Murder victim was answering Craigslist ad

Dec 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTHR-TV Indianapolis

A husband and father answering an online ad for an iPad is the latest victim of deadly violence in Indianapolis.

Comments
21 - 40 of 56 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2013

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier_Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
They also have the entitlement mentality.
I hate that sense of entitlement. That "you owe me" mentality.
Thats The Truth

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Duchess 29631 wrote:
Very interesting. And due to media coverage, we hear about more crime than back.in the day. But thugs are bolder, no mercy mentality.
Criminals have always been bold and have always possessed a merciless attitude. Nothing new. Not even amongst criminals of all skin complexions. Of course,I'm not speaking to any reasoned individuals here. I'm speaking amongst a group of crazed shut-ins looking to exploit any and all opportunities to justify their racism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier_Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
They are also senseless. These guys killed someone and didn't even take his money. Just plain crazy.
I didn't realize that his money wasn't taken! Why then was this man killed? For what?

Since: Jan 11

Ingalls, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Duchess 29631 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't realize that his money wasn't taken! Why then was this man killed? For what?
It was mentioned in the article I posted on hear earlier. I assume they killed him for the money but then decided they better take off and didn't have time to get it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier_Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
It was mentioned in the article I posted on hear earlier. I assume they killed him for the money but then decided they better take off and didn't have time to get it.
Oops. Just read it. Sorry. Still unbelievable. In an apartment complex parking lot. But, what can be done? Other than either not buying from the site, or as you stated previously, meeting in the middle of mall. Nothing is safe.
In Reality

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

My Two Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
First off,let me preface my comment by saying I do not blame the victim at all.
Well,the transaction happened in a parking lot. Granted,while it it's a parking lot.There are not a lot of eyeballs and people wandering the parking lot of an apartment complex. Even in subdivisions,most residents don't have their eyes planted against their windows constantly looking outside. Even if they did,that's no guarantee of safety. Just ask the ghost of Kitty Genovese. Ya know,back in the good old days.
There are plenty of places to meet for a Craigslist sale,at least for the sale of smaller items anyway. One can meet inside a Starbucks,Burger King,et al. If the seller or buyer is unwilling to accommodate such a request,consider their reluctance a red flag and summarily move on.
Yes,he carried a gun. This is also proof that carrying a gun does not always make you any safer. The element of surprise is more powerful than a gun. That's fact, not opinion.
Having said that. Every time you get in a car you're taking a risk. It's too bad one must be cautious and enter into--what was once a mundane act--with much trepidation.
I refuse to allow these acts to cause me to become a scared shut-in. Again,crime is nothing new. In the good old days of the 50's,60's,70's crime was just as rampant and occurred in the "safe" neighborhoods. There are countless news articles from the days of the Indianapolis News and Star where women were raped when a perpetrator entered their automobile thru an unlocked door while stopped at a traffic light. There are numerous instances of early morning newspaper carriers never being heard or seen from again.
It's interesting how dramatic the public NOW reacts to crime.
Crime will always be with us. It has always been with us. Ever heard of Pogues Run that runs beneath the city of Indianapolis? He met an early demise. Back in the good old days.
I challenge anyone to show me the proof that in the 1950s we had teenagers committing murder each and every day in this city. There has alway been crime, but the brutality and lack of regard for human life is growing worse by the week.
In Reality

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Thats The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Criminals have always been bold and have always possessed a merciless attitude. Nothing new. Not even amongst criminals of all skin complexions. Of course,I'm not speaking to any reasoned individuals here. I'm speaking amongst a group of crazed shut-ins looking to exploit any and all opportunities to justify their racism.
Yes, because it is only in our racist imaginations that African American teenagers are responsible for the majority of this type of crime in our city. I see your point.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Your on the wrong site if you want reality.
In Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge anyone to show me the proof that in the 1950s we had teenagers committing murder each and every day in this city. There has alway been crime, but the brutality and lack of regard for human life is growing worse by the week.
Gone Golfing!

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

The issue is they have no male in their life and when they get older they continue the cycle by having unprotected sex. Our only hope Is for them to kill each other in gang warfare!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

This is such a sad story. It's sickening. Bless this family.
Guy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Black thugs kill an innocent family man. Where is Jesse and Al? Where is Obama talking about his son's?

This was a HATE CRIME! Two little punk a$$ dirty ghetto rats out to make a buck and kill a totally innocent man.

It's too bad the victim didn't get a chance to unload his 45 into their worthless a$$e$.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Judged:

It is too bad he didn't get the opportunity to unload a few rounds.

“www.mug-mouth.co m”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Judged:

I guess the moral of this story is, don't shop for sex on craigslist....or on the internet... I think I will move to Amsterdam.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Judged:

Please, of all the subjects on Indianapolis Topix, don't make fun of this one. A young man is dead trying to purchase a Christmas gift for the parents. He was a father, husband, son. A soldier. May he rest in peace.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Judged:

Guy wrote:
Black thugs kill an innocent family man. Where is Jesse and Al? Where is Obama talking about his son's?
This was a HATE CRIME!
Where is? His son's?

If you spent half as much time studying hooked on phonics as you do worrying about black thugs you'll be a happier person. By the way, do you even know what a hate crime is? There is nothing to suggest that this is a hate crime.

Since: Jan 11

Ingalls, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Mug-Mouth wrote:
I guess the moral of this story is, don't shop for sex on craigslist....or on the internet... I think I will move to Amsterdam.
This had nothing to do with sex on craigslist.
Huh

Pearisburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Ni$$ers you have been warned. Now in the coming months you will see the consequences of your actions. Dont cry now its too late. You brung this on yourselves.
The Truth

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Anyone who says this isn't about race needs a reality check. This is all about race. It's about the culture many blacks embrace when they feel society owes them something. It's about the selfishness, greed and inconsideration that is inherent in that culture.

Blacks who are productive members of society and good neighbors and citizens work toward the common good. They are the minority within their own race. The rest are sub-human animals who place nothing above themselves and use violence and mayhem to further their own status with themselves.

Obviously, they are of lower intelligence and their reasoning skills are equal to those of simians. That's evident in the way they, without rational thought, murder their own kind and anyone who possesses something they want.

Now a child is left without a father and a wife is left to grieve. Even though the two sub-human pieces of waste are in custody, they won't pay the price that they exacted from the victim.

While the actual crime may not be race-related, the big picture issue is all about race.

The day will come, hopefully soon, when civil war will break out in the United States. One one side, those people, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, etc.) who want to be safe walking down their own streets. On the other, those who feel they are above the law and who only seek to satisfy their own primitive desires.

When that day comes, we need to be relentless and as unforgiving as these animals have been to their latest victim.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
The victim was targeted because he was known to have money and the suspects thought that he was an easy mark, it had nothing to do with race.
Oh really? I seemed to have missed that piece of information. Would you mind showing me the evidence that what you say is a fact and not your opinion?
velogeezer

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Duchess 29631 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't realize that his money wasn't taken! Why then was this man killed? For what?
My guess is that they didn't set out kill him They probably were going to beat him up and take the money. He probably resisted or went for his gun so they shot him then panicked and ran. Moral of the story: Don't go for your gun if someone has the drop on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Indianapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Indianapolis News, Events & Info