Let it Out

There are 285 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 11, 2007, titled Let it Out. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Call us at 444-4445, and enter category 3; send a fax to 444-6565, attention LET IT OUT; or send an e-mail to letitout@indystar.com. Comments might be edited because of space limitations or questionable taste.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
who knows

Reynolds, IN

#1 May 11, 2007
Hooray it's Friday, I don't have to see the walls of this place till Monday at 6 PM.
Spiffey

United States

#2 May 11, 2007
Floors For You in Brownsburg sucks. Does sloppy work then refuses to do anything about it. Do not do business with them or you will be sorry.

“Everyones excited and confused”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 11, 2007
Nothing like a column full of immigrant hating comments to show what a wonderful state we are. Hey everyone!
Kim

Belleville, IL

#4 May 11, 2007
The falcon chicks are awesome!
rippleite

United States

#5 May 11, 2007
Thanks for the treason definition!
Last time I checked, though, we live in America, not Iraq.
bbm

Indianapolis, IN

#6 May 11, 2007
$10 worth of gas to get to your polling place? You must drive a Hummer.
mess in the yard

Indianapolis, IN

#7 May 11, 2007
Precision Sewer and Drain claim to be christians all the while screwing you out of your money. Oh sorry, that is a christian attitude!
mess in the yard

Indianapolis, IN

#8 May 11, 2007
Don't use Precision Sewer and Drain either, they'll screw you over.
why

Crawfordsville, IN

#11 May 11, 2007
OK This is important---- They change the viewing standards about movies that show smoking---What about the movies and video games that show MURDER,mayham and other undesirable actions?
strictly facts

Indianapolis, IN

#13 May 11, 2007
What Should Be Obvious wrote:
Nothing like a column full of immigrant hating comments to show what a wonderful state we are. Hey everyone!
We don't "hate" immigrants.We hate that they are here illegally!They can either go through the proper process to work/live here or send them back!
Really

AOL

#14 May 11, 2007
mess in the yard wrote:
Precision Sewer and Drain claim to be christians all the while screwing you out of your money. Oh sorry, that is a christian attitude!
Jesus said his followers will be known because they have love among themselves. Most people who claim to be Christians, do not.
Really

AOL

#15 May 11, 2007
strictly facts wrote:
<quoted text> We don't "hate" immigrants.We hate that they are here illegally!They can either go through the proper process to work/live here or send them back!
Or if they are an illegal female immigrant, they could come here, steal somebody else's husband, marry him, and be legal that way.
Moonlover62

Milroy, IN

#16 May 11, 2007
I second the notion on checkpoints for green cards. Did you run for office? If you did you would have won.

“Livin in a yellow submarine”

Since: May 07

Danville

#17 May 11, 2007
Tolerance wrote:
"I haven't smoked a cigarette in two weeks! Hooray for me!"
Way to go! Too bad I cant say the same thing. All I can say is, I haven't smoked a cigarette in two hours! Horray for me!
Hahaha, thats basically the same thing I was going to say. Itd be nice to quit before the stupid tax hike so that I can help less poor families.

“Everyones excited and confused”

Indianapolis, IN

#18 May 11, 2007
Most people can't separate those two in their mind. You see it all the time, people being rude to immigrants, assuming they're illegal. And anyway, last time I checked, this wasn't our country originally. The point is, it doesn't matter. Our system makes it difficult for them to be legal, and all they are doing is trying to find a better life. Why would you begrudge them that?
strictly facts wrote:
<quoted text> We don't "hate" immigrants.We hate that they are here illegally!They can either go through the proper process to work/live here or send them back!

“Digital denizen.”

Indianapolis

#19 May 11, 2007
>>"Off-year" elections create low turnout, problems at the polls and needless sign pollution. Oh, by the way, it costs money to hold these elections. Indiana: Hold local elections at the same time as the national elections!<<

Just one little problem: the elections this week were PRIMARIES. It is the system we use to determine who will represent each party during the GENERAL election, which is held in November, at the same time as the "national elections."
GIGO

United States

#20 May 11, 2007
The facts, although interesting, are usually irrelevant.
Mr Obvious

AOL

#21 May 11, 2007
"Remember, whether you vote or not, you have the right, as a citizen, to complain."
No you don't!
You have the freedom of speech to do so, but if you don't take part in the democratic process of government and elections you have no right to say anything about how the country is being run.
Either get out and vote or STFU!

“Forget regret...”

Since: Mar 07

Lubbock, TX

#22 May 11, 2007
Wow...fairly intelligent comments before 9 am. Yay for us!

I hope that everyone has a beautiful day.

“Forget regret...”

Since: Mar 07

Lubbock, TX

#23 May 11, 2007
Mr Obvious wrote:
"Remember, whether you vote or not, you have the right, as a citizen, to complain."
No you don't!
You have the freedom of speech to do so, but if you don't take part in the democratic process of government and elections you have no right to say anything about how the country is being run.
Either get out and vote or STFU!
I'm having a really hard time following the logic of your comment. You agree that those who don't vote do have the right to complain, bu then, in the same sentance, tell them to shut up, since they didn't vote. Seems to me like you didn't pay the closest of attention in your logic class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana Muslims offended by 'Islamophobic' bill... (Jun '17) 1 hr The Blood of Yeshua 1,135
will not buy john deere equipment 4 hr lol 8
Joe Donnelly 5 hr prof 1
Lebron Jasmes is Dumb!!! 6 hr trumpthosetraitors 4
News Maximum sentence given to a deadly drunk driver 15 hr Fartingonbillc 5
Democrats Decry Inequality!!! 17 hr God Damned Holy S... 2
Honkeys Mon lol 8

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages