Attorney: Clients have gotten 'bad ra...

Attorney: Clients have gotten 'bad rap' during explosion investigation

There are 8 comments on the WTHR-TV Indianapolis story from Nov 27, 2012, titled Attorney: Clients have gotten 'bad rap' during explosion investigation. In it, WTHR-TV Indianapolis reports that:

While demolition gets underway in a south Indianapolis neighborhood affected by a house explosion, the attorney for the people who lived at the home at the center of the blast say his clients are getting While demolition gets underway in a south Indianapolis neighborhood affected by a house explosion, the attorney for the people who lived at the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV Indianapolis.

Ted Bare

Granger, IN

#1 Nov 27, 2012
Nothing to see here folks. Move along.....
Julia

New Albany, IN

#2 Nov 27, 2012
No, the couple that lived next door got a bad rap!
Julia

New Albany, IN

#3 Nov 27, 2012
No, I think the couple that lived nex door got a bad rap!
Joe

Granger, IN

#4 Nov 28, 2012
Julia wrote:
No, the couple that lived next door got a bad rap!
The police spokesperson said the investigation would continue at a fast pace over the holiday weekend. Certainly gave me the impression they were anticipating an arrest soon.
Seems like they were blowing smoke.
Whadayaknow

Bradley, IL

#5 Nov 28, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The police spokesperson said the investigation would continue at a fast pace over the holiday weekend. Certainly gave me the impression they were anticipating an arrest soon.
Seems like they were blowing smoke.
I was very busy during Thanksgiving week so I didn't follow this case very closely. But didn't police handcuff both Gill and Leonard and take them in for questioning? Are they out on bail?
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Whadayaknow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was very busy during Thanksgiving week so I didn't follow this case very closely. But didn't police handcuff both Gill and Leonard and take them in for questioning? Are they out on bail?
They were not arrested. Only questioned. But I did hear the Feds have a search warrant for "several" storage units they believe Shirley and Leonard may have removed furniture etc., before the explosion.I did see the interview with their attorney saying Shirley and Co., were recieving death threats and she has not returned to work and is distraught.
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#7 Nov 28, 2012
Note to Ms. Shirley- the truth will set you free. Stop listening to your boyfriend.
Joe

Granger, IN

#8 Nov 28, 2012
jle76 wrote:
<quoted text>They were not arrested. Only questioned. But I did hear the Feds have a search warrant for "several" storage units they believe Shirley and Leonard may have removed furniture etc., before the explosion.I did see the interview with their attorney saying Shirley and Co., were recieving death threats and she has not returned to work and is distraught.
It is always a huge red flag to insurance investigators when items are mysteriously absent from the property after a loss due to fire. It doesn't necessarily prove they are responsible, but it sure looks bad. Investigators will have to find some hard evidence short of a confession by someone involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pence after Carrier deal: Trump is 'a champion ... 32 min WasteWater 23
CarrierChuckJones 10 hr TrumpedThePuney 1
Pizzagate vs Enabalers 10 hr TrumpedThePuney 5
Burger Chef murders can be solved 22 hr Linda Bedsore 21
Pill popping drunks get to keep their jobs. Tue natureboy 25
MoreFakeNews Tue blahblah 2
To Jennie Runevitch Tue TrumpedThemFairly 1

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages