Companies are sweetening deals to attract new truck drivers

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#1 Feb 24, 2013
And a water front to sell you in Az. You want to make that $50,000 a year?
How sweet it looks on the outside.

Lets break that $1000 a week job down. If you are married with 2 kids, you can plan on about $250 for
State, federal, city and country taxes. So your pay is down to $750 now. You still have to eat and I will tell you that you can not survive on the road for seven days without food. Lets say you limit your spending to $200 a week for food and other things that you need. Down to $550. How it sound so for for that $50,000 a year job? You will have some down time that you are tempted to spend more. Remember you are working up to 70 hours a week if not more.(Companies will tell you that they want you to run 100% legal but don't believe it).
Then you see the best part of towns. The produce markets. The industrial parts of town. I once took a load to one a town and was told by the dispatcher "Don;t even call in, get out of that town as fast as you can then call us." Then you wife is calling you asking where is all that money that you are making. Of course I advanced to a good driving job, a union job witch everyone of you don't like.
Have fun setting at the truck stop looking for that load. Call me back in an hour and I may have something for you. I found you a load after you set there all day. Your pick up is 300 miles away and you been up all day calling me. No matter you have to be there at 8am so get going. Just mark your log book off duty.
Duchess

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 24, 2013
DavidM wrote:
And a water front to sell you in Az. You want to make that $50,000 a year?
How sweet it looks on the outside.

Lets break that $1000 a week job down. If you are married with 2 kids, you can plan on about $250 for
State, federal, city and country taxes. So your pay is down to $750 now. You still have to eat and I will tell you that you can not survive on the road for seven days without food. Lets say you limit your spending to $200 a week for food and other things that you need. Down to $550. How it sound so for for that $50,000 a year job? You will have some down time that you are tempted to spend more. Remember you are working up to 70 hours a week if not more.(Companies will tell you that they want you to run 100% legal but don't believe it).
Then you see the best part of towns. The produce markets. The industrial parts of town. I once took a load to one a town and was told by the dispatcher "Don;t even call in, get out of that town as fast as you can then call us." Then you wife is calling you asking where is all that money that you are making. Of course I advanced to a good driving job, a union job witch everyone of you don't like.
Have fun setting at the truck stop looking for that load. Call me back in an hour and I may have something for you. I found you a load after you set there all day. Your pick up is 300 miles away and you been up all day calling me. No matter you have to be there at 8am so get going. Just mark your log book off duty.
$200 a week on food? What the heck are you eating? Steak every meal??? God Stella! Moooooooooooo
Let em sit on the couch draw food stamps and watch redneck CMT all day.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3 Feb 24, 2013
Duchess wrote:
<quoted text>
$200 a week on food? What the heck are you eating? Steak every meal??? God Stella! Moooooooooooo
Another Moeism..........

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#4 Feb 24, 2013
I invite you to stop at any truck stop and see their prices. Unless you find a fast food place with truck parking. You don't have much of a choice when you are driving a 70' 80,000 lb truck. This is why most truck drivers only eat two meals a day. How many times have you eat at a truck stop with a full meal? Better let when you are driving your car down the road and have to make a bathroom trip, hold it until you find that place to park that truck.
Duchess wrote:
<quoted text>
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Feb 24, 2013
DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>I invite you to stop at any truck stop and see their prices. Unless you find a fast food place with truck parking. You don't have much of a choice when you are driving a 70' 80,000 lb truck. This is why most truck drivers only eat two meals a day. How many times have you eat at a truck stop with a full meal? Better let when you are driving your car down the road and have to make a bathroom trip, hold it until you find that place to park that truck.
Invest in a Johnny on the spot pee bottle and a fridge to keep sandwiches cold that plugs into the power source. Amazon.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to boycott all black people now!!! (Jul '13) 15 min Alonzo x 14
Madonna songs leak. She fights back. 3 hr Waldo Simmons 1
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? 9 hr Alonzo x 64
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas 14 hr Cmoreblackbutts 15
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... Sat Kelly 7
A Thing To Do in Indianapolis Sat athingtodotoday 1
Xbox 360 Modding/Flashing Service $30.00 (Jul '10) Fri paxson233 20
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web