactly what the Indy Star had in mind when they gave the community an opportunity to talk back. One person close to the family makes a statement about the family and gets verbally bashed, another person makes a general factual statement, and the subject turns to being judgemental, ironically the people lasing out on here are being judgemental as well.

Wake up, the fact is a lady lost her life and we should be concerned about this, not calling each other names or pointing out each others flaws.

Beyond the negative comments are people that are concerned for the family members and friends that lost a loved one. As a resident that lives 1 block from where this took place, I'm concerned. I'm concerned for my friends and loved ones that live near in the downtown area near me as well. I hope this person is found soon so people can rest a bit easier.

I'm sure you will find flaws in what I just said as well, it's ok.

P.S. I'm sure the person that killed her isn't reading the posts as well.
Orlons

United States

#26 Dec 28, 2007
INDYGIRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Jilly; Downtown is also called the "Mile Square" which is South Street to North Street and East Street to West Street.
"East Street, West Street, North Avenue, but South Street's the best street, and I'm going there with you...Oh baby, meet me at South Street..."
Delaney

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Dec 28, 2007
Why is it that God is praised when things go right, then betrayed when things go wrong?
What does any of this have to do with God in the first place? Being Christian does not prevent being the murderer or "murderee." Remember Mary Winkler, Jim Jones, David Koresh? And yes, they believed they were blessed by the holy spirit. They weren't any more or less Christian than any other person out there. EVERYONE has the potential to kill or be killed.(Tatts or not).
This is an issue about crime.
This is an issue about death.
This is an issue about grieving family and friends.
And this is an issue about safety.
White Victim

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Dec 28, 2007
You could be the next victim.
peoples

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Dec 28, 2007
What a life she lived

Since: Jan 07

Indy

#31 Dec 28, 2007
The only thing that i have to say is that May she Rest In Peace!!!!!!!!!!
anonymous

Indianapolis, IN

#32 Dec 28, 2007
This is a false DOC report. peoples is a fraud. He posted DOC number 156830 which belongs to a Hispanic male named Giovanne Chavez born in 1967.

Search on DOC# 156830:
http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/

Debra Furnish had no record. Thank you for playing. Please try again.
Mary

Kansas City, MO

#33 Dec 28, 2007
which GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes God thought she suffered enough so He had her body dumped on the side of the road like a bag of Trash. O blessed and wonderful is our Lord... lmfao, im sure He could have came up with a more pleasant way for her to die.
Your blaming GOD??? God has NOTHING to do with this, it's all man and his refusal to be obedient to God that caused all this! God turns his back on sinners and will not listen to them. Maybe, just maybe, if we turn back to God and are obedient to HIS will, He will hear our prayers and help us, all of us, as we journey thru this life. I pray for this woman, her family and yes, even the person who killed her. I'll even say a prayer for you, whether you want me to or not, how's that?
Bill

Indianapolis, IN

#34 Dec 28, 2007
Tony Saprano wrote:
Lady you are sick!!!
<quoted text>
The news posted pictures yesterday of the tattoos as a means of trying to identify this woman as she had no other identification with her and police said then they had no leads or idea how or why this happened. So the post was accurate in saying if it were not for the identification marks it might have been longer before she was id'd. The poster was not being mean, just stating an accurate fact.
Please read carefully before posting a comment that is void of any meaningful relivance.
Thank you
Hoosier Girl

Elk Grove Village, IL

#35 Dec 28, 2007
Resident wrote:
I'm sure this is exactly what the Indy Star had in mind when they gave the community an opportunity to talk back. One person close to the family makes a statement about the family and gets verbally bashed, another person makes a general factual statement, and the subject turns to being judgemental, ironically the people lasing out on here are being judgemental as well.
Wake up, the fact is a lady lost her life and we should be concerned about this, not calling each other names or pointing out each others flaws.
Beyond the negative comments are people that are concerned for the family members and friends that lost a loved one. As a resident that lives 1 block from where this took place, I'm concerned. I'm concerned for my friends and loved ones that live near in the downtown area near me as well. I hope this person is found soon so people can rest a bit easier.
I'm sure you will find flaws in what I just said as well, it's ok.
P.S. I'm sure the person that killed her isn't reading the posts as well.
Good post!
maude

Indianapolis, IN

#36 Dec 28, 2007
mykidzmom wrote:
Wouldn't have been identified so quickly if it hadn't been for those tatts.
This is absolutely true! Tattoos are easily used to identify people. If someone is decomposed, pouring hydrogen peroxide will bring out the tattoo making identification possible.

Everyone please remember that the Marion Co. Coroner's Office is terribly understaffed with competent professionals. Had this woman not had tattoos or fingerprints on file, she would likely remain listed as a Jane Doe for months on end.

And to the family member, we're not being judgmental about the tattoos so stop being so overly sensitive.
dolly

United States

#37 Dec 28, 2007
If the tats did ID this lady that lost her life. Great! Obviously she had no fingerprints on record! And that police record comment #29 left is not hers I did check. And even if it was hers I see no reason for her being killed and displayed the way she was. Shame for putting up a police record in the first place as if it is up to you to air dirty laundry. Again not even her record!
Downtowner

Indianapolis, IN

#38 Dec 28, 2007
It all depends where you live. For most of my friends in Fishers and Carmel "downtown" is pretty much anything south of Broadripple and north of Greenwood. For me, who lives on the near northside, downtown is inside the inner loop i65/i70 interstate.
Jilly Bean wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the generally accepted boundaries are for what is called the "downtown" area?
What

Indianapolis, IN

#39 Dec 28, 2007
What I want to know is how she can be in her 40s but living in Lugar Tower, which is supposedly a senior public housing building.
hehe

Elgin, IL

#40 Dec 28, 2007
maude wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone please remember that the Marion Co. Coroner's Office is terribly understaffed with competent professionals.
... and overstaffed with uncompetent ones...
knasmiley

Hamilton, NY

#41 Dec 28, 2007
She lost her loving mother a few years ago to cancer, had an uncle who came in and TOOK everything her mother ever worked for. I do know the family or did so to speak, Debbie had her problems but no human being deserves to die like this, especially one that was so good to me as a child. She babysat me for years, was a good person with a HUGE HEART, once again judgement day will come and EVERYONE will have to answer their wrongs..........

PS: which god, I guess when your intellect wont allow you to go beyond Springer, understanding life is to much to ask. I just wish posts came with the address of the poster, not so many would live their lives through tragic news articles, they would crawl back under the rock that was hiding them for the rest of us...

RIP Debbie, you and your mother Gloria will forever be in my prayers....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Craig dehut 6 hr ugh 3
News Churches step up to help Indianapolis residents... 12 hr reasonable 1
Boehner crying. again. 14 hr reasonable 1
News Indianapolis Schools Implement Tutoring for Par... 17 hr reasonable 1
News Police Shootout At Upscale IUPUI Apartment Comp... 20 hr Kips215 1
News Dry out that basement fast, or risk costly mold... 21 hr moron 1
News Pike Soccer Club looking for players (Oct '07) Mon ayuk tabot 500
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages