Installation from hell
Posted in the Indianapolis Forum
#1 Dec 12, 2013
h.h. Gregg offered an installation program for my TV, I decided to go for it. VK from Unique Home Theater Satellite contacted me by phone and came out to give us a price. The cost given to install the system was $1,347.97 which included a “Premium System Installation.In addition, I wrote two checks totaling $200 to VK for HDMI and speaker wire cables. So for $1,547.97 I was told by VK Seychay I would have everything I asked for in the installation.
VK came on 10/16/13 to install all the equipment and how we wanted everything set up.He finally arrived at 9:20AM. He left our home at 7:50PM stating he and his assistant had “done their allotted time on the installation.” I was given very little instruction how to use the system.
I called h.h. Gregg the next day and requested a manager to come out to the house. My concerns were as follows:
• We had difficulty turning the TV on and off. The digital box sometimes did not turn on or off when we used the remote
• We had existing wiring from the crawl space up to the Bose speakers on the wall. They were located next to the molding which separates the kitchen from the family room. We told VK we wanted no wires showing. He drilled a hole a couple of feet off the floor into the wall and also seven feet up on the wall near the speakers. Since he knew where the hole was under the crawl space, all he had to do was drill the whole a couple of inches over to be inside the wall. He did the same thing on two other walls. That is three unnecessary holes and wall plates. I also don’t understand why he had to drill holes seven feet up right next to the speakers. The speakers have a base which could easily cover a hole. That was three more unnecessary holes and wall plates. I complained to Installs, Inc. and they issued a check to cover the damage.
• VK forgot to install my VCR.
• I bought a Blu-ray player at h.h. Gregg for VK to install. He told me it was not compatible. I went back to the store while he was working on the installation. I called him from the store and explained all the connections on the back of the Blu-ray player and he told me to purchase a Sony Blu-ray, WIFI, 100+APPS, HDMI (model # BDPS3100). When I went back to the house, he could not connect it to the system. I had to go back to the store and buy a Blu-ray, Samsung, 3D, Smart (model BDF5900). Apparently he did not know I needed an optical out Blu-ray player.
• When I removed the old TV from a shelf, the cable wire was exposed from the wall. Again, I told VK we wanted all wires hidden.
• When we change channels quickly, the TV gets locked up.
• I purchased Netflix but we can’t use it because the TV keeps on rebooting.
• We can’t mute the TV.
I was expecting a manager to review the work done on my system. I couldn’t believe Installs sent VK. I called h.h. Gregg and told them I wanted VK out of our house. A few days later Bill Brooks came to our home. I explained the situation and he agreed that the installation was not up to par.
When VK’s assistant was rewiring one of the speakers, he broke a speaker bracket. I super glued the bracket. When Bill came to the house it broke again. Bill has since ordered a bracket. That was over a month ago.
Needless to say, we are disgusted with the installation. I have spoken to representatives of h.h. Gregg and Installs, Inc. I have not received the courtesy of expediting the completion of the job. I have been in various customer service positions for more years than I can remember. I always tell my staff to reverse rolls and become the customer. It is like the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have others do unto you). I believe if you were me you would also be just as upset. I paid $1,547.97 for a terrible installation and follow-up.
As usual, I will continue to wait for a response. I’ve been very patient, but I have just about run out of patience. I will be contacting an attorney if this is not resolved quickly.
#2 Dec 12, 2013
Who cares you ignorant fop
#3 Dec 13, 2013
Play BINGO , it is cheaper.
Since: Aug 12
#4 Dec 13, 2013
For a job that expensive I would insist on hiring the installer directly. You gave HH Gregg $1500 for a very detailed job as casually as if it was a gallon of milk. Now your best bet is to threaten a lawsuit in order to motivate them to do the job properly. I'm sure that is a pain to deal with but you don't have any other leverage to work with.
#5 Dec 13, 2013
Dominionism is destroying America
"If you ever want an explanation for why some Republicans have grown downright giddy at the prospect of shutting down the federal government, this helps explain why. It’s not a coincidence that some of the biggest Bible-thumpers in Congress are those who are most supportive of finding some way to shut down the government. If you believe America isn’t really America unless the Christian right runs it, it’s not a short leap to look to destroying the system altogether.“If we can’t have it, no one can,” seems to be the guiding principle behind the push to shut down the federal government. They like to frame their claims that America will collapse if they aren’t in charge as warnings. But really, a better word for what they’re doing is “threats.”
Since: Dec 06
#6 Dec 13, 2013
I stop going to H.H. Gregg years ago because of their ads. The first time I saw their ad I went to the store on E. Washington Street. The item I was looking for was not on display. I finally found a sales person and asked about it. Oh we only had three to a store. He check and said Greenwood had one left. So I ask him if he could put a hold on it. He responded in the negative. About five years later I fell for the same gimmick. And I found the same story. Never again.
#7 Dec 13, 2013
Never had that problem. I have went there with ad in hand and they never had the product a couple of times but they always gave me the choice of the same or equivalent item but may be a different brand or the next best item of the same brand. Maybe they just did not like you or your attitude. But they have always done me right when buying there appliances or whatever it is.
Add your comments below
|14% of US Christians left their churches after ...||58 min||Go to DC||9|
|Trump just had his bluff called -- again||1 hr||Go to DC||4|
|Alex Jones: "Performance Artist" reveals Info w...||15 hr||poptart||9|
|Adrienne Vittadini Studio - cheap crap under a ...||22 hr||Making China Grea...||1|
|Donald Trump’s Contract with the American Voter...||Tue||TrumpedHillary||3|
|Trump backs away from demand for border wall mo...||Tue||TrumpedHillary||2|
|BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11)||Mon||Waikiki murders||166|
Find what you want!
Search Indianapolis Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC