Murder victim was answering Craigslis...

Murder victim was answering Craigslist ad

There are 56 comments on the WTHR-TV Indianapolis story from Dec 6, 2013, titled Murder victim was answering Craigslist ad. In it, WTHR-TV Indianapolis reports that:

A husband and father answering an online ad for an iPad is the latest victim of deadly violence in Indianapolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV Indianapolis.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
In Reality

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Dec 6, 2013
Do you remember when there was a pizza delivery man getting robbed nearly every night in Indy? Have you heard of it happening since one of the delivery drivers used a handgun to defended himself during a robbery attempt? This guy was likely trying to get a good deal on a Christmas gift for one of his children, and the "city scum" took advantage. Now he is dead. Maybe it is time to start "responding" to some Craigslist ads, if you know what I mean. To all of you piece of shit Craigslist thieves and thugs, you have to ask yourself, "do I feel lucky?", well, do ya?
Truth

Portland, IN

#3 Dec 6, 2013
It was two black brothers that killed a innocent white man. Will there be a million man march for this man that served his country and was a productive member of society. It's very sad. I'm sick of seeing everyday blacks murdering and robbing innocent white victims. It whites were doing this to blacks they have NAACP, obama , al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and who knows who else.
Linda Bledsoe

United States

#4 Dec 6, 2013
This is just another in a long line of examples of black racism in Indianapolis. The scumbag blacks decided to kill for a couple hundred bucks and they wonder why they are hated.
In Reality

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Dec 6, 2013
This article prompted me to do a Google search. All you have to do is search "Craigslist Robbery", and you will see that anyone who goes to meet a buyer, or a seller, without carrying a firearm, is an idiot.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Dec 6, 2013
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
The scumbag blacks decided to kill for a couple hundred bucks and they wonder why they are hated.
The victim was targeted because he was known to have money and the suspects thought that he was an easy mark, it had nothing to do with race.

Your hatred of blacks has nothing to do with these scumbags, you're just a hateful person in general.
Duchess

Spiceland, IN

#7 Dec 6, 2013
Just stop doing business via Craigslist. It's not safe!
Jessica

Western Springs, IL

#8 Dec 6, 2013
When you decide to emphasize the race of the victims and offenders, you only perpetuate the problem. This is not a reflection on race. This is a reflection of a contructed society.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#9 Dec 6, 2013
You are not allowed to say black when it is connected to crime or they will call you a racist.
Truth wrote:
It was two black brothers that killed a innocent white man. Will there be a million man march for this man that served his country and was a productive member of society. It's very sad. I'm sick of seeing everyday blacks murdering and robbing innocent white victims. It whites were doing this to blacks they have NAACP, obama , al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and who knows who else.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#10 Dec 6, 2013
If you need to be armed to proceed with a transaction, perhaps you should think twice. Or, if one of the people involved is named " Tyrone".
Hoosier_Vet

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Dec 6, 2013
In Reality wrote:
This article prompted me to do a Google search. All you have to do is search "Craigslist Robbery", and you will see that anyone who goes to meet a buyer, or a seller, without carrying a firearm, is an idiot.
He was carrying a firearm. The two punks took off without taking it or the cash.
right

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Dec 6, 2013
DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>You are not allowed to say black when it is connected to crime or they will call you a racist.
Why are you answering yourself? Again?
Hoosier_Vet

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Dec 6, 2013
http://www.wthr.com/story/24154370/2013/12/06...

This article mentions Vester having a handgun on his person.
Eylyis

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Dec 6, 2013
Duchess wrote:
Just stop doing business via Craigslist. It's not safe!
Good idea. Let's shut down CraigsList...it would put an end to abusing and profiting off of animals, too!

Location hidden

#15 Dec 6, 2013
So, where then is it safe to engage in a Craigslist transaction? He was in public, correct? And if an armed man is not safe then who is?
Hoosier_Vet

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Dec 6, 2013
Duchess 29631 wrote:
So, where then is it safe to engage in a Craigslist transaction? He was in public, correct? And if an armed man is not safe then who is?
He was at there apartment complex. I can't monday morning quarterback the guy. Maybe the middle of the mall would be about the only place I would meet someone. Even saying that, I believe it is best to see what you can get on Amazon or Ebay. You might pay more but don't have the risk.

Location hidden

#17 Dec 6, 2013
Hoosier_Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
He was at there apartment complex. I can't monday morning quarterback the guy. Maybe the middle of the mall would be about the only place I would meet someone. Even saying that, I believe it is best to see what you can get on Amazon or Ebay. You might pay more but don't have the risk.
Well, yes, the middle of the mall might be better. But if the intent is there, to rob, no where is safe. I am so disgusted by this story. A young man with a one year old. It breaks my heart. Something has to give. The thug mentality must be stopped.
My Two Cents

Anderson, IN

#18 Dec 6, 2013
Duchess 29631 wrote:
First off,let me preface my comment by saying I do not blame the victim at all.

Well,the transaction happened in a parking lot. Granted,while it it's a parking lot.There are not a lot of eyeballs and people wandering the parking lot of an apartment complex. Even in subdivisions,most residents don't have their eyes planted against their windows constantly looking outside. Even if they did,that's no guarantee of safety. Just ask the ghost of Kitty Genovese. Ya know,back in the good old days.

There are plenty of places to meet for a Craigslist sale,at least for the sale of smaller items anyway. One can meet inside a Starbucks,Burger King,et al. If the seller or buyer is unwilling to accommodate such a request,consider their reluctance a red flag and summarily move on.

Yes,he carried a gun. This is also proof that carrying a gun does not always make you any safer. The element of surprise is more powerful than a gun. That's fact, not opinion.

Having said that. Every time you get in a car you're taking a risk. It's too bad one must be cautious and enter into--what was once a mundane act--with much trepidation.

I refuse to allow these acts to cause me to become a scared shut-in. Again,crime is nothing new. In the good old days of the 50's,60's,70's crime was just as rampant and occurred in the "safe" neighborhoods. There are countless news articles from the days of the Indianapolis News and Star where women were raped when a perpetrator entered their automobile thru an unlocked door while stopped at a traffic light. There are numerous instances of early morning newspaper carriers never being heard or seen from again.

It's interesting how dramatic the public NOW reacts to crime.

Crime will always be with us. It has always been with us. Ever heard of Pogues Run that runs beneath the city of Indianapolis? He met an early demise. Back in the good old days.

Since: Jan 11

Greenfield , IN

#19 Dec 6, 2013
Duchess 29631 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, yes, the middle of the mall might be better. But if the intent is there, to rob, no where is safe. I am so disgusted by this story. A young man with a one year old. It breaks my heart. Something has to give. The thug mentality must be stopped.
They also have the entitlement mentality.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 6, 2013
Very interesting. And due to media coverage, we hear about more crime than back.in the day. But thugs are bolder, no mercy mentality.

Since: Jan 11

Greenfield , IN

#21 Dec 6, 2013
Duchess 29631 wrote:
Very interesting. And due to media coverage, we hear about more crime than back.in the day. But thugs are bolder, no mercy mentality.
They are also senseless. These guys killed someone and didn't even take his money. Just plain crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can same-sex marriage make America healthier? 4 hr Prep-for-Dep 22
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) 11 hr kidderjeffrey 135
News Woman who pulled son, 6, into Walmart brawl cha... 16 hr Might be Muckwheat 7
Confederate Flag "Next American Flag" 17 hr Might be Muckwheat 6
Watch wife in skirt in public 18 hr The Zombie 4
Pence is the biggest racist, sexist, and elitis... Mon dave 7
Closing of the Marion County Children's Guardia... (Apr '09) Mon rianne 25
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages