Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Indiana was infested with the Klu Klux Klan during its second reconstruction (1915-1925)--- and Indiana was ground zero for the Klu Klux Klan...

It has been published that as many as one of every three adult white male residents of Indiana during the early to mid 1920s belonged to the Klu Klux Klan (along with many of their wives and other female family members) and Protestant ministers were provided with free memberships within the Klan.

The grandsons and granddaughters of today's Indiana Republican Party leadership are likely the descendants of Indiana Klan members.
AllAmerican

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Elmer Gantry wrote:
Indiana was infested with the Klu Klux Klan during its second reconstruction (1915-1925)--- and Indiana was ground zero for the Klu Klux Klan...
It has been published that as many as one of every three adult white male residents of Indiana during the early to mid 1920s belonged to the Klu Klux Klan (along with many of their wives and other female family members) and Protestant ministers were provided with free memberships within the Klan.
The grandsons and granddaughters of today's Indiana Republican Party leadership are likely the descendants of Indiana Klan members.
If you are still worried about the KKK that's your problem, not mine. Since you seem to be so interested in what I am a descendant of, I will say that I am a descendant of Americans. A family that came to the New World around 1642. A family that has fought for this country in every major conflict since arriving on American soil. I know none of this entitles me to anything, however if a family member belonged to the KKK nearly 100 years ago, it doesn't have anything to do with me. For example, it is likely that 100 years ago, your family was hard working, and striving to achieve the American Dream honestly. Now do you see how much a family can change in 100 years?
Moe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Elmer Gantry wrote:

Sadly this is true and how they learned to be mobsters.
klu

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

AllAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>If you are still worried about the KKK that's your problem, not mine. Since you seem to be so interested in what I am a descendant of, I will say that I am a descendant of Americans. A family that came to the New World around 1642. A family that has fought for this country in every major conflict since arriving on American soil. I know none of this entitles me to anything, however if a family member belonged to the KKK nearly 100 years ago, it doesn't have anything to do with me. For example, it is likely that 100 years ago, your family was hard working, and striving to achieve the American Dream honestly. Now do you see how much a family can change in 100 years?
Do you still have the family line of slaves you owned?
AllAmerican

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

klu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still have the family line of slaves you owned?
I never owned any slaves, and I have never benefited financially from any of my ancestors owning any slaves. That being said, why are you so interested in connecting me with slavery? Are you a Democrat? If so, I guess we should connect you with the founding of the KKK in Indiana.
POW

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

AllAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
I never owned any slaves, and I have never benefited financially from any of my ancestors owning any slaves. That being said, why are you so interested in connecting me with slavery? Are you a Democrat? If so, I guess we should connect you with the founding of the KKK in Indiana.
Why then are you trying to start up a Beech Grove chapter of the KKK?

We all know who you are and what you are doing.
AllAmerican

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

POW wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about?
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

POW wrote:
<quoted text>
Since All American appears to be in Arizona it would be a heck of a commute. But facts don't matter correct, right?
AllAmerican

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Since All American appears to be in Arizona it would be a heck of a commute. But facts don't matter correct, right?
Typical liberal. I have a different view on things so I must be demonized and accused of something that I wasn't even aware of, nor have any interest in.
what

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Elmer Gantry wrote:
klan members were mostly democrat
what

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

The KKK was the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.
Democratic Party gave us the Ku Klux Klan, Black Codes, Jim Crow Laws and other repressive legislation which resulted in the multitude of murders, lynchings, mutilations, and intimidations (of thousands of black and white Republicans). On the issue of slavery: historians say the Democrats gave their lives to expand it
The Democrats:
&#9702;Democrats fought to expand slavery
&#9702;Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
&#9702;Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
&#9702;Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
&#9702;Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
&#9702;Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
&#9702;Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
&#9702;Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a “Kleagle” in the Ku Klux Klan.
&#9702;Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
&#9702;Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.
&#9702;Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
&#9702;Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
&#9702;Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.
&#9702;Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s choice for vice president in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan in Kansas City in 1922.
&#9702;Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Republican efforts to pass a federal law against lynching.
&#9702;Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed integration of the armed forces.
&#9702;Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
&#9702;Democrats supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson.
&#9702;Democrats supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
&#9702;Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene “Bull” Connor, in Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.
&#9702;Democrats were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.
&#9702;Democrat Georgia Governor Lester Maddox “brandished an ax hammer to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
&#9702;Democrat Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would be segregation forever.
&#9702;Democrat Arkansas Governor Faubus tried to prevent desegregation of Little Rock public schools.
&#9702;Democrat Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act.
&#9702;Democrat President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King.
&#9702;Democrat President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI.
&#9702;Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.
&#9702;Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
&#9702;Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court’s 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
&#9702;Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright joined with the Dixiecrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
&#9702;Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright voted against the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
&#9702;Southern Democrats opposed desegregation and integration.
AllAmerican

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Nads wrote:
<quoted text>
No..... During the 20's in Indianathey were republican and stay that way today
You are mistaken. Sorry. During the early 1900s, the Klan had a few government strongholds in IN. Indy being the strongest, and it was Democrat public officials that kept it strong.
oops

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>klan members were mostly democrat
No the were republican.
what

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

oops wrote:
<quoted text>
No the were republican.
The KKK was the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.
Democratic Party gave us the Ku Klux Klan, Black Codes, Jim Crow Laws and other repressive legislation which resulted in the multitude of murders, lynchings, mutilations, and intimidations (of thousands of black and white Republicans). On the issue of slavery: historians say the Democrats gave their lives to expand it
The Democrats
Democrats fought to expand slavery
Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
&#9702;Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
&#9702;Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
&#9702;Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
&#9702;Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
&#9702;Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a “Kleagle” in the Ku Klux Klan.
&#9702;Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
&#9702;Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.
&#9702;Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
&#9702;Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
&#9702;Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.
&#9702;Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s choice for vice president in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan in Kansas City in 1922.
&#9702;Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Republican efforts to pass a federal law against lynching.
&#9702;Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed integration of the armed forces.
&#9702;Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
&#9702;Democrats supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson.
&#9702;Democrats supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
&#9702;Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene “Bull” Connor, in Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.
&#9702;Democrats were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.
&#9702;Democrat Georgia Governor Lester Maddox “brandished an ax hammer to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
&#9702;Democrat Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would be segregation forever.
&#9702;Democrat Arkansas Governor Faubus tried to prevent desegregation of Little Rock public schools.
&#9702;Democrat Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act.
&#9702;Democrat President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King.
&#9702;Democrat President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI.
&#9702;Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.
&#9702;Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
&#9702;Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court’s 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
&#9702;Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright joined with the Dixiecrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
&#9702;Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright voted against the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
&#9702;Southern Democrats opposed desegregation and integration.
oops

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Idiot

The Indpls Times won a Pulinzyer for exposing the repugs as kkk
what

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

oops wrote:
Idiot
The Indpls Times won a Pulinzyer for exposing the repugs as kkk
a few repugs and what year was that
how have the black people been doing under the current democrat leader
black unemployment at record levels
black education dismal
black on black crime up
black incarceration rate up
a few more years of democratic rule and black people will all be dead or in jail
Sister Aimee

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
a few repugs and what year was that
how have the black people been doing under the current democrat leader
black unemployment at record levels
black education dismal
black on black crime up
black incarceration rate up
a few more years of democratic rule and black people will all be dead or in jail
Can't you do a Google search? You are a typical lying republican. Facts are facts. The KKK has been republican since Grand Dragon DC Stephenson in the 1920's. Read through any list of talking points for the KKK and the Republican Party and you will find that they are virtually the same. Any educated person knows the truth about Indiana.

You should definitely be on the "list" because with your self deceit and willingness to lie, you are definitely a sociopath and probably have a range of crimes and perversions under your belt.

This type of self delusion is very prevalent in sex offenders. Please get help before you rape, molest, or kill any more small children.
Sister Aimee

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

what

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Sister Aimee wrote:
http://centerforhistory.org/le arn-history/indiana-history/th e-golden-era-of-indiana-1900-1 941
how many repugs does the story talk about
please be specific
Sister Aimee

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
how many repugs does the story talk about
please be specific
Up to a third of Hoosiers were KKK. Republicans.

Governors , mayors, legislators, etc. Republicans.

Sad history of Indiana which was written by Republicans.

The tea party is very similar.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Not one Gay person can prove they were born gay (Jun '13) 1 hr DavidM 118
Republican Morality 2 hr Simon 11
Republican Child Molesters 2 hr Andrew 80
Republicans Molesting Children 3 hr Cpeter1313 3
Obama election fraud exposed, Dems cheated system 4 hr Go Blue Forever 50
More obamacare lies 4 hr Cpeter1313 4
How the Liberal mind works 4 hr Cpeter1313 4
•••
•••