South Bend sex discrimination

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#1 Jan 16, 2013
SOUTH BEND, Ind.-- Officials in South Bend have approved an ordinance making it legal for residents to keep chickens in town.

But they'll be lonely chickens, because the ordinance won't allow any roosters.

The South Bend Tribune reports ( http://bit.ly/V6R38I ) the city council approved the ordinance by a 6-3 vote Monday.

The ordinance allows residents to keep up to six hens, which can provide their owners with fresh, organic eggs. But noisy roosters aren't allowed because of their crowing.( www.Indystar.com )

The rumor now is that the Rooster Union is now preparing for a class action law suit.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#2 Jan 16, 2013
DavidM wrote:
SOUTH BEND, Ind.-- Officials in South Bend have approved an ordinance making it legal for residents to keep chickens in town.
But they'll be lonely chickens, because the ordinance won't allow any roosters.
The South Bend Tribune reports ( http://bit.ly/V6R38I ) the city council approved the ordinance by a 6-3 vote Monday.
The ordinance allows residents to keep up to six hens, which can provide their owners with fresh, organic eggs. But noisy roosters aren't allowed because of their crowing.( www.Indystar.com )
The rumor now is that the Rooster Union is now preparing for a class action law suit.
Lawsuit through the ACLU?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House votes to block EPA regulation of streams,... 31 min spud 47
Fairychauns win in Ireland 5 hr The Great Wisdom 1
They pull 19 kids and counting? 5 hr The Great Wisdom 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Indianapolis, IN (Jul '10) 18 hr pewwert 1,397
Ballard's wife is Bisexual Fri The Great Kaptoz 1
Mayor Ballard Honors Nasty Letterman Fri The Great Wisdom 5
Brenda Kay Thompson (Jun '11) Fri pcfrmfl 4
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE