Police identify woman found dead

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Police late Thursday identified the woman whose nude body was found earlier in the day under a Downtown Indianapolis overpass.
Comments
1 - 20 of 71 Comments Last updated Sep 10, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
knasmiley

Hamilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Please dont assume things about this young lady, she was a GOOD person who was wronged by her family after her mothers passing, may god bless your souls. You know who you are and what you did, my guess is you will meet your maker 1 day and im sure Debbie and her mother will be there waiting..........

I think GOD thought she had suffered enough, god bless you Debbie and your mother who were so good to me when I was a child. Although it has been over 30 years now, I still remember it like it was yesturday..........
Jilly Bean

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Can anyone tell me what the generally accepted boundaries are for what is called the "downtown" area?
mykidzmom

New Castle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Wouldn't have been identified so quickly if it hadn't been for those tatts.
knasmiley

Hamilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

mykidzmom wrote:
I cant believe how shallow some people are, I hope you know that one day you will have to answer for your actions, I guarantee that day will come.........

Its a shame that some get amusement out of others tragedies, pathetic isnt a strong enough word for people like you........
annie

Vernon Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Very, very sad.....

Since: Oct 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

knasmiley wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant believe how shallow some people are, I hope you know that one day you will have to answer for your actions, I guarantee that day will come.........
Its a shame that some get amusement out of others tragedies, pathetic isnt a strong enough word for people like you........
Just ignore the trolls.

I am sorry about the loss of your friend.
concerned citizen

Wilkinson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Jilly Bean wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the generally accepted boundaries are for what is called the "downtown" area?
The boundries for the "downtown area" used to be from a starting point of Meridian St & Washington St
bounded in all 4 directions ( N-E-S-W) by streets of same name North St, East St, South St & West St making up the "MILE SQUARE" or downtown area
Pretty Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

It's sad how a person can lose their life so tragically and then to be dumped like yesterday's trash as if this woman had no loved ones. No matter what type of life this woman lived while she was alive, NO ONE deserves to be dumped nude on the side of a street beneath an highway overpass. I hope the person who did this looks in the mirror and sees her face for the rest of their miserable life.
Robert Clark

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Very sad and tragic.
Until communities come together to watch out for each other, and stop being the guy who "does not want to get involved",we are all victims waiting to happen.
weave

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

mykidzmom wrote:
the post was true...thank goodness for those tattoos,otherwise how long would have it taken? so also please dont be so fast to judge.
Mike

Crown Point, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

mykidzmom wrote:
My, what an inhumane a$$. The article does not een say abything about tattoos.

While I am not a supporter of tattoos, this just sounds how stupid and judgemental you are as a person.
which GOD

Rockton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

knasmiley wrote:
Please dont assume things about this young lady, she was a GOOD person who was wronged by her family after her mothers passing, may god bless your souls. You know who you are and what you did, my guess is you will meet your maker 1 day and im sure Debbie and her mother will be there waiting..........
I think GOD thought she had suffered enough, god bless you Debbie and your mother who were so good to me when I was a child. Although it has been over 30 years now, I still remember it like it was yesturday..........
Yes God thought she suffered enough so He had her body dumped on the side of the road like a bag of Trash. O blessed and wonderful is our Lord... lmfao, im sure He could have came up with a more pleasant way for her to die.
weave

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

the tattoos were shown on the news last night. i dont support tattoos either,dont have any dont want any. but without them (or even scars) sure helped to quicken the id of her. and yes what a horrible way to leave this world. bless her and her friends,i hope her family did really love her. people make poor choices before knowing later those choices were the wrong ones.
Hoosier Lady

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

First it is a sad thing to have to claim to body of a loved one in such a way. But to be laying there without another chance at life and to have your life taken is not fair. I notice people do a lot of judging here when either comments are placed or answered...what happen to people just having just having a caring heart without all the "negitive, hate, and the swallowness of the value of any life".

God Bless Us All
TV Chick

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
While I am not a supporter of tattoos, this just sounds how stupid and judgemental you are as a person.
True the article does not state tattoos...but it was mentioned on the news yesterday beore they ID'd her.
INDYGIRL

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Jilly Bean wrote:
Sure Jilly; Downtown is also called the "Mile Square" which is South Street to North Street and East Street to West Street.
Hoosier Fan

Crown Point, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

TV Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
True the article does not state tattoos...but it was mentioned on the news yesterday beore they ID'd her.
I did not see the news last night but it still shows how stupid and judgemental this person and others in our society have become.
Transparent

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

which GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes God thought she suffered enough so He had her body dumped on the side of the road like a bag of Trash. O blessed and wonderful is our Lord... lmfao, im sure He could have came up with a more pleasant way for her to die.
I am sure there are things in your life and my life that He wishes we would have done differently, too. We have free will. This isn't about God not stopping this or having control over how she died - it is over the fact that some scumbag He gave free will to chose to display their ugliness and hatred rather than the love God intended. Sick of everything being blamed on God when it is actually the lack of God in people's lives that result in comments like yours and murders like hers.
Bill

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
The news posted pictures yesterday of the tattoos as a means of trying to identify this woman as she had no other identification with her and police said then they had no leads or idea how or why this happened. So the post was accurate in saying if it were not for the identification marks it might have been longer before she was id'd. The poster was not being mean, just stating an accurate fact.
Understand

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

EXACTLY Bill - and in the article on the website yesterday they went into DETAIL on 2 of the 3 tattoos and skipped the 3rd (standard police procedure to weed out the nuts and sickos calling in).
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The news posted pictures yesterday of the tattoos as a means of trying to identify this woman as she had no other identification with her and police said then they had no leads or idea how or why this happened. So the post was accurate in saying if it were not for the identification marks it might have been longer before she was id'd. The poster was not being mean, just stating an accurate fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Beth hubartt 12 hr Lol 1
I Still Love You!! 14 hr LowDownDirty 7
Indy man at party on boat drowns in Lake Monroe (Apr '07) 19 hr Going for 1000 978
Family of 15-year-old Indianapolis murder victi... Thu Pontificating 2
Ebay Exodus: Why Are Thousands of Sellers Leavi... (Jun '13) Wed OnlineBlogger 44
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Wed Two Cents 86
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair Wed Coda1 1
•••
•••
•••
Indianapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Indianapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000