Fibromyalgia Hoax
Say What

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jun 7, 2018
Never believe a person who claims to have this. They are lying. There is no blood test or X-ray that even confirms the existence of this make believe illness.

People who do not want to work claim to have this fake illness. Social security is going broke with these fake disability claims.
SMH

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 7, 2018
Say What wrote:
Never believe a person who claims to have this. They are lying. There is no blood test or X-ray that even confirms the existence of this make believe illness.

People who do not want to work claim to have this fake illness. Social security is going broke with these fake disability claims.
There is no blood test or x-ray to diagnose a lot of serious illnesses. The diagnosis is made after ruling out other causes and determining that the patient has a specific number of the symptoms. Fibromyalgia is a syndrome that is characterized by widespread pain and sensitivity to touch throughout the body. It is thought that fibro may be caused by stress, genetic flaws, trauma, bacteria infection, or chemical imbalances, but there is no proven research on the actual cause. People with fibromyalgia can have other symptoms that may include disturbed sleep patterns and insomnia, migraines, joint pain, problems concentrating, and irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS. Doctors have no way to actually diagnose the syndrome, so they rely on many tests that rule out other diseases. If, after many weeks of testing, the tests do not show positive for any other disease, the patient is said to have fibromyalgia. There are a few ways that fibro can be controlled and most rely on behavoral changes such as improved diet, exercise, and supplements. There are also several drugs that can be prescribed to minimize the symptoms of fibromyalgia. If a physician diagnoses you with ICD 9 code 729.1, you will have been diagnosed with fibro.

Most fibromyalgia patients are not on disability, they work with chronic pain. I've had it for over ten years and I work full time. I had over $300,000 in medical testing before I was given the fibromyalgia diagnosis. They had eliminated any other cause and I had every one of the symptoms. Until you or someone you care about experiences this devastating illness, you'll never understand. While you're educating yourself, you might try reading up on compassion as well.
Say What

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jun 7, 2018
And I am betting you are female. Hysterical womans disease is what it should actually be called.

Stop the attention seeking behavior and see a therapist.
Manpower

United States

#4 Jun 7, 2018
Say What wrote:
And I am betting you are female. Hysterical womans disease is what it should actually be called.

Stop the attention seeking behavior and see a therapist.
Well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Claims... 7 hr NBH 3
A Simple Truth About Democrats 11 hr Sandra 2
Brian Bosma POS! 15 hr lol 2
Joe Donnelly 17 hr Public RESTROOM T... 7
News Let it Out (May '07) 17 hr nope 287
hoa Mon nope 4
News Indiana takes no action on hate crime legislation Sun exactly 2

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages