11-year-old accidentally drowns in tub

11-year-old accidentally drowns in tub

There are 106 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 6, 2007, titled 11-year-old accidentally drowns in tub. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

An 11-year-old Danville girl accidentally drowned in a bathtub at her home Friday, the Danville Police Department said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
turtle

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jul 7, 2007
the police need to look into this a little further, in my opinion...
why so negative

Muncie, IN

#3 Jul 7, 2007
my thoughts and prayers go out to this man and the family.what a tragedy
gwjackson

United States

#4 Jul 7, 2007
Why does her name have to be released for the public interest? The relatives want to grieve in private. They probably don't want to see people whisper every where they go about this accident.
A Thinker

Florence, KY

#6 Jul 7, 2007
Indeed a tragedy. Those of us who have children with physical or mental health related challenges try to prevent accidents. My deepest sympathy to all family members.
Reader

Louisville, KY

#7 Jul 7, 2007
This was a Child. Her name does not need to be released. I hope"VERY SAD" does not go thru what the Parents are going thru. but it just shows how insensenitive some people are.
mykidzmom

Greenfield, IN

#8 Jul 7, 2007
PRAYERS AND SYMPATHY TO THIS FAMILY. I JUST LOST MY YOUNG DAUGHTER TO ILLNESS. I PRAY THAT GOD GIVES YOU STRENGTH.
mykidzmom

Greenfield, IN

#9 Jul 7, 2007
Reader wrote:
This was a Child. Her name does not need to be released. I hope"VERY SAD" does not go thru what the Parents are going thru. but it just shows how insensenitive some people are.
VERY SAD NEEDS TO EXPERIENCE WHAT SOME OF US ARE. WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES......YOU WILL KNOW SOON ENOUGH BY READING THE OBIT PAGE.
pud

Jasper, IN

#10 Jul 7, 2007
Very sad wrote:
But for the public's interest, her name has to be released.
HOW DUMN CAN ONE PERSON BE
WCHS parent

United States

#11 Jul 7, 2007
mykidzmom wrote:
<quoted text>VERY SAD NEEDS TO EXPERIENCE WHAT SOME OF US ARE. WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES......YOU WILL KNOW SOON ENOUGH BY READING THE OBIT PAGE.
mykidzmom, please, lower the caps. You are always yelling.

Thank you
IceMountain

Covington, KY

#12 Jul 7, 2007
pud wrote:
<quoted text> HOW DUMN CAN ONE PERSON BE
Considering you spell it "dumb", you tell me.
As an adolescent, her name is kept confidential. Respect the privacy of the family.
sounds suspicious

Danville, IN

#13 Jul 7, 2007
seems very strange--I am wondering iof there isn't more to this story. I hope that no one takes the "accident" story at face value.
Out of IPS

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jul 7, 2007
Very sad wrote:
But for the public's interest, her name has to be released.
Why?
Out of IPS

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jul 7, 2007
The name of the family does not need to be released 'for the public interest." The news is that an 11-yr old accidentally drowned, her family has the right to privacy.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#16 Jul 7, 2007
WCHS parent wrote:
<quoted text>
mykidzmom, please, lower the caps. You are always yelling.
Thank you
I didn't hear a thing. Actually,'yelling' is a vocalization thing, where one speaks loudly. It has no connection whatsoever to the written word. Some dork somewhere came up with this looney-tune idea that typing in all caps was 'yelling'. The truth is, for many decades computers printed out in all-caps and no one ever considered it 'yelling.'

What we need is a term that describes people who are constantly on the lookout for all-caps text so they can complain about it.

Oh, wait, we do have a word. It's 'DORK.'
Very sad

La Vergne, TN

#17 Jul 7, 2007
Names can be withheld while family members are being notified, but need to be released to the public. Obituaries are a family's choice, deaths are a matter of public record.

What IF this child had died from a rare disease? Wouldn't you want to know if your family had been in contact with her?

What if you knew that her father/mother/brother/sister/w homever had threatened her and her death might not be so accidental?

A family only needs to wait 48 hours before cremating someone. If an autopsy was not done right away because it looked like an accident, once you find out about the death 2-3 days later, evidence could be lost.

As sad as it sounds, it IS in the public's best interest to know about all deaths. The authorities can not pick and choose which deaths to inform the public about.
Wilma

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Jul 7, 2007
Pray for this family instead of thinking the worse. Breathing problems can affect anyone at anytime and shut off the air, believe me, I know!
New Palestine

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Jul 7, 2007
How does someone accidently drown in their bathtub at eleven years of age?
Tell the truth

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Jul 7, 2007
How sad, a little after midnight an 11-year-old girl was taking a bath while her younger sister and her father were doing something else.
She is then found dead???-- I presume by the little information being released -- by one or the other survivors. No mention of mother, so I assume there is not one in the home.
But, the name should be released per public records laws. Of course, then the Indy Star would print it since the little gilr did nothing wrong against anyone else nor harmed nobody else. If she had, however, then the Star would withhold the name; even if the police released it.
duh

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Jul 7, 2007
very final destination-ish.
Sss

Bloomington, IN

#23 Jul 7, 2007
New Palestine wrote:
How does someone accidently drown in their bathtub at eleven years of age?
The person in question relaxes in a nice tub of warm water, leans back, and falls asleep. And then while sleeping, their body could relax until the mouth & nose are under water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Racis Matters 3 hr White Man 7
an PLACE of my own 17 hr singlemom3 4
Pence is toast 18 hr Moon Goddess 5
Indy 500 18 hr happened 6
News Indiana U. challenges part of new abortion rest... 21 hr Craig 10
News 2 survive shooting in Eastside home (Oct '07) Wed Moon Goddess 140
News Dalai Lama to address the nation's mayors in In... Wed Moon Goddess 5
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) May 19 kidderjeffrey 150
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages