Putting Big Bird On Notice

Putting Big Bird On Notice

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

SesameBig

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Won't solve the deficit problem. The public broadcasting service is evil.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#2 Oct 5, 2012
Why should taxpayers hand over tax dollars to a TV network? Maybe I could start a business and get a check from the government.
triose

Mooresville, IN

#3 Oct 5, 2012
DavidM wrote:
Why should taxpayers hand over tax dollars to a TV network? Maybe I could start a business and get a check from the government.
You can if you hurry...anything "Green Energy" you can get millions from Washington.
bill

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2012
all id!ots
your bill is not my bill

Warsaw, IN

#5 Oct 5, 2012
bill wrote:
all id!ots
Flushed out another Obama supporter.
more waste

Warsaw, IN

#6 Oct 5, 2012
triose wrote:
<quoted text>
You can if you hurry...anything "Green Energy" you can get millions from Washington.
I'm thinking about starting a green energy cartoon, and calling it Washington street.
With the main character being Big Green Bird, that should qualify me for a cool 10 or 20 million of taxpayers dollars.
somethingliberal swontaskf

Plymouth, IN

#7 Oct 6, 2012
Big Birds W2's

Indianapolis

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Make all those charters gay and you can get twice as much money.
more waste wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking about starting a green energy cartoon, and calling it Washington street.
With the main character being Big Green Bird, that should qualify me for a cool 10 or 20 million of taxpayers dollars.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Oct 9, 2012
Why is Obama and his team still talking about a debate They lost eight days ago? It's called muddy the waters, Keep people talking about Leher and how bad he moderated the debate and not how badly Obama truly did.The second debate will be like it was actually Obama's first debate. They want people to say hey don't count the first debate. Obama didn't have time to study and adjust to the altitude in Denver lol.I guess Obama had a contact high that night.
Linda Bledsoe

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Oct 9, 2012
The thing people don't understand is that PBS will continue to operate without federal funding. Less than 30% of its operating budget is in the form of federal grants. It will be an opportunity to cut the fat and focus on efficiency...something that is long overdue in government.

Indianapolis

#11 Oct 9, 2012
Great. I have no problem with more them raising more money instead of stealing taxpayers money. Oh wait, It is borrow money that we have to pay interested on.
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
The thing people don't understand is that PBS will continue to operate without federal funding. Less than 30% of its operating budget is in the form of federal grants. It will be an opportunity to cut the fat and focus on efficiency...something that is long overdue in government.
Asterisk

Green Bay, WI

#12 Oct 10, 2012
It is very clear what these campaigns are coming down to. Mitt Romney says he wants to cut the government funding of Big Bird. Anyone who has young kids or has had young kids in the last 40 years knows that Bid Bird and Sesame Street will live for a very long time without government funding. Yet Obama goes out there and twists Romney's words into "fire Big Bird." And he and his wife are now repeating that line over and over again as if it is what he said. They have to paint Mitt Romney in a false light.

Mitt Romney, on the other hand, just has to go out there and tell the story of the last 4 years. All he has to do is tell the truth about Obama as he has performed in the White House for this current term.

Long story short, the truth is on Romney's side and the more Americans get to see this, the better this election will turn out.

So Obama, keep telling us how Mitt wants to fire Big Bird and Elmo. Keep it up. The more you tell the lie, the more people will see you are lying.

Indianapolis

#13 Oct 10, 2012
I agree with what you are saying but I feel like I have to correct you on one thing. It is not government that is funding anything. It is the people that pays taxes or the people that will someday will have to give up everything to pay off the national debt.

I have no problem with people funding PBS. It is their money that they might want to donate. I hope we do fire Big Bird from getting any taxpayers money along with a lot of other things like the art funding.
Asterisk wrote:
It is very clear what these campaigns are coming down to. Mitt Romney says he wants to cut the government funding of Big Bird. Anyone who has young kids or has had young kids in the last 40 years knows that Bid Bird and Sesame Street will live for a very long time without government funding. Yet Obama goes out there and twists Romney's words into "fire Big Bird." And he and his wife are now repeating that line over and over again as if it is what he said. They have to paint Mitt Romney in a false light.
Mitt Romney, on the other hand, just has to go out there and tell the story of the last 4 years. All he has to do is tell the truth about Obama as he has performed in the White House for this current term.
Long story short, the truth is on Romney's side and the more Americans get to see this, the better this election will turn out.
So Obama, keep telling us how Mitt wants to fire Big Bird and Elmo. Keep it up. The more you tell the lie, the more people will see you are lying.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 10, 2012
There is no reason PBS should be getting funding from the tax payers unless it's done by a pledge that PBS holds monthly to raise money.PBS is mostly made up of left wing hacks and documentaries they air weekly or daily.The only semi- conservative guy they had on PBS was Mccuiston , His show was on only on late Sunday night at about midnight. Then you have The Mclaughlin show. It is mostly made up of angry liberals also lol. There is Charlie commie Rose whose interviews consist of 99% liberals he gloats over while interviewing .Most what they air now on PBS is geared toward the gay agenda i brainwashing kids to believe that lifestyle choice is natural as can be. Then there are all the new environmental shows against coal and oil.Yes it's time to cut all strings to PBS taxpayers fund without any say so.Maybe then pbs WILL BEGIN TO bring on more conservative viewpoints and topics .We know what happened to Air America hahahahahahah.
velogeezer

Mooresville, IN

#15 Oct 10, 2012
Sure! Great idea! Let Sesame Street pay for itself by selling time to those genius Mad Avenue hucksters so they can drench our young kids with their mind-numbing commercials.
From those wonderful people who brought you the late night sex toy commercials.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
punishment (Jul '15) 1 hr 2manynuts 6
Dancers showclub (Mar '13) 14 hr Fool isnt the word 19
Poll Which Indiana city/town should claim Tony Stewart? (Feb '08) 16 hr Boy from Homer 40
News Odor complaints flood Hamilton County, Indianap... Jul 22 Lavon Affair 2
News Pence: I'll campaign for Trump anywhere, anytime Jul 22 PURIM PARTY 30
Know anybody with rare, old coins/currency? Jul 22 wizard of ZOG 2
Spiro Agnew (Nov '14) Jul 22 agnew legacy 8

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages