Snack maker has taste for Brownsburg

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Tom Wood Lexus Lexus Certified Pre-Owned includes 3 Year or 100,000 Total Vehicle Mileage Warranty.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kristi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Great for Brownsburg. We'll take those jobs!
Old Boiler

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Kristi wrote:
Great for Brownsburg. We'll take those jobs!
Sure we will, just bring in some more Mexicans to fill those jobs. The warehouse jobs don't pay enough to get Americans with the least bit of skill to work in them. Drive through the parking lots at those distribution centers in Hendricks County, you'll find most of the cars are from Marion County because citizens from Hendricks County are far too skilled to take those cheap jobs.
Amazing

Melvin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

yeah it's great but the Mexicans that take those jobs thankfully can't afford to live in the burg
yay

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

hopefully the city will smell like pretzels. just like the area by steak n shake smells like something fantastic evey now and again! and we wonder what makes us fat!!
Well

Brownsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Old Boiler wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we will, just bring in some more Mexicans to fill those jobs. The warehouse jobs don't pay enough to get Americans with the least bit of skill to work in them. Drive through the parking lots at those distribution centers in Hendricks County, you'll find most of the cars are from Marion County because citizens from Hendricks County are far too skilled to take those cheap jobs.
That's fine! We'll take a share of their income taxes!
steve

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

wow 9 dollar a hour jobs are coming yippee
Old Boiler

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Well wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine! We'll take a share of their income taxes!
How's that? When they live in Marion County, they pay income taxes to Marion County.
Old Boiler

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Amazing wrote:
yeah it's great but the Mexicans that take those jobs thankfully can't afford to live in the burg
Many of them though are moving to the east of Town. They are keeping the police busier out there now.
Gary

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Distribution, but not manufacturing.

“Don't Slow Down”

Since: Jan 08

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Old Boiler wrote:
<quoted text>
Cynics FTW!!!
Pike Baseball Coach

Brownsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

steve wrote:
why do mexicans wear baseball hats and travel in groups of 4 in public?
I dont know.
Legendary

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

steve wrote:
why do mexicans wear baseball hats and travel in groups of 4 in public?
Probably out of fear of crackers like you.
Working

Saarbrücken, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Don Imus wrote:
Great more Mexicans crowding the streets at 4P.M.
At least they are working we have way too many "Americans" that wont work at any job unless it pays 40K a year. Not every hispanic person is illegal. The people who take these jobs and bust their butts move up the and make opportunities for themselves.
Simon

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Amazing wrote:
Does anyone know where Shoal Creek Apts are. Commonly known as little Mexico?
illegal aliens

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Why an article that says Indiana now has a distribution plant for a product that sells well here should start an anti-Mexican tirade is beyond me. I don't want illegal aliens here either, but work is work and produces income that can be spent locally.

If you want a job, whether for $9 an hour or minimum wage or $40,000 a year, get up, dress appropriately, go for an interview on time and with proper references, get the job and do your work as well as you can.

Workers at that plant will be paid wages, have money put into social security, have their income reported to the federal and state governments and not end up standing around on the street corner in groups of 4 while wearing baseball hats during working hours.

If the plant hires people here illegally, the it should have to face the consequences of the law.

I guess you can stop eating Hanover products. That'll show 'em.
Behind the glass

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Unless you are from an American Indian hertiage, our grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great grandparents were in the some position as some of the Mexican workers are today.

Most of our forefathers came across from Europe with just the shirt on their back. Most of them worked hard so most of us can be where we are today.

I don't think most of us today would give up our homes to move to another part of the world. Our forefathers just like today's Mexicans did/are giving up everything to try and make a better life for themselves and their families.

Every nationality has been a minority at one time in this country. That is what has made this counntry so great and why everyone else is trying to get in.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

illegal aliens wrote:
Why an article that says Indiana now has a distribution plant for a product that sells well here should start an anti-Mexican tirade is beyond me. I don't want illegal aliens here either, but work is work and produces income that can be spent locally.
If you want a job, whether for $9 an hour or minimum wage or $40,000 a year, get up, dress appropriately, go for an interview on time and with proper references, get the job and do your work as well as you can.
Workers at that plant will be paid wages, have money put into social security, have their income reported to the federal and state governments and not end up standing around on the street corner in groups of 4 while wearing baseball hats during working hours.
If the plant hires people here illegally, the it should have to face the consequences of the law.
I guess you can stop eating Hanover products. That'll show 'em.
good points. I dont see how one can assume this company will hire illegal aliens...or that these jobs are beneath people in Hendricks County. Maybe the majority will be $9/hour, but there will still be supervisors, managers, plant maintenance, probably HR reps and maybe an IT guy or two.

It's jobs and property taxes for the area. Better than an empty field. Lighten up folks.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Lou Neebin wrote:
50% of all Mexicans driving on your highway's on Friday after 4 P.M. are legally drunk. By 8P.M.it is 75%.After 11P.M. they all are.This is a proven statistic that the Law Enforcemnt community has compiled, but will never be acknowledge because it is considered racist.But it is true.
Well I knew a mexican who drove after 11pm and was totally sober. So you're ridiculous statement that "they all are" is false....as probably the rest of the crap you are spouting. How about a source since its a "proven statistic". Get real.
Vern Payne

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Amazing wrote:
Might have to bring people from Pennsylvania to work there.

Not sure you folks from Indiana are too bright...after reading these posts.
Concerned Pretzel Eater

Conneautville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

I find it kind of humerous that they would pick "browns"burg to ship their pretzels which are "brown".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Republicans Still Destroying America 49 min Tyrone 97
Republican Child Molesters 50 min Teh Enforcer 65
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) 1 hr squeezers 1,285
jewish center shooting phony 1 hr just funny 5
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 8 hr Scribe 190
anyone up for sexting? (May '13) 10 hr Kitty 11
Lesli Gooch Lobbyist 11 hr Ken Hunter 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Indianapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••