Inmate's death a mystery

Inmate's death a mystery

There are 30 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 9, 2007, titled Inmate's death a mystery. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Harry Sean McCoy was no stranger to tragedy. Thirteen years ago, his toddler son and pregnant girlfriend were killed in a car fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DMF

Indianapolis, IN

#1 May 9, 2007
I am saddened to hear about the death of Sean McCoy. I remember when the fire happened at the gas station and I knew Kim and also had dated one of his brothers. I will be praying for the family, especially his kids and the difficult time ahead of them. I am an aunt to three wonderful children who also lost their father a few years ago and they struggle so much still. My heart goes out to them.
Plainfield Citizen

Jeffersonville, IN

#2 May 10, 2007
Why no official investigation by the prosecutor's office? Why no grand jury? Oh that's right! Mrs. Baldwin hasn't called one in over 10 years!
I remember

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 10, 2007
Tell it like it is...Lets not make him a martyr. I remember a young child and a young pregnant girl (A great girl with a bright future) that I went to highschool with....that on that awful day were left to die. Mr. McCoy's car caught fire by accident. However, he deliberately reached in the backseat and grabbed a diaper bag and threw it away from the fire thinking that was his child! A coward! He ran...He ran away from that fire leaving his child and pregnant girlfriend to die that day because he was afraid he would go to jail for a warrant. Then he went on the news with "Patty" the childs mother and played the victim. I never forgot. I have often thought of Kim's greiving family. I was just a classmate. I always wondered if he regretted what he did. Judging from the fact that he had a drug problem. He probably did. Make no mistake I am not happy he died and I pray for his wife and his children. I have prayed for Kim's family for years. It just saddens me to see him portrayed as the victim. What goes around comes around.
carrie riggleman

Indianapolis, IN

#4 May 17, 2007
sean was my cousin i didnt know him that well because we had our own lives im very sad that he waisted his life on drugs but ilove him and i hope god will have mercy on his soul.
carrie riggleman

Indianapolis, IN

#5 May 18, 2007
seans dad blake mccoy was shot to death in 2002.im his blood cousin and i love him very much.my grandma sammy fullen who is living with my mom is 77yrs old and is grieving herself over blake and sean.i pray they will be good at peace where they are. love; always carrie and familiy
DMF

AOL

#6 May 19, 2007
For someone to say "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND", in a situation like this is just ignorant. As far as him running away from the fire, he was just a child. I am sure he didn't know what to do in the situation. Would you know what to do if you were just 16? I doubt it. The fact that the childhood life of Sean was probably not all that great and drugs were always present either with his older brothers/cousins or his father, it is no wonder he found himself in the situations he got himself into. I am not a member of the family, nor do I wish to be. I do know Elaine and Blake and have met Tina (Sean's mom) I do know how much Blake (jr) cared for Sean and I just think it is so sad that someone could be so heartless regarding someones death. The fact of the matter is that he was someone's husband, someone's father, someone's child and grandchild, someone's brother and someone's friend - he was loved - no matter what bad things he did.
DMF

AOL

#7 May 19, 2007
Did they ever determine the cause of death?
Tony McCoy

Redwood City, CA

#9 Dec 22, 2007
Let me tell eveyone something i lived with Sean for 5 years. Him and my father Tony McCoy sr. were the closest of them all. I loved Sean more than anything and for a little bitch like that to say what goes around comes around on the internet is a fag. I wish some would would say that to me or my dad and see what would happen to them. So if you want to get something off your chest you know who I am so why dont you tell us who you are.
carrie riggleman

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 9, 2008
hi tony i love you.
Luke

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jan 9, 2008
Tony McCoy wrote:
Let me tell eveyone something i lived with Sean for 5 years. Him and my father Tony McCoy sr. were the closest of them all. I loved Sean more than anything and for a little bitch like that to say what goes around comes around on the internet is a fag. I wish some would would say that to me or my dad and see what would happen to them. So if you want to get something off your chest you know who I am so why dont you tell us who you are.
Whats your point?
Rat Boy

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jan 9, 2008
Tony McCoy wrote:
Let me tell eveyone something i lived with Sean for 5 years. Him and my father Tony McCoy sr. were the closest of them all. I loved Sean more than anything and for a little bitch like that to say what goes around comes around on the internet is a fag. I wish some would would say that to me or my dad and see what would happen to them. So if you want to get something off your chest you know who I am so why dont you tell us who you are.
Froggy, aren't we?
Desmond 22

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jan 9, 2008
Tony McCoy wrote:
Let me tell eveyone something i lived with Sean for 5 years. Him and my father Tony McCoy sr. were the closest of them all. I loved Sean more than anything and for a little bitch like that to say what goes around comes around on the internet is a fag. I wish some would would say that to me or my dad and see what would happen to them. So if you want to get something off your chest you know who I am so why dont you tell us who you are.
Sounds like martinsville DNA.
HATE RACISTS

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jan 9, 2008
Tony McCoy wrote:
Let me tell eveyone something i lived with Sean for 5 years. Him and my father Tony McCoy sr. were the closest of them all. I loved Sean more than anything and for a little bitch like that to say what goes around comes around on the internet is a fag. I wish some would would say that to me or my dad and see what would happen to them. So if you want to get something off your chest you know who I am so why dont you tell us who you are.

WHY DON'T JUST TKE YOUR ROBE AND HOOD OFF, TONY MCKKK??
Just thinking

Evergreen Park, IL

#15 Jan 9, 2008
Dead inmate. Big deal. Have one of the other losers dig a hole.
Tony McCoy

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Feb 6, 2008
what is the problem with all of you, you didnt know him at all way do you feel the need to run your mouth about someone you didnt know would you like it if i ran my mouth about someone that died that you loved and lived with your whole life no because im a nice and caring person and i dont talk shit about anyone unless they start in with me and i dont think its fair for you to, and another thing i would rather talk face to face then type out some lame shit on the internet
Tony McCoy

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 6, 2008
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>Whats your point?
my point is DONT RUN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT SOMEONE YOU DONT KNOW!!!!!!!
Tony McCoy

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Feb 6, 2008
Just thinking wrote:
Dead inmate. Big deal. Have one of the other losers dig a hole.
yeah its real easy to say that aboout someone u never met in your life but when it happens to you oh believe me it will happen to everyone then you know how i feel and i wont be there running my mouth about them either even if they were a good person or not
Tony McCoy

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Feb 6, 2008
I remember wrote:
Tell it like it is...Lets not make him a martyr. I remember a young child and a young pregnant girl (A great girl with a bright future) that I went to highschool with....that on that awful day were left to die. Mr. McCoy's car caught fire by accident. However, he deliberately reached in the backseat and grabbed a diaper bag and threw it away from the fire thinking that was his child! A coward! He ran...He ran away from that fire leaving his child and pregnant girlfriend to die that day because he was afraid he would go to jail for a warrant. Then he went on the news with "Patty" the childs mother and played the victim. I never forgot. I have often thought of Kim's greiving family. I was just a classmate. I always wondered if he regretted what he did. Judging from the fact that he had a drug problem. He probably did. Make no mistake I am not happy he died and I pray for his wife and his children. I have prayed for Kim's family for years. It just saddens me to see him portrayed as the victim. What goes around comes around.
what would you do in a monment like that he was only a little kid when that happened and another thing they were the best things to ever happenen to him and when they died he was never the same
Tony McCoy

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Feb 6, 2008
Desmond 22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like martinsville DNA.
u live in Detriot what are u running ur mouth for why are u random ass people putting their 2 cents into everything??
So many evil people

United States

#21 Feb 6, 2008
Tony, You are exactly right. People want to discrimiate against ones they dont even know. If this happened to a member of their family, it would be very different. If people would quit judging and help each other out in time of tragedy, they would be happier people. The thing is the people that post such bad things are very unhappy theirself and have very low self esteem. Dont take their stupidity so personal. I will pray for his family and friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Odor complaints flood Hamilton County, Indianap... Fri Lavon Affair 2
News Pence: I'll campaign for Trump anywhere, anytime Fri PURIM PARTY 30
Know anybody with rare, old coins/currency? Fri wizard of ZOG 2
Spiro Agnew (Nov '14) Fri agnew legacy 8
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) Jul 20 Banfield 156
News Subaru of Indiana recruits soldiers from Kentucky Jul 20 1BIGObamination 2
Best Liquidation Buys? Jul 20 LouKy 1

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages