Attorney: Clients have gotten 'bad rap' during explosion investigation

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTHR-TV Indianapolis

While demolition gets underway in a south Indianapolis neighborhood affected by a house explosion, the attorney for the people who lived at the home at the center of the blast say his clients are getting While demolition gets underway in a south Indianapolis neighborhood affected by a house explosion, the attorney for the people who lived at the ... (more)

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2012
Ted Bare

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.....
Julia

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

No, the couple that lived next door got a bad rap!
Julia

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

No, I think the couple that lived nex door got a bad rap!
Joe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Julia wrote:
No, the couple that lived next door got a bad rap!
The police spokesperson said the investigation would continue at a fast pace over the holiday weekend. Certainly gave me the impression they were anticipating an arrest soon.
Seems like they were blowing smoke.
Whadayaknow

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The police spokesperson said the investigation would continue at a fast pace over the holiday weekend. Certainly gave me the impression they were anticipating an arrest soon.
Seems like they were blowing smoke.
I was very busy during Thanksgiving week so I didn't follow this case very closely. But didn't police handcuff both Gill and Leonard and take them in for questioning? Are they out on bail?
jle76

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Whadayaknow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was very busy during Thanksgiving week so I didn't follow this case very closely. But didn't police handcuff both Gill and Leonard and take them in for questioning? Are they out on bail?
They were not arrested. Only questioned. But I did hear the Feds have a search warrant for "several" storage units they believe Shirley and Leonard may have removed furniture etc., before the explosion.I did see the interview with their attorney saying Shirley and Co., were recieving death threats and she has not returned to work and is distraught.
jle76

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Note to Ms. Shirley- the truth will set you free. Stop listening to your boyfriend.
Joe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

jle76 wrote:
<quoted text>They were not arrested. Only questioned. But I did hear the Feds have a search warrant for "several" storage units they believe Shirley and Leonard may have removed furniture etc., before the explosion.I did see the interview with their attorney saying Shirley and Co., were recieving death threats and she has not returned to work and is distraught.
It is always a huge red flag to insurance investigators when items are mysteriously absent from the property after a loss due to fire. It doesn't necessarily prove they are responsible, but it sure looks bad. Investigators will have to find some hard evidence short of a confession by someone involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They riot with no facts or evidence 1 hr Pontificating 8
My new jeep 18 hr Rogains 5
officer Wilson 20 hr Blackology 1
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... 20 hr Rogains 5
Courts tell Indiana to honor gay marriages from... 23 hr Jelly Bean 3
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff Wed Tom Thumb 3
Karen Dehut Wed Opinion 1

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
•••
•••