First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Clueless

Connersville, IN

#21 Apr 26, 2013
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with bipolar disorder? One of the documented side effects of going through the manic phase of bipolar is an increased risk of violent behavior.
There are millions of people out there with bipolar who go their whole lives without issue but a small percentage beat their kids, or worse yet shoot up a school.
If an alcoholic is not responsible for making a conscious decision to do the wrong thing because they have a disease, does the same logic apply to a bipolar?
really??? what does any of that have to do with being homeless. You should read your medical history and case files>>> start with murder. See who goes the hospital and who goes to prison. Also, bi-polar is treatable and maintainable unlike alcoholism . There is nothing that will make things better. I would also like to add that even when a alcoholic stops drinking, he never stops being an alcoholic, it never subsides, bi polar, MD, CD, SFS are all maintainable and also life long diseases. You cannot compare a person who drinks to non function to an abuser. Two different things unless he A becomes abusive which many do. Just like the BP, MD, CD, SFS and alcoholic not all become abusive or violent but there are some who do. Go talk to your uncle and "listen" to him. You might find out something you didn't know. There is more to that story ... I have no doubts. I will PRAY for him as well as my brother for their safety and well being.9097
Clueless

Connersville, IN

#22 Apr 26, 2013
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the point here.
It's incredibly easy to find a medical diagnosis to justify any depraved activity. If someone puts more effort into drinking than they do into working don't give them a free pass by suggesting that their illness prevents them from making a different decision.
Neither addiction nor mental illness supersede personal responsibility.
Nor someone with a mental challenge huh... The childlike will enter the gates of heaven. Even Jesus supped with the wicked and the poor, to preach the truth and bring the lost to His Father in Heaven.
Linda

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Apr 26, 2013
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Nor someone with a mental challenge huh... The childlike will enter the gates of heaven. Even Jesus supped with the wicked and the poor, to preach the truth and bring the lost to His Father in Heaven.
Yes fairy tales always help situations like this. Stop taking medication all together then. Your imaginary being in the sky will heal you.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Apr 28, 2013
Clueless wrote:
Also, bi-polar is treatable and maintainable unlike alcoholism . There is nothing that will make things better. I would also like to add that even when a alcoholic stops drinking, he never stops being an alcoholic, it never subsides, bi polar, MD, CD, SFS are all maintainable and also life long diseases.
So bipolar is maintainable and treatable while alcoholism is not? An alcoholic makes a conscious decision to obtain and consume the very substance which fuels their disorder. Someone with bipolar has no such level of control.

There are alcoholics out there who have quit drinking who don't believe in the power of prayer, and plenty more who can't quit despite being highly religious. How would you explain that if prayer is the ultimate solution?
lovethis

Carmel, IN

#25 Apr 28, 2013
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>So bipolar is maintainable and treatable while alcoholism is not? An alcoholic makes a conscious decision to obtain and consume the very substance which fuels their disorder. Someone with bipolar has no such level of control.

There are alcoholics out there who have quit drinking who don't believe in the power of prayer, and plenty more who can't quit despite being highly religious. How would you explain that if prayer is the ultimate solution?
Because they have been spoon fed a line of crap by sham doctors who in turn receive pay checks from big pharma. Stupid people believe anything.
Clueless

Connersville, IN

#26 Apr 29, 2013
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
So bipolar is maintainable and treatable while alcoholism is not? An alcoholic makes a conscious decision to obtain and consume the very substance which fuels their disorder. Someone with bipolar has no such level of control.
There are alcoholics out there who have quit drinking who don't believe in the power of prayer, and plenty more who can't quit despite being highly religious. How would you explain that if prayer is the ultimate solution?
so what is your addiction? and apparently you do no believe in God!
Clueless

Connersville, IN

#27 Apr 29, 2013
lovethis wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they have been spoon fed a line of crap by sham doctors who in turn receive pay checks from big pharma. Stupid people believe anything.
You would know wouldn't you lol I only see one real "stupid" person on this thread.
ima hoosier

Greenfield, IN

#28 Apr 29, 2013
my father saw horrible things while away at war. he would "lose it" from time to time. it was terrible seeing him like that. but he managed to persevere and as he got older,certain memories dimmed and he was better. my parents could afford mental help for him, but i often wonder if there was not help for him; would he have become homeless and wander about? so, lets try to be understanding of those who suffer mental illness and loose the way.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#29 Apr 29, 2013
I'm sorry hoosier, these people feel that they should be put out on the street. Mentally ill is just a weak excuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 22 min big blue nation 450
The Black Race Fights Injustice and for the com... 46 min Alonzo X 3
Speedrome memorabilia recalls golden era of Ind... 2 hr Mike Smith 1
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... 21 hr NoZipCodeLeftBhind 7
Foundation to pay off mortgages of slain NYPD o... Sat Linda Bedsore 2
Where to get herbal incense/spice/potpourri in ... (May '13) Fri matt 52
Chuck should be gone Jim should be In Dec 25 bikerbob 1
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Indianapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Indianapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:08 am PST

ESPN 6:08AM
Bengals, eyeing division title, take aim at flu
Bleacher Report 8:49 AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Score and Analysis for Tennessee
Bleacher Report 8:59 AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Indianapolis Score and Analysis
NBC Sports 9:45 AM
Report: Hakeem Nicks needs TD catch for $250,000 bonus
Bleacher Report11:21 AM
Luck Sets Colts' Single-Season Passing Record