Marsh converting LoBills to 'Hometown Markets'

Marsh Supermarkets has completed the conversion of six more LoBill Foods stores to Marsh Hometown Markets, the company announced today. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mad as Hell

San Diego, CA

#1 Jun 21, 2007
What a lousy article! It doesn't explain why these markets were being converted, or what (if any) noticeable changes there will be between the old markets and new markets.
uhm yea

Arlington, VA

#2 Jun 21, 2007
my mom is a manager @ marsh... they were bought out by another corporation last year... there have been talks of closing the stores, but instead, have been reducing hours, bonuses, etc.
Jerry

Enfield, CT

#3 Jun 21, 2007
uhm yea wrote:
my mom is a manager @ marsh... they were bought out by another corporation last year... there have been talks of closing the stores, but instead, have been reducing hours, bonuses, etc.
When did Marsh have bonuses to begin with. They have always been decidedly lower paid than their Kroger (and union) counterparts.
Old Roy

Lexington, KY

#4 Jun 21, 2007
We at Walmart are laughing as we watch Marsh's slow and agonizing death we helped to cause.
Jay

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jun 21, 2007
The name "CrapShack" must have already been taken.
ljheidel

Smithtown, NY

#6 Jun 21, 2007
Can somebody explain how the Indianapolis Star can run advertising and call it news?
Say What

Fishers, IN

#7 Jun 21, 2007
Old Roy wrote:
We at Walmart are laughing as we watch Marsh's slow and agonizing death we helped to cause.
All I can add to this post is it cant come soon enough. The highest priced supermarket in town with the poorest selection of products, however the stores would make good outlets for second hand stores.
markkus bune

Greenwood, IN

#8 Jun 21, 2007
Usually I shudder at the remarkable cynicism in these posts... but I gotta agree in this instance. It's a crap article.
Muncie Democrat

Plainfield, IN

#9 Jun 21, 2007
I hate Marsh supermarkets! About the only choice here in Muncie. They s_ck! Half of the store is "Marsh" brand crap!

LoBills is the pits. I wouldn't buy dog food there! Hope they all go out of business.

Bring in Krogers or someone else.

Since: Apr 07

Arlin, TX

#10 Jun 21, 2007
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Marsh have bonuses to begin with. They have always been decidedly lower paid than their Kroger (and union) counterparts.
Hey, are you working for the union? The union tells folks what they do for the employees, but truth be told, McDonald's pays more than union stores such as Kroger. UFCW is only good for one thing and that is to give the union officials in a job.
Jodi

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jun 21, 2007
According to the article, "Marsh now has 82 Marsh Supermarkets, 16 LoBill Foods and six O’Malia’s Food Markets in Indiana and Ohio."

Let's see what the count is a year from now. Blame the Vulture Capitalists from Florida.
hmmm

Louisville, KY

#12 Jun 21, 2007
Gotta tell you. I love the Marsh where I live. If you live in a crappy town, you probably have a crappy Marsh. Mine has a great selection. By the way, my husband in management for Sunbeam Bread. Do you know that many "name brand" companies repackage their products for stores so that they can have their name on it. You can't seriously think they package all the "Marsh" brand products in their warehouse. Are you serious?
sold on marsh

West Newton, IN

#14 Jun 21, 2007
The Marsh store in our town is head and shoulders above the other big name stores (Krogers and Meijer) because of appearance and staff. Employees are nicer and the store is way cleaner than Kroger!! Kroger employees act like they are doing you a favor by selling you high priced items! Give me Marsh any day, at least in my town.
from the burg

Kurtz, IN

#15 Jun 21, 2007
The 2 Greensburg stores were not mentioned.....both of the LoBill stores here are now Marsh Hometown Markets, too.
I hope that Marsh prospers under new management. WalMart gets too much of everyone's money!
hmmm

Louisville, KY

#16 Jun 21, 2007
Urine Asso wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are just kidding, ya little faggotT
I avoid Walmart at all costs...have you seen these places? I fear for my life everytime I enter their doors!
local truckdriver

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jun 21, 2007
Too bad they closed our "ghetto foods" as we caled the lobills at sherman and washington streets here in indy.It definitly wasnt much. Helll the assit manager got electrocuted in the men's restroom! but is was better than nothing. of course you had to go elsewhere for some of your groceries because their produce was crap!They want our money in this area but wont give us anything decent.i would like to see them all go broke and give us small stores which at least had some stuff and service.
Jake

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Jun 21, 2007
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true. I am 18 now, but when i was 16-17 i worked for the Marsh in Irvington and the Kroger at Washington Square. Kroger pays much less and takes out union dues. A lot of weeks I made less than minimum wage BEFORE any taxes were taken out.

Kroger i an evil corporation. My friend worked there and only worked 1 day this one week, his check had 5 hours on it and it was like $5.50 because of union dues. And its a closed shop, union isn't optional

SPM

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, Indiana

#20 Jun 22, 2007
Wish they had kept the LowBills in my neighborhood open. Tried going to the local Marsh and found that for the same food my bill jumped almost $75 plus each week. Now, I shop at Aldi's and Save a lot.
Glad to out of Naptown

AOL

#21 Jun 24, 2007
local truckdriver wrote:
Too bad they closed our "ghetto foods" as we caled the lobills at sherman and washington streets here in indy.It definitly wasnt much. Helll the assit manager got electrocuted in the men's restroom! but is was better than nothing. of course you had to go elsewhere for some of your groceries because their produce was crap!They want our money in this area but wont give us anything decent.i would like to see them all go broke and give us small stores which at least had some stuff and service.
That was the best move they could have done.....that store was dangerous nothing but a gang infested drug hang out and infested with roaches...course if you fit in one of those catagories then I bet you do miss it.I am so glad I got out of the hell hole call Naptown and the idiots that live there.
Glad to be out of Naptown

AOL

#22 Jun 24, 2007
Muncie Democrat wrote:
I hate Marsh supermarkets! About the only choice here in Muncie. They s_ck! Half of the store is "Marsh" brand crap!
LoBills is the pits. I wouldn't buy dog food there! Hope they all go out of business.
Bring in Krogers or someone else.
Our LoBill/Marsh in Connersville is a very nice store with a good selection yes some things may be higher priced but when you compare it to walmart or kroger it seems to not matter so much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Brown screams Mr Wilson 3 hr Dave 3
Northwest side homeowner shot; Looking for suspect 3 hr jack 1
Could Terry Curry Be 1st Democratic 2-Term Pros... 4 hr Dave 2
jack cottey deceased 4 hr Dave 10
K-mart's shutting down 17 hr jack 20
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 17 hr Learn to Read 305
William montez 19 hr Mr Wu 4
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis Jobs