Vote no to the Franklin Township refe...

Vote no to the Franklin Township referendum

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

First Prev
of 173
Next Last
mom

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2009
Franklin Township homeowners already pay to way much in taxes!
FT Resident

Morton Grove, IL

#2 Oct 3, 2009
Please make every effort to go voting on Nov 3. In a time where many folks living in our township are losing their homes, the FT school want to tax us another $0.50 on every $100 of assessed value for their general funds! they claim they will lose teachers if they don't. What they don't like to admit unless pushed is that the general fund pays for their raises which they will not give up till the economy gets better! How about they give up those for the sake of not laying off teachers. As for transportation needs, Please! use less buses and put more children on them. My child's bus has 12 kids on it. The child may come home 5 min later, but that is a small price to pay compared to keeping our homes. Great private schools in our south side area cost between $3000 to $7500. It cost us over $10,000 for one child in our public schools. They need to cut expenses like all of us are and live within their budget. Please VOTE to keep property tax at 1% NOT 1.5%- Farmers will even be hit harder they are already at 3%
franklin twnp resident

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Oct 9, 2009
Please go out and vote this November 3rd. Don't allow these money hungry people to raise our taxes so they benefit their own pockets. If this referendum passes, this will only be the beginning of the increase in taxes, they will continue to increase our taxes especially when they are saying that Wannamaker needs fixing or replacing. I live in franklin township and have seen the effect of high taxes on hard working citizens. People continue to lose their homes due to the outrageous tax rate now. We need the 1% break, we don't need and cannot afford any type of increase. Voting is at Adams Elementary, Thompson Crossing and Kitley. It is very important to go out and vote NO, otherwise they will pass it.
mom2

Ingalls, IN

#4 Oct 11, 2009
I love the way the Bourke likes to threaten about taking away bus service, lawn service for the schools, etc...That helped me make up my mind to vote the big NO! I don't like threats. I hope they find a replacement for him. Mr. Carver would have never acted this way. He had class, though.

“Social Media Marketing Pro”

Since: Oct 09

Indianapolis

#5 Oct 11, 2009
FT Resident wrote:
Please make every effort to go voting on Nov 3. In a time where many folks living in our township are losing their homes, the FT school want to tax us another $0.50 on every $100 of assessed value for their general funds! they claim they will lose teachers if they don't. What they don't like to admit unless pushed is that the general fund pays for their raises which they will not give up till the economy gets better! How about they give up those for the sake of not laying off teachers. As for transportation needs, Please! use less buses and put more children on them. My child's bus has 12 kids on it. The child may come home 5 min later, but that is a small price to pay compared to keeping our homes. Great private schools in our south side area cost between $3000 to $7500. It cost us over $10,000 for one child in our public schools. They need to cut expenses like all of us are and live within their budget. Please VOTE to keep property tax at 1% NOT 1.5%- Farmers will even be hit harder they are already at 3%
Sound advise, more taxes isn't helping balance the budget. It is just compounding the problem. Sounds like the administration is a bit top heavy and if this continues you will see more homes vacant and less revenue in the future.
Let's stimulate the local economy and make better choices for our children.
http://ColtsCountryHomes.com
momm

Ingalls, IN

#6 Oct 13, 2009
My child goes to one of the middle schools and tells me that the teachers are always talking about how the school doesn't have enough money for this and for that. They used to get a free dessert at lunch for a reward if they did something good. They don't give those anymore because they cannot afford it?? Oh come on. Really, how much can one cookie or one little brownie cost? As much as we pay for lunch and book rental, PTO, etc...They are trying to even fool the kids into believing all this stuff. This is really sad Mr. Superintendent.
exactly

Ingalls, IN

#7 Oct 13, 2009
VOTE NO!!!! It's not the taxpayers in Franklin Township's fault that a 4 million dollar football stadium was built! It's not our fault that they built many new schools, either! VOTE NO!!! You give a little and they want more, more, more! they didn't ask the taxpayers before they did all of their building so why are they asking for our help and vote now???
Brave Man

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Oct 13, 2009
I am tired of paying taxes and giving donations period. Its this time every year that the kids have to go out and collect money for the school because the principal needs a raise. I swear to all that is good and holly that if this passes i will leave Franklin Township as soon as i possibly can. I like living hear but the most of these politicians act like they came from New York.
FT Resident

Morton Grove, IL

#9 Oct 13, 2009
Please please please make every effort to go and vote NO on Nov 3. Teachers, parents, residents, please look closely at what they are requesting. They are misleading everyone onto thinking that the tax they are asking for amounts to $27 a month for a house assessed at $150,000. They list all of these deductions that are so misleading. By doing this they reflect a best case scenario that assumes that everyone qualifies for all of those deductions at the same time, when the truth is most of us will not! The fact we know now is that the already approved 1% tax cap in 2008 should make our bill $1,500. The additional 0.5%($0.50 on each $100 assessed value). The 0.5% additional they are asking for will add $750 to our anticipated 2008 bill for a total of $2,250. So that is more like an increase of $62.5 each month! This is a lot of money to ask for. They have a huge PAC and a large group that they are pushing to vote for them. Thank you so much!
Teaparty

Morton Grove, IL

#10 Oct 14, 2009
I am glad someone has posted our concerns on the internet. Can more tags be added so that Google can more easily find this page? History tells us that one of the reasons the Roman Empire disintegrated was because of taxes! I guess those who do not learn from it are doomed to repeat it, as the old saying goes!
Nike

United States

#11 Oct 14, 2009
JUST SAY NO FOLKS!!!
Dad

United States

#12 Oct 16, 2009
I will be voting No. I am tired of the threats! They can never have enough! They just need to learn to adjust to make it on less like the rest of us
Dad2

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 20, 2009
You who are voting no don't understand the problem. FT's funding is going to be cut because of the 1% property tax cap. No one is asking you to pay more taxes than you are now, just a little more than you will be paying in 2011, which is STILL OVER 100% LESS than you currently pay.

Don't you care about your kids' education?

Such uninformed people...
Frustrated Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Oct 20, 2009
Have any of you ever looked at the FTCSC budget?
If you haven't then you have no right to have a negative opinion on the matter.
The state is cutting our school funding, and our kids are going to suffer because of it. The school is simply trying to afford our exponentially growing population as the pool of money gets smaller and smaller.
Oh, and if you looked at the budgets from years past, you would see that Dr. Bourke came into the school to a gigantic debt that was caused by the previous adminstration (including Dr. Carver). The current administration is merely trying to fix those problems.

Cut out some of the things that you know you don't need and help support the next generation. By voting no, you're only making things worse for our kids. Great job everyone.
Frustrated Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Oct 20, 2009
Brave Man wrote:
I am tired of paying taxes and giving donations period. Its this time every year that the kids have to go out and collect money for the school because the principal needs a raise. I swear to all that is good and holly that if this passes i will leave Franklin Township as soon as i possibly can. I like living hear but the most of these politicians act like they came from New York.
1. The principal is not getting a raise.
2. Its holy, not holly.
3. Leave now, we dont want your stupidity here.
Frustrated Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Oct 20, 2009
exactly wrote:
VOTE NO!!!! It's not the taxpayers in Franklin Township's fault that a 4 million dollar football stadium was built! It's not our fault that they built many new schools, either! VOTE NO!!! You give a little and they want more, more, more! they didn't ask the taxpayers before they did all of their building so why are they asking for our help and vote now???
1.The football stadium was built on a bond. You didn't pay a dime for it. If you dont know what a bond is, look it up, maybe you'll learn something.
2.How long have you lived here? Have you noticed how much Franklin Township has grown in the past 10 years? All of that new construction was necessary... all of the new schools are almost full already. Without the new schools, where would you like to put all of those kids?
Frustrated Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Oct 20, 2009
franklin twnp resident wrote:
Please go out and vote this November 3rd. Don't allow these money hungry people to raise our taxes so they benefit their own pockets. If this referendum passes, this will only be the beginning of the increase in taxes, they will continue to increase our taxes especially when they are saying that Wannamaker needs fixing or replacing. I live in franklin township and have seen the effect of high taxes on hard working citizens. People continue to lose their homes due to the outrageous tax rate now. We need the 1% break, we don't need and cannot afford any type of increase. Voting is at Adams Elementary, Thompson Crossing and Kitley. It is very important to go out and vote NO, otherwise they will pass it.
The referendum is NOT increasing taxes. You are still going to get the cut to your property taxes. Let's say right now you pay 20%... instead of that being cut to 1%, it is going to be cut to 1.5%. Get it now?
Frustrated Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Oct 20, 2009
mom2 wrote:
I love the way the Bourke likes to threaten about taking away bus service, lawn service for the schools, etc...That helped me make up my mind to vote the big NO! I don't like threats. I hope they find a replacement for him. Mr. Carver would have never acted this way. He had class, though.
He's not threatening, he's stating facts. Way to go lady... get rid of our buses, that's a brilliant idea. You sound like a child who's mad that her mom won't let her have dessert b/c she didnt finish her dinner. Grow up.
Frustrated Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Oct 20, 2009
Nike wrote:
JUST SAY NO FOLKS!!!
Just in case you don't remember... this is a slogan for drugs, not your children's education.
FT Employee

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Oct 21, 2009
What about the jobs that could be cut if the referendum doesn't pass. I don't like the idea of a tax increase to keep my job, but I need my job or I'll lose my home. Long story short, you're paying a little bit and still saving so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 173
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump bluff on White House tapes wasn’t just di... 6 hr Another Trump Fail 1
After Trump "deal", layoffs set to begin next m... 6 hr Reminder 2
Evergreen State College 6 hr Please Get Help 6
Georgia election 6 hr Please Get Help 2
Looking for older women to have fun with 7 hr True 3
Favorite Places 70s and 80s (Feb '13) 8 hr Kevin D 198
Pool Permit (Jun '11) Wed sad 13

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages