GOP backing Ballard in mayor's race

GOP backing Ballard in mayor's race

There are 37 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 1, 2007, titled GOP backing Ballard in mayor's race. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Marion County Republican leaders think that Greg Ballard is the candidate most capable of defeating Mayor Bart Peterson in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Firsty McFirsterton

Euclid, OH

#1 May 2, 2007
Godspeed!

Since: Apr 07

United States

#2 May 2, 2007
I wish you all the best for sure!
Heh

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 2, 2007
The GOP is so dead in Indy. They need new leadership if they are going to have a chance.
The pot

AOL

#4 May 2, 2007
The main...if not the only reason the Republicans are going to support this man is his last name. Ballard comes before any other name on the Republican primary ticket. The party knows that the people who vote in the primary elections really have no idea who to support...and will vote for the first name up on the ballot under their party affiliation.

This is an old trick that has been used by both major political parties...especially if someone ran against the slate and beat the slated candidate.

Semper Fi, Marine.
Average Joe

Indianapolis, IN

#5 May 2, 2007
I am a Republican...but I like Bart. If you have someone good already, let him stay. I've been in politics in a small city and know the public rarely knows everything that goes into decisions that are made. Yes, fight crime and work on transit...he appears to be trying in those areas. Nobody new is going to do anything much different than he is...regardless of party. This isn't national politics, it's local, where party really doesn't make a lot of difference.
Jay

Indianapolis, IN

#6 May 2, 2007
This is pathetic.

Peterson should have some real competition.
fedup

Indianapolis, IN

#7 May 2, 2007
Lets vote for him maybe he can help Peterson sure aint the answer.
Sally

United States

#8 May 2, 2007
I am a Democrat and can not stand Bart. He only supports those who donate money, destroys neighborhoods so that his developer buddies can build expensive homes, does not care about fighting crime. Where is the supposed savings from the police consolidation? Now our taxes go up because he didn't get his way with the State legislature. I thought the savings from police consolidation were for fighting crime. I'm volunteering for Ballard.
Whiner

Brownsburg, IN

#10 May 2, 2007
I dont like Bart.

WAHHH

WAHHH

WAHHH
peace advocate

Saint Louis, MO

#12 May 2, 2007
Good God Nelly, can't the GOP come up with something better than this offering...throw in the towel...concede the election and move on
TAXPAYER

Indianapolis, IN

#13 May 2, 2007
This Demorcrat will vote for anyone that runs against Fart Peterson. Yes he built a new football field but thats all he has done besides give away your tax dollar to his friends that want to build in city
POLICE OFFICER

Indianapolis, IN

#14 May 2, 2007
We ask police ask for your help and vote against Peterson
American

Jeffersonville, OH

#15 May 2, 2007
Good luck, Greg.
American

Jeffersonville, OH

#16 May 2, 2007
Heh wrote:
The GOP is so dead in Indy. They need new leadership if they are going to have a chance.
In order to do that, we'd have to live here. Indy is an inner-city crime-ridden hellhole.

People commute to Indy to work; they aren't so stupid as to live here.
Metro Officer

United States

#17 May 2, 2007
I've met Ballard and am impressed. He asked questions and is willing to at least listen to concerns, unlike our current mayor, who doesn't seem to care at all. I will be happy to put a Ballard for Mayor sign in my yard.
Greg

Marysville, OH

#19 May 2, 2007
Where can I find out more about Ballard? Maybe our current mayor
is a nice guy personaly, but I have
no faith at all in his ability to
run the city. The only thing I see
that Bart seems to do well is to
look sad in front of a camera when
there is some kind of horrific
murder, which in our city is almost
on a daily thing or if he doesn't get his way in the endless consolidation hassles.
I want to know who Ballard is. Is
he someone that could do a better job when it comes to crime? Is he
one of those "religious crazy" kind
of republicans? I sure wouldn't want
another Brian Bosma running our city!
I hope this is the start of voters
questioning what a candidate is capable of doing and not voting for someone simply according to what political party they belong to; the days of democrat vs. republican are
grinding to a halt. We the voters have seen what 8 years of republican
domination has done to the White House, yet we have also seen what
Bart has done to our city. May the best man win, regardless of political party!!
Ditch Bart

Indianapolis, IN

#21 May 2, 2007
I am a swing voter and for Democrats and Republicans based on issues.

We need to ditch Bart, there is too much crime in INDY and Bart gives away the store in INDY. Bart gave away the store in the Colts deal. We could have still kept the Colts and done it for a lot less money if we had a better Mayor at the time the Colts deal was done. Also, Bart Peterson does not think things out and usually makes poor decisions for INDY.

The Democrats made up bumper stickers that say, "Ditch Mitch". We are better off ditching Bart. While we are at it, the people in South Bend need to ditch Pat Bauer, Indiana House Speaker over the property tax issue.

As far as governor, if the Democrats can find another person that was a good as Evan Byah, then we can ditch Mitch. If not, we are better off to keep Mitch. We certainly would not like a Democrat like Pat Bauer in the governor's job, that would be disastrous for our state. Evan Bayh as a great governor and I wished he could return to Indiana, but I realize that will not happen.
Sharon

Indianapolis, IN

#22 May 2, 2007
I had lunch with Greg Ballard yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. He was sharp. He seems like a regular guy, not someone who's just running to run. He mentioned infra structure and how the last 8 years the current administration has ignored it. But paving some sidewalks right before the election. He's got my vote!
Barb

Indianapolis, IN

#23 May 2, 2007
We can't afford to re-elect Bart for a third term. We won't have any good police officers left! We've got to take care of our officers who are putting their live's on the line everyday to protect us.

“A.M.K. + Indianapolis = !!!!!!”

Since: Apr 07

Marion

#24 May 2, 2007
It is time for Indianapolis to return to the Republican leadership that made the city great in the first place. Sure, Indianapolis is still a great city even with Bart running it, but he has some serious kinks in his armor now. It is time for Bart to go! Indianapolis is having crime, homelessness, traffic, air pollution and fiscal problems that need real solutions, not just quick fixes. Bart knows all about quick fixes. I am more than willing to live and work in Bart Peterson's Indianapolis, but I hope that he loses this election because Indianapolis does not need four more years of Bart Peterson! I hope Greg Ballard gets to face off with Bart in the general election and I hope Republican leadership returns to Indianapolis!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sonny Willis & Heather Smith 59 min Linda Bledsoe 2
News Indianapolis seeks help to plan future neighbor... 1 hr Linda Bledsoe 1
Joy Reid's Blog Hacked By Russians!! We Mean Bu... 9 hr The Liberal 1
We Are Serious! We Are Suing Russia! 9 hr The Liberal 3
Colts draft tonight 11 hr Front office a joke 1
Marsh Going Out of Business (Sep '12) 19 hr Trianarfs 7
News World's largest firefighter training conference... 22 hr Smokey 1

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages