Marsh converting LoBills to 'Hometown...

Marsh converting LoBills to 'Hometown Markets'

There are 34 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 21, 2007, titled Marsh converting LoBills to 'Hometown Markets'. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Marsh Supermarkets has completed the conversion of six more LoBill Foods stores to Marsh Hometown Markets, the company announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
local truckdriver

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jun 24, 2007
No but after getting in off the road i was glad to be able to dash in and get what i needed as it was all nite and close to home. Yeh the produce sucked but you could get milk,bread, and cereal and bacon and lunch meat, then go home across street and slep! lol

“Compassion”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#24 Jun 25, 2007
I don't understand the rap on Marsh produce? The one I shop at is great! Lot's of variety and much better quality than anyone else. The meat and deli is also outstanding. Sounds like they might be inconsistent, but at least at mine, it is very good. It's even better since they remodeled the store. Perhaps your's hasn't been remodeled yet. I say give the new owners a chance to fix what the Marsh Kids broke. At least your dollars there are not giving Wal-Mart more of your paycheck. They get too much as it is.
local truckdriver

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jun 26, 2007
Frodo wrote:
I don't understand the rap on Marsh produce? The one I shop at is great! Lot's of variety and much better quality than anyone else. The meat and deli is also outstanding. Sounds like they might be inconsistent, but at least at mine, it is very good. It's even better since they remodeled the store. Perhaps your's hasn't been remodeled yet. I say give the new owners a chance to fix what the Marsh Kids broke. At least your dollars there are not giving Wal-Mart more of your paycheck. They get too much as it is.
Our marsh was turned into a lobills then closed.But as both stores the produce was not top notch.We considered finding good produce as a matter of luck in that store and had to go elsewhere.
WTF

Winburne, PA

#26 Jul 17, 2007
Old Roy wrote:
We at Walmart are laughing as we watch Marsh's slow and agonizing death we helped to cause.
I don't think you should be speaking for walmart. I don't think the walmart corp would use this kind of unprofessional way of thinking. if you are an employlee of walmart I would make sure no one find out who or where you work I don't think you would be there much longer.
Dispatcher_911

United States

#27 Jul 17, 2007
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you should be speaking for walmart. I don't think the walmart corp would use this kind of unprofessional way of thinking. if you are an employlee of walmart I would make sure no one find out who or where you work I don't think you would be there much longer.
WTF THINKS IT IS THE MODERATOR OF ALL FORUMS. IT IMPOSSES ITS WEAK MINDSET ON EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IT ENCOUNTERS. AGREE WITH THE MIGHTY WTF OR SUFFER ITS VICIOUS "TONGUE LASHING". AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT THE BOYS DOWN AT THE LEATHER BAR SAY. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL WTF AND MARVEL AT ITS MIGHT AND GLORY. ALL BOW BEFORE IT........ JUST MAKE SURE YOUR FACING IT WHEN YOU DO.
WTF

Winburne, PA

#28 Jul 20, 2007
Dispatcher_911 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF THINKS IT IS THE MODERATOR OF ALL FORUMS. IT IMPOSSES ITS WEAK MINDSET ON EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IT ENCOUNTERS. AGREE WITH THE MIGHTY WTF OR SUFFER ITS VICIOUS "TONGUE LASHING". AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT THE BOYS DOWN AT THE LEATHER BAR SAY. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL WTF AND MARVEL AT ITS MIGHT AND GLORY. ALL BOW BEFORE IT........ JUST MAKE SURE YOUR FACING IT WHEN YOU DO.

THAT TOOOOO FUNNY!!!!
Old Roy

Louisville, KY

#30 Jul 21, 2007
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
We at Walmart do not care what you think. We offer cheap crap at cheap prices. The local store is crushed by our buying power. Let them perish, for they are not worthy competition. If you only knew how we are trained you would not make such foolish comments. All hail Sam!!!!!
Old Roy

Louisville, KY

#31 Jul 21, 2007
for he is the creator..............
OKAY

Winburne, PA

#32 Jul 22, 2007
Old Roy wrote:
<quoted text>
We at Walmart do not care what you think. We offer cheap crap at cheap prices. The local store is crushed by our buying power. Let them perish, for they are not worthy competition. If you only knew how we are trained you would not make such foolish comments. All hail Sam!!!!!
If what you say is true makes me not want to shop there..I think I would pay more from a local company that doesn't have the I AM GOD way of thinking. Thanks for the info I will pass this on to all my friends and family..
Oldnewsforward

Peoria, IL

#33 Mar 7, 2014
bwahahahahahahaha
playfully

United States

#34 Mar 7, 2014
What the??
Nasty

Indianapolis, IN

#35 Mar 7, 2014
Congratulations on digging up a 7 year old post.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#36 Mar 8, 2014
Marsh is on their way out. They are down to 45 drivers now from 90. They have gave the milk to an outside carrier. Everything is rented now. Equipment, drivers and warehouse workers no longer work for Marsh.
Nostra Samas

Indianapolis, IN

#37 Mar 8, 2014
That ship sailed and sunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carriage House East Apts (Jun '13) 20 hr The REAL Moon God... 16
Custody attorney Thu Ealj1818 3
Closing of the Marion County Children's Guardia... (Apr '09) Wed Iansane90 35
Bruce Springsteen sucks anyways Wed Ivyawe 7
does pepsi drug test? which type? (Jul '14) Wed Amanda 20
News Local restaurant included in statewide money la... Wed ok 3
islam- I slaughter like a madman Wed The REAL Moon God... 2

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance