WRTV to try late-evening newscast

WRTV to try late-evening newscast

There are 93 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 6, 2007, titled WRTV to try late-evening newscast. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

WRTV , which trails its rival stations in the local newscast ratings, is shaking things up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

The Meteorologist

United States

#62 Aug 6, 2007
harvey wrote:
Kevin Gregory is their real star. I don't watch their news but I flip over for the weather unless Crystal Wicker is on. Can't stand her accent.
K. Gregory is MUCH better than Chris Wright or Angela Buchman. Does Bob McClain still work for 6? He seems to pop up about once every 3-4 months.
I won't contest your comments about Chris Wright, but don't you want your weather readers to know something about the weather? Kevin Gregory is ignorant in this department. Give me someone with an actual meteorology degree or a hot weatherbabe (Angela, Crystal, et al.), not some buffoon living off his father's last name.
TV viewer

Auburn Hills, MI

#63 Aug 6, 2007
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
PROFESSIONAL on Ch. 13? For the most part, I agree. However, the moronic, dumbed-down pieces that Dave MacAnally (sp?) puts on ther are so bad they are embarrassing. Every time he shows up and does a reenactment/demonstration of something like mailing your taxes from the post office, I want to throw up I am so embarrassed for him, the station and all mankind.
What's sad is that he doesn't need to use that crap as a crutch...he could actually do good reporting and keep his and the station's credibility.
Marlee Ginter on Ch. 8 is another one who walks, talks, points, and stands in empty parking lots/streets to make up for the fact that she can't report a story to save her life without some sort of phony "visual enhancement." Apparently, Ch. 8 loves her though, but I turn her off every chance I get.
Yesssssss

Bowling Green, KY

#64 Aug 6, 2007
Yessss, I agee ... hire Angela Buchman and put her in tight pants. She is sooooooo awesome and lucious.
michael savage

United States

#65 Aug 6, 2007
MOO MOO wrote:
<quoted text>
She is getting the he## out of that last place ratings loser and property tax he**
Good for her.
As far as wide screen, go to any restaurant buffet in Indianapolis, and you would need a 103 inch plasma to fit some of those corn fed Hoosiers in those places.
cornfed? i didnt know eating corn made you fat. what an idiotic statement that was.
michael savage

United States

#66 Aug 6, 2007
Kokomike wrote:
"In my opinion,Channel 6 news has not been all that great since Howard Caldwell and Clyde Lee were around. I switched to Channel 13 a long time ago for local news."
Don't forget Dionne Willis!
why did dionne and clyde leave anyway and where did they go? anybody know?

“"Downtown Indy Traffic Sucks!"”

Since: May 07

Indianapolis

#68 Aug 6, 2007
COME BACK CLYDE AND DIANE!!!!!!!
Al Pittman

Murray, KY

#69 Aug 6, 2007
Channel 6 full time "news" channel on cable is a total dissaster, it is nothing but ads for their regular shows and commercials, very little "news", this is the very reasons I don't watch any news on 6 at all and I will continue to do so.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#70 Aug 6, 2007
Wallace and Shepard? Dagnabit, I thought it was supposed to be Wallace and Grommit.

If WRTV was seriously wanting to compete, maybe they'd find a way to do weekend A.M. broadcasts instead of filling with other junk.
coolchicky

Cincinnati, OH

#71 Aug 6, 2007
At least 6 is doin better than 59. Who still watches Fox 59 on here anyway???
dan

Fort Wayne, IN

#72 Aug 6, 2007
I think Marlee Ginter left town. Jeane Coakley is nice to look at.
indystars

Peru, IN

#73 Aug 6, 2007
England Tone wrote:
There is CH6 news? I'm sorry but the only news I'll watch is on CH13 NBC and I'll read the rest from various websites. Only CH13 seems to have that professional feeling, the rest are like amateurs. However if you want real news you need to watch BBC world news.
Sounds like a wthr employee - All Indiana-no-place local newscasts are second rate -- I get all my news on the web. TV suks - Do not even have cable - Waste of 50 bucks a month
indystars

Peru, IN

#74 Aug 6, 2007
Renee Larson wrote:
COME BACK CLYDE AND DIANE!!!!!!!
TWO american kids doing the best they can
flip

Fort Wayne, IN

#75 Aug 6, 2007
The Meteorologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't contest your comments about Chris Wright, but don't you want your weather readers to know something about the weather? Kevin Gregory is ignorant in this department. Give me someone with an actual meteorology degree or a hot weatherbabe (Angela, Crystal, et al.), not some buffoon living off his father's last name.
He seems to have the meteorology training according to his profile. Ronald Reagan may not have been a lifelong politician but he sure knew how to present things. Kevin G. presents it better than the other tv weather people.
Channel flipper

Indianapolis, IN

#76 Aug 6, 2007
I flip around a lot, but Channel 6 does have good news.
The Franchise

Saint Cloud, FL

#77 Aug 6, 2007
They need to hire Mike Ahern out of retirement. Even Mike has his price.
Amazed

Indianapolis, IN

#78 Aug 6, 2007
the dud wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, don't worry when you get to that age you'll be lucky if you are not wearing depends and being an early worm.
Maybe by then, I will think of 7pm as "late evening"...until then, 7pm is nowhere near late evening.
The Truth

Anderson, IN

#79 Aug 6, 2007
Amen wrote:
<quoted text>This is one of the best posts I've ever read among the numbskulls who inhabit Talkback. Congratulations for articulating so well. And Martha Weaver was one of the nicest, dearest people I've ever met in the news business. She was filled with inner beauty.
I cannot agree with you more. A few years ago, Martha was kind enough to purchase some handbags that my wife designed/made. I took the opportunity to hand deliver them with my 7 year old daughter to the station myself around 8pm on a weeknight. Martha was incredibly gracious and took the opportunity to show my daughter and I around the station, the news room, the studio (invited my daughter to sit in the anchor chair!). She introduced us to every single reporter and person on the floor. All this while she was wearing a walking boot on her broken foot!

She bought enough bags to give as gifts to what must have been all of her friends and family.

The ONLY thing about her that is more beautiful than her is her personality and spirit. I already miss her combination of drop dead gorgeous looks, professionalism and down-home Midwestern personality.

Indy lost a great one folks.
The Truth

Anderson, IN

#80 Aug 6, 2007
michael savage wrote:
<quoted text>
why did dionne and clyde leave anyway and where did they go? anybody know?
If you do an internet search on their names, you'll see they got married, left the station and started their own PR, media relations and corporate communications firm. I think they're doing ok with it. Very professional website.
lol

Delaware, OH

#81 Aug 6, 2007
blah, liberal news media with negative reporting, blah
pacers101

Independence, KY

#82 Aug 6, 2007
I like Ericka. I think she's hot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indiana Loosiers 5 hr Latte 5
Does Brexit signal to the world that Trump will... 16 hr The Real Source 7
Phony Pulse Shooting 17 hr The Real Source 1
The Pulse Club false flag 17 hr The Real Source 1
donald trump will be president and deportations... Tue DAVE 50CENTS 1
Vicki walters Mon Citizen 99 2
Stop Illegals and Globalization Vote Trump Now!!! Jun 27 The Real Source 2

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance