19-year-old charged with sexual misconduct

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A 19-year-old Carmel man accused of impregnating his 15-year-old girlfriend is facing prosecution on two counts of sexual misconduct with a minor.
Comments
1 - 20 of 300 Comments Last updated May 1, 2007
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
DAZ

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

15 will get you 20.
Jeff

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Witness to the sexual activity.

How nice.

Since: Feb 07

On your PC screen

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

These siutations are such a catch 22 with me. What will be this young ladies punishment? The man was dumb for continuing to have sex with this girl AFTER being warned several times now he will pay the consequences for it, but again what will be the teens punishment?

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Not to condemn the parents, but I would have taken her to the doctor and put her on the depo shot. No risk of her missing a pill and very little risk of pregnancy. I know the idea here was to get them to stop completely but aside from locking her up somewhere, it was going to be difficult to keep her from doing what she and this man did.

On the flip side, why didn't the cops arrest him back when he admitted to having sex with a girl under the age of 16? I miss the point here of why he was given a chance to continue.
Anonymous

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Congratulations...you are going to be a grandmother and grandfather.
Penny

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Why is the father complaining to the police about a situation he himself should take care of: keeping his pro-miscuous daughter from sneaking out to meet her boyfriend? Yes, the boyfriend was wrong, as well, but the girlfriend sounds plenty willing. The solution is not jail. Let the young couple marry and raise their child.

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

My guess: being a mommy at the age of 15, going through high school at the age of 15 pregnant, raising this baby without an involved father because he was too horny to keep his zipper up and she was too horny to keep hers on. I'd say the next 5-10 years will be difficult for her. Even with parents support. Unfortunately societies stigma let alone the stigma at school won't do much for her.
TheMommy wrote:
These siutations are such a catch 22 with me. What will be this young ladies punishment? The man was dumb for continuing to have sex with this girl AFTER being warned several times now he will pay the consequences for it, but again what will be the teens punishment?
zionsville

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

The teen girl's punishment? Try motherhood at the woefully unprepared age of 15, with a father out of the picture (most likely incarcerated). Regardless of her caring and affection for the infant, her life will be altered forever, even before she reaches adulthood. Perhaps not "punishment", but no 15 year old should be a parent.
Jennifer

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

There is only ONE reason that a 19 year-old "man" would hang around a 14/15 year-old child.
T Clark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Difficult circumstance. The male should have taken good advise. The young lady should of followed her mothers oders. Now the male could end up having to register as a sex offender for a period of years and have no chance of a normal relationship with his child. The young lady could be viewed as a victim of his crime and a permanant protective order set in place.
Hoosier mom

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

TheMommy wrote:
Hmmmm, pregnancy? I think the whole point of the law is that the girl is considered too young to make a rational decision -- she's a minor. He's the adult. Something like that...
Cheesy zBobz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

The parents of the pregnant girl are going to send the father of their grandchild to jail for a few years and he will forever after be labeled a sex offender. Which will probably prevent him from getting decent employment. Which will prevent him from being able to help in his child's support.

Regardless of whether they (the parents) like the kid or not, is that what is really in the best intrest of the child?
Anna May

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Wow. Why can't these parents take control of their daughter? Yes, the Scruby 19 is at fault too, but it is up to parents to protect their children. Even the father admitted that they couln not keep her from sneaking out?!?!? Why the hell not? You are the parent. Wake up!
Jessica

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

TheMommy wrote:
In this case....her "punishment" is having a child to care for at the age of 15. I don't think children are punishments but she will not get the opportunity to be a teen. She is now going to have to be an adult mother.
Porcelain God

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

TheMommy wrote:
I think teen pregnancy is the punishment.
DAZ

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

TheMommy wrote:
Her punishment? Her punishment will be raising a child at the age of 16, gaining 40 pounds, being known as the easy girl, saggy breasts, stretch marks, etc. She will have a life time of reminders of her promiscuity.
WhereAreTheParen ts

Alexandria, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

My question is....why is the guy the only one in trouble? Obviously the parents cannot control their daughter, so now the guy is paying the price. Maybe if the parents had raise her a bit better, she wouldn't be sneaking out to have sex. It takes TWO people to make a baby!!
Stupid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

The age difference between these two kids is 4 years. But under Indiana law, if she was 16 and her male partner was 35, 45, or 55, then they could legally have sex so long as it was consensual. Something about that strikes me as funney. In this case, the sex was clearly consensual, and the parents and cops knew it was going on. Now they want to prosecute the male only. BS!!!
Indiana

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

scruby duby doo! what a goof.
Kenny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Im glad the parents will have this 19 year old charged with a sex crime. Too many parents turn their backs on this problem. Whatever the reason there is no excuse to overlook this kind of crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... 47 min not fair 4
Courts tell Indiana to honor gay marriages from... 1 hr Jelly Bean 3
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff 4 hr Tom Thumb 3
Karen Dehut 9 hr Opinion 1
They riot with no facts or evidence 9 hr The Great One 7
Mike Brown Toxicology report 9 hr The Ultimate Kaptoz 1
Pants down DoN'T Shoot lol 9 hr The Ultimate Kaptoz 1

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
•••
•••