Prison term for mom of I-465 toddler

Nancy Dyer is heading to prison today after a judge sentenced the mother in a case brought when her 3-year-old son was found wandering on I-465. Marion Superior Court Judge Lisa Borges gave Dyer, 31, a ... Full Story
First Prev
of 103
Next Last
Jimmy Buffett

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Sep 18, 2007
She got off the hook! Make an example of this lady, there are more out there just like her, she just got caught being an idiot/horrible parent.
BradF

Pryor, OK

#3 Sep 18, 2007
31 with 6 children and one on the way?
Public Enemy

Plain City, OH

#5 Sep 18, 2007
YES YES YES!!! I wished she'd gotten more time but I am satisfied. No jury trial which means no more tax money wasted on ND and her short sent will hopefull be enough to get her act together and also lesson the burden on tax payers.
[steps up on soap box]
Eat that Rita. How innocent is she now? Let me guess, she was forced to admit guilt or wrongfully charged?
Rita and the others from H4K and those who supported this poor excuse for a mother, keep your excusses to yourselves.
Mauri Rahn

United States

#6 Sep 18, 2007
Well, as long as she stays away from men for a year, she will give her uterus the rest it needs.
I gurantee you this is not the last we will hear from her. She will get knocked up while in prison, so we can see another scandal brewing, right Mitch?
Kiki

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2007
Meanwhile, her children bond with foster families and then get RIPPED out of bonded homes after her probation is finished. I say they got sentenced too. No permanency because of her mistakes. BS if you ask me. Her rights should be stripped.
Just saw her

United States

#8 Sep 18, 2007
I just saw this woman working @ Speedway in Fishers on Sunday evening. There was a line of customers waiting, and she was talking to almost everyone about her kids. It hit me once I was leaving..who she was...wierd experience to say the least. I know it was her, as she had Nancy on her name tag. I hope her and her children get the help they need, and the kids are able to move on from the horrible experience.
Ive got to say it

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Sep 18, 2007
You know its coming....Where were the parents???
Oh, wait a sec...
Seriously

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Sep 18, 2007
TRASH! I'm all for the sterilization idea. I feel for the children, all 6 of them, who have the displeasure of being associated with this piece of work.
1_MEAN_1

West Lafayette, IN

#11 Sep 18, 2007
Does anyone remember the song to the Beverly Hillbillies?

Come listen to a story about a hick and her bed

The warm Mountain Dew barely kept the family fed

And then one day while surfn’ for a male

The cops show up and its time to make the bail

Cash-a-roo that is, empty the trust fund, raid the pop fund.

Now the next thing you know, Nance does the media dance

The kin folk say,“Nance, don’t take off your pants,”

“I know these kids are cheaper by the dozen,

All with different Dads and a few from my cousin.”

The 465 Hillbillies
Suffered

United States

#12 Sep 18, 2007
She suffered due to heavy media attention? Give me a break. That woman should never be allowed near her children again.
Craven Morehead

Decatur, IL

#13 Sep 18, 2007
Tell us John what has Ms. Dyer won !

Well Alex she has won an all expense paid trip to the Indiana Women's Correctional Facility for 1 year at the tax payers expense. And, she will continue to breed additional offspring so that the taxpayers can foot the bill for her 6 + children. Not to mention complete her GED, recieve public housing assistance, and food for the rest of her unatural life.

Back to you Alex.
Say what

United States

#14 Sep 18, 2007
Where's "TheMommy" and her smug "I know what's going on and she's not going to jail" talk and her insinuations that ND had custody of the new baby? Thankfully these poor children won't have to be subjected to her for at least the next three yrs, and can have a happy, normal life. If she cares about them at all, she'll leave them to be raised in a loving home (which is obviously not with her) even after she's "allowed" to see them again.
1_MEAN_1

West Lafayette, IN

#16 Sep 18, 2007
Craven Morehead wrote:
Tell us John what has Ms. Dyer won !
Well Alex she has won an all expense paid trip to the Indiana Women's Correctional Facility for 1 year at the tax payers expense. And, she will continue to breed additional offspring so that the taxpayers can foot the bill for her 6 + children. Not to mention complete her GED, recieve public housing assistance, and food for the rest of her unatural life.
Back to you Alex.
Thanks John,

And loosers are...the taxpayers...but we have some nice parting gifts for you...more taxes...enjoy!

“I'll just say it”

Since: Apr 07

Indy

#17 Sep 18, 2007
The Channel 8 news story also reports that she is to undergo substance abuse treatment. I rember some folks vehemently defending her and arguing that she was not a drug user (even though she has the appearance of a heavy drug user). I wonder why the substance abuse treatment is necessary?

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp...
baby factory

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Sep 18, 2007
I wish that with families over a certain size, getting your tubes tied was a condition of receiving welfare checks. This lady is going to keep on spitting out kids she doesn't take care of until menopause takes her out.
Adam Rochford

Bloomington, IN

#23 Sep 18, 2007
This is a tragic story. God help these kids.
Ex-Cardinal

Schaumburg, IL

#24 Sep 18, 2007
Forget the "community service"--what she needs are some parenting classes and no contact with her kids until she passes every single class with an A+...that would be a real service to the community, not to mention her kids.

Since: Feb 07

On your PC screen

#25 Sep 18, 2007
Say what wrote:
Where's "TheMommy" and her smug "I know what's going on and she's not going to jail" talk and her insinuations that ND had custody of the new baby? Thankfully these poor children won't have to be subjected to her for at least the next three yrs, and can have a happy, normal life. If she cares about them at all, she'll leave them to be raised in a loving home (which is obviously not with her) even after she's "allowed" to see them again.
You really don't read do you?

The news people sitting in the court couldn't even get the baby's whereabouts correct.

I listened to one reporter stand in the hallway and tell another that she got 2 years and he was darn near front row.

I never said Nancy had the baby but what I did state was he wasn't and is not in State Custody nor is he in Foster Care.

So SayNothing keep spouting your BS to make it look like you give 2 flips about anything involving this case.

pssssssssssst CPS does penal visits with children.
No Freakin Way

United States

#26 Sep 18, 2007
Can we please get her tubes tied!!!!!
I am a single mother,(working my !@# OFF) and I am really tired of taking care of people like this!

Since: Feb 07

On your PC screen

#27 Sep 18, 2007
Well it's all over and the end has come. Sentence has been given and not to the likes of most of you I'm sure.

Mr. Lindgren I want to say THANK-YOU, thank you for standing up and being truthful today.

Thank you for being very open and honest about Nancy's upbringing and the issues she had no control of.

Thank you for telling the truth about the children even when your wife yelled out you were wrong you held your ground and told the truth.

Most of all Thank you for being a FATHER today. It means alot to Nancy.

I want to thank you.

P.S. Nancy not contacting you was not due to not wanting to as much as it was she was told not to by her legal team. Hopefully after your emotional heartfelt statement given today you and Nancy can heal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 103
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 37 min whiteisnotdark 446
Chuck should be gone Jim should be In 8 hr bikerbob 1
white girls 19 hr RZA 1
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? Wed The Zombie 77
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas Wed The Zombie 26
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... Wed fyi 15
Lonely Wed gary 3
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Indianapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Indianapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:29 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:29PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan vs. Titans
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"