McDoanlds East: $1.00 for all cups including water cups

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2012

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Why have they done this? Because today the American people (a large percentage of them) will ask for a water cup and fill it with soda. I can not count how many people I see come in with a soda cup and refill it without paying for it. Oh well I look for the free refills to end soon with the economy the way it is. Maybe that will cut down on the calories that people take in everyday.
Travis

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 27, 2012
 
I have seen them do it and it's plain wrong. Why can't people jsut be honest.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Why should they? Even our leaders of this country are not always honest. Kids see parents do it. We live in a society where people are honest except when it comes to them. Tell your kids why you disobey that sign that says "Speed Limit 55"
Travis wrote:
I have seen them do it and it's plain wrong. Why can't people jsut be honest.
yep

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 27, 2012
 
Because the dead beats don't want to pay for anything.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

No it is not just the dead beats. I have seen people dress up for work do this. One person I know buys his coffee in his home town and then stops at the one out east of Indy expecting a refill.
yep wrote:
Because the dead beats don't want to pay for anything.
triose

Mooresville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DavidM wrote:
No it is not just the dead beats. I have seen people dress up for work do this. One person I know buys his coffee in his home town and then stops at the one out east of Indy expecting a refill.
<quoted text>
Two years ago I stopped at a McDonalds in Merriville, IN. After I received my order I went to get a straw, napkins, salt, etc. and none of it was available...they keep it all behind the counter and you must ask for it...when I inquired why, the assistant manager told me if they leave it out, it all disappears in hours...people will take all the napkins, straws etc. He said since they started keeping it behind the counter the amount of stock they needed to order every month fell by more than 60%..wonderful "entitlement" soceity we live in.
yep

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 28, 2012
 
triose wrote:
<quoted text>Two years ago I stopped at a McDonalds in Merriville, IN. After I received my order I went to get a straw, napkins, salt, etc. and none of it was available...they keep it all behind the counter and you must ask for it...when I inquired why, the assistant manager told me if they leave it out, it all disappears in hours...people will take all the napkins, straws etc. He said since they started keeping it behind the counter the amount of stock they needed to order every month fell by more than 60%..wonderful "entitlement" soceity we live in.
Try dealing with the guy who orders beer after beer and never tips.
WILLIAMS

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Try dealing with the guy who orders beer after beer and never tips.
Oh grow up.

If he pays for his beer, he's entitled to it.

A tip is complimentary. You are not entitled to it.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

You may have notice that some places has went to a new dispenser for those napkins. I saw a lady that comes in all the time open it up and help herself to a bunch of napkins. I have notice that other fast food places has started to give the napkins out because of people helping themselves. You get down to really thinking about it, its a shame that American adults act like this. BTY Did you know that filling a water cup with soda is the same as shop lifting?
triose wrote:
<quoted text>
Two years ago I stopped at a McDonalds in Merriville, IN. After I received my order I went to get a straw, napkins, salt, etc. and none of it was available...they keep it all behind the counter and you must ask for it...when I inquired why, the assistant manager told me if they leave it out, it all disappears in hours...people will take all the napkins, straws etc. He said since they started keeping it behind the counter the amount of stock they needed to order every month fell by more than 60%..wonderful "entitlement" soceity we live in.
WHY

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Now I have never filled a cup with soda I didn't pay for but I am guilty of keeping a few extra napkins in my truck. 3 or 4. Boy I never realized that was shoplifting. Thanks for the reminder!

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Napkins are there for your use. But if you take extra to use outside, you are taking a item that you never paid for. What else would you call it?
WHY wrote:
Now I have never filled a cup with soda I didn't pay for but I am guilty of keeping a few extra napkins in my truck. 3 or 4. Boy I never realized that was shoplifting. Thanks for the reminder!
CarlSweeney

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>Napkins are there for your use. But if you take extra to use outside, you are taking a item that you never paid for. What else would you call it?
When you get your food to go how do you know if you are going to need 2 or 10 napkins? Who eats in that craphole anyway. You are crazy to even get out of your car if you find yourself on that side of town.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

CarlSweeney wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get your food to go how do you know if you are going to need 2 or 10 napkins? Who eats in that craphole anyway. You are crazy to even get out of your car if you find yourself on that side of town.
Craphole? Depending where you are talking about. We have had no problems at all where I live outside of 465. Why? Because we keep our eyes open and take care of any problems before it happens. If you are talking about McDonald's, not bad place, cheap place to eat. That is why I don't have to worry about my next paycheck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff punky Combs at it again 1 hr DA UNION CRUSHER 10
Tell your spouse everything? 2 hr Joe Average 1
Ralph's Brake & Muffler Madison Ave 20 hr Warty-lipped Butt... 1
Courts tell Indiana to honor gay marriages from... Thu who cares 4
officer Wilson Thu Simon 2
They riot with no facts or evidence Thu Simon 9
My new jeep Wed Rogains 5

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Indianapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Indianapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Indianapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••