Prison term for mom of I-465 toddler

Prison term for mom of I-465 toddler

There are 2054 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 18, 2007, titled Prison term for mom of I-465 toddler. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Nancy Dyer is heading to prison today after a judge sentenced the mother in a case brought when her 3-year-old son was found wandering on I-465. Marion Superior Court Judge Lisa Borges gave Dyer, 31, a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Duh

AOL

#28 Sep 18, 2007
Say what wrote:
Where's "TheMommy" and her smug "I know what's going on and she's not going to jail" talk and her insinuations that ND had custody of the new baby? Thankfully these poor children won't have to be subjected to her for at least the next three yrs, and can have a happy, normal life. If she cares about them at all, she'll leave them to be raised in a loving home (which is obviously not with her) even after she's "allowed" to see them again.
TheMommy never said Nancy wouldn't go to jail ... no one knew what the outcome of her sentencing would be. She also never insinuated the baby was in her custody. Guess you'll never get over your ASSumptions and false accusations in these forums. As for not getting her kids back for 3 years, better re-read the story, and maybe have a 10-year-old interpret it for you. I still maintain that Nancy didn't deserve jail. Just my opinion ... go ahead and jump on it if you like.
Duh

AOL

#30 Sep 18, 2007
baby factory wrote:
I wish that with families over a certain size, getting your tubes tied was a condition of receiving welfare checks. This lady is going to keep on spitting out kids she doesn't take care of until menopause takes her out.
Nancy did not receive welfare checks, she has/had a JOB. And you don't know what the future holds any more than the rest of us. Nice try but your predictions mean nothing.
aboutface

Carmel, IN

#31 Sep 18, 2007
I am most concerned about the children. This is a sad case and I hope her children in Indiana do not end up with goofy foster parents that beat them etc......Maybe they will have a chance.
wtf

De Soto, KS

#32 Sep 18, 2007
I am so glad to see justice served! I can live with his sentence and hope Nancy has learned her lesson and will do what's right and gives up her rights to those children so they can live a happy and normal life.

It gets better. Antimidas posted on his site that Nancy's oldest wrote to the judge asking for his own mother to never be released from jail....

http://antimidas.blogspot.com/

"The 16 year old son wrote a letter to the judge explaining that Nancy should never be released. Nancy's father re-iterated his statement that Nancy never abused the children, but was only negligent."

I can't wait to see what Nancy's supporters have to say now, LMAO!
Say What

AOL

#33 Sep 18, 2007
Public Enemy wrote:
YES YES YES!!! I wished she'd gotten more time but I am satisfied. No jury trial which means no more tax money wasted on ND and her short sent will hopefull be enough to get her act together and also lesson the burden on tax payers.
[steps up on soap box]
Eat that Rita. How innocent is she now? Let me guess, she was forced to admit guilt or wrongfully charged?
Rita and the others from H4K and those who supported this poor excuse for a mother, keep your excusses to yourselves.
Yessssss...Well said!
USA

Camby, IN

#34 Sep 18, 2007
"Dyer's public defender, Deborah Joachim, asked for leniency, pointing out that Dyer already had suffered from heavy media attention to the case".

I would like to have been able to read the judges mind when this was requested.

We should all be reimbursed.
Say What

AOL

#35 Sep 18, 2007
Say what wrote:
Where's "TheMommy" and her smug "I know what's going on and she's not going to jail" talk and her insinuations that ND had custody of the new baby? Thankfully these poor children won't have to be subjected to her for at least the next three yrs, and can have a happy, normal life. If she cares about them at all, she'll leave them to be raised in a loving home (which is obviously not with her) even after she's "allowed" to see them again.
Pick another sn, will ya?
Thanks!
Meee

Batavia, OH

#36 Sep 18, 2007
so where are the "honk for kids" people now???
oops

Redwood City, CA

#37 Sep 18, 2007
No Freakin Way wrote:
Can we please get her tubes tied!!!!!
I am a single mother,(working my !@# OFF) and I am really tired of taking care of people like this!
this lady was not a welfare recipient they proved all of that on another forum and she pays child support for the children with her husband
Say What

AOL

#38 Sep 18, 2007
As I said before..she had the baby taken away right after birth.
The judge took account of her previous "mothering" and it played a role in the sentence..as I stated it would.
She will not be getting any kids anytime soon, as I said before.
TheMommy is a big liar and always has been.
Now who has been vindicated in all of this? Say What was always right and themommy was always lying.
Haaaaaaahahaha
Say What

AOL

#40 Sep 18, 2007
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nancy did not receive welfare checks, she has/had a JOB. And you don't know what the future holds any more than the rest of us. Nice try but your predictions mean nothing.
Yes we do know.
She is in prison where she belongs.
She can't see any of her kids, not that she ever wanted to.
The kids will be adopted out soon enough and will live happily ever after.
Too funny..where is Roger? How come he does not have custody of his kids?
Oh yeah, he never will since he is a sex offender.
kls

United States

#41 Sep 18, 2007
1_MEAN_1 wrote:
Does anyone remember the song to the Beverly Hillbillies?
Come listen to a story about a hick and her bed
The warm Mountain Dew barely kept the family fed
And then one day while surfn’ for a male
The cops show up and its time to make the bail
Cash-a-roo that is, empty the trust fund, raid the pop fund.
Now the next thing you know, Nance does the media dance
The kin folk say,“Nance, don’t take off your pants,”
“I know these kids are cheaper by the dozen,
All with different Dads and a few from my cousin.”
The 465 Hillbillies
Oh man, that is so funny. You had us rolling in here. That's her theme song.
with gods help

Indianapolis, IN

#42 Sep 18, 2007
i think with some love and care from a real man this lady and her kids could have a good life. those of us who "have" are always critical of those who "have not" i wish i knew where they are sending her so i could write her and let her know that there are some sympathetic people out here.. "but by the grace of god tho go i" i am so glad glad you all live in glass house and never had a stone cast onto you.
Say What

AOL

#43 Sep 18, 2007
wtf wrote:
I am so glad to see justice served! I can live with his sentence and hope Nancy has learned her lesson and will do what's right and gives up her rights to those children so they can live a happy and normal life.
It gets better. Antimidas posted on his site that Nancy's oldest wrote to the judge asking for his own mother to never be released from jail....
http://antimidas.blogspot.com/
"The 16 year old son wrote a letter to the judge explaining that Nancy should never be released. Nancy's father re-iterated his statement that Nancy never abused the children, but was only negligent."
I can't wait to see what Nancy's supporters have to say now, LMAO!
All her kids will soon forget her and feel the same way as the oldest one.
I'm very satisfied with her sentence.
She will miss the internet more than her kids.
Say What

AOL

#44 Sep 18, 2007
Meee wrote:
so where are the "honk for kids" people now???
Honking their noses in their tissues???
Running for the hills?
Wow

Indianapolis, IN

#45 Sep 18, 2007
That is so sad! What happen to the kids?
Say What

AOL

#46 Sep 18, 2007
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
this lady was not a welfare recipient they proved all of that on another forum and she pays child support for the children with her husband
COrrection..she was not on welfare YET.
She went and applied but it was x-mas season..so she had to wait til the offices opened up.
She would have been on welfare if she did not get caught being negligent.
Yeah right

United States

#48 Sep 18, 2007
TheMommy thrives on being "mysterious" and "cryptic" in order to garner attention to herself. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she has/had Munchausen Syndrome or more likely Munchausen by Proxy. Someone that would take a news story and then impose herself into the lives of the primary "players" in said story, only to go online and brag about what she knows and/or doesn't know has some serious mental problems. Poor pathetic thing. C'mon "mommy", lemme have it. LMFAO

“Single mom of 2”

Since: Feb 07

De Soto, KS

#49 Sep 18, 2007
The mommy did say that Nancy was getting the kids back very soon a few months ago and now the criminal judge ruled to not have any unsupervised visits for 3 years. So how does that work? Since Roger was also working towards getting custody of the kids, what does this do to his case?
Say What

AOL

#50 Sep 18, 2007
TheMommy wrote:
Thank you for being very open and honest about
Oh, you are welcome themommy...I am always open and honest about this case. You, on the other hand, were just proven to be a big, fat, liar.

Even the fact that I stated that she is mentally ill has been proven in court, hence all the psych treatments she has been ordered to undergo.
:))))))))
I think you should follow her into the psych office..you need help too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
StandForHistory 1 hr Trumpedblackracist 1
ObamaKlanther 1 hr Trumpedblackracist 6
If you can't tell the difference between George... 16 hr Reading Is Fundam... 1
TrumpDaMan 16 hr Art of the Deal LOL 2
Should I let my 12 yr old get her nipples pierced? (Dec '08) Wed Beaver eater 97
Gary tharp Wed Buzzzz 3
Interracial blitz Wed TrumpedDeepstate 13

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages