Carmel sophomore dies in traffic crash

A Carmel High School sophomore died after he drove his car into the path of a concrete-mixer truck and a sport utility vehicle crashed into his mangled vehicle Monday afternoon, police said. Full Story
Betcha Bacon

Indianapolis, IN

#177 Feb 20, 2008
indy mom wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what--I cant and wont dispute that. And I am not saying that you are wrong. But what I was saying to this Duh person is that if you want to start a posting about that issue--fine--do it. You may be very right in your observations. But to bring that issue to a forum about the accident involving a 16 yr old child is totally unnecessary. There is a time and place for everything and all I was asking this person to do was to take that issue to another forum. The last thing that Michaels family and friends needed to read about was someone complaining that their childs death got more tv coverage than a black kids death. That simply is not true. Since the accident, how many tv reports have you seen about this incident? I have seen none.
So I stand by what I said. This forum should have been about offering prayers and condolences and public support for the family of the young man. It could also raise awareness about teen driving and our highways being safe. It should have been geared towards trying to raise awareness in our kids to let them know that they are not invincible and that death does not only come to older folks.
I implore everyone to stay focused on the issue at hand. There is a grieving family who now must bury their son, brother, friend and classmate. I for one will be praying for the family. And I will ask God to give me strength to bite my tongue to "people" like Duh and Twisted Sister. They need help and I am not equipped to offer that to them. But I can offer my prayers for they obviously know not what they do.

I really do understand. I agree about the forum staying focused on the young man who lost his life
in a tragic accident. You know, the only forum I have ever been in without the race card being pulled is the weather forum (isn't that about a b*tch)!!! It gets started by both races & never ends!! My children are biracial so I often see both sides of it. I know more afican americans that are racist and racist against their own as well. Didn't mean to rile anyone up.
God Bless the family & friends of this young man & I hope they find peace
indy mom

Indianapolis, IN

#178 Feb 20, 2008
Betcha Bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do understand. I agree about the forum staying focused on the young man who lost his life
in a tragic accident. You know, the only forum I have ever been in without the race card being pulled is the weather forum (isn't that about a b*tch)!!! It gets started by both races & never ends!! My children are biracial so I often see both sides of it. I know more afican americans that are racist and racist against their own as well. Didn't mean to rile anyone up.
God Bless the family & friends of this young man & I hope they find peace
Its nice to see that you and I could see past the race thing and come to terms about the real issue--- the passing of a young man before his time. At least for his familys sake- it was before his time. But as a Christian, I know that everything happens for a reason. And this may very well be a lesson or lessons to many. Here we have learned to be tolerant. What could have been an issue between you and I ( from your post I could see things getting heated) has now turned to two parents seeing each others points of view and understanding the differences. We have a young man who passed to a horrible accident--now other kids his age can use this lesson to guide them while driving. We have seen a community come together to rally around a grieving family and friends. So in a roundabout way, Michael has taught us all different lessons. Maybe it will be that where the accident happened, there may need to be some kind of light or sign?? All I know is that out of something horribly bad, maybe we can find some good. And though we may not completely agree with each other, we can see each others points of view and be understanding to them.
As far as being racist---all I can say to that is this. When my daughters were teens, they dated both white and black boys. And I hate to admit that because of the way I was raised, I didnt believe in interacial dating. But I never disrespected the boys because they are black. And as I got to know them, I saw past the color and welcomed them into my home because they were respectful and I liked them. Then one day my oldest daughter broke it down to me. She said if you cut my boyfriends finger and you cut my finger, what color is the blood? We both bleed red. So even though the skin is different, we are all the same on the inside. It was that defining moment in my life that I realized that everything that had been taught to me was wrong. God truly created us as equals. Its only what we do in life that makes us different. So I commend you for having bi-racial children. They have the best of both worlds and thank God they have a mother that loves them enough to embrace both cultures. It sounds as if they will grow to be proud of who they are and not what color they are. And you should be proud of that accomplishment as a mom. Im glad I read your post. Thank you
Twisted Sister

Dallas, TX

#179 Feb 20, 2008
dee wrote:
maybe donkey's behind?
Nawwwwww, that's just you looking into the mirror again.

A child has died and you're posting this BS????

How rude, callous and sef-centered you are!

You and I-Mom seem to feed off of one another. No doubt, you're on the same bowling league.

Show some respect,you hypocritical fool.
interested

Corbin, KY

#180 Feb 21, 2008
indy mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much interested. Im glad that there is someone on here that knows how to read. My heart broke when those children were murdered. I have never thought twice about the fact that there were weeks of news about the incidents. And I watched every chance I got to find out the outcome. But NEVER did I question why these stories were getting so much airtime. They deserved it. We as the public, wanted to know the status of the stories. I would have never posted anything in their blogs insinuating that because they were black, they got more tv coverage than if it were a white child. THAT is the point I have tried to make all along. Im glad to see that you got it. And Im sure there are others that did as well.
As for this persons post---just let me say this. Death is death. Its final. It hurts everyone around that knows the deceased whether its by an accident, murder, or suicide. The only similarity is that in the end, the loved one is gone forever.
I will not apologize for speaking out and making the comments that I have. DUH was WRONG--he is the one who made this a racial issue and I asked him to stop out of respect for the grieving family. I will stand by what Ive said and I will add that if anyone has a problem with my posts--- tough. Go back and re-read his posts and show me where he wasnt pulling a racial card. Show me where he was offering his condolences. I dont mean in his later posts after everyone put him in his place. His FIRST post. He was trying to start a racial debate where it had no place. And when someone like me and many others point out that his racial crap wasnt wanted, we have to deal with people like you.
I will say again---- this is about a young man who was taken way too soon and we all were robbed of the chance to know him and the man he would have become. His family is grieving and they deserve the respect to open these blogs up and read only the condolences and memories of friends and the community. They DO NOT need to be reading about how their sons accident got more tv time because he was white and that if he were a black kid, he wouldnt have gotten as much time. THAT IS what DUH was saying. You can try and twist this all you want, but read his post. They are HIS words not mine. And if you really break this down---will they show Michaels funeral on the news? Maybe. Will they interview friends and family? Possibly. But what if they dont? SHould we as whites complain because he didnt get as much media attention as the black kids and families that have died? NO. Theres no reason to.
Interested---thank you again for standing up for me. I truly hope that everyone now knows where I stand on this issue and we as a whole can get back to what is important here-- reaching out to the family of Michael and offering our love and support during such a painful time. They should be the only focus here on this forum. And I truly hope that through Michaels death, more of our teens will be saved. His death should not be in vain. It should stand as a reminder that we ALL need to love our kids and never take their lives for granted. I hope that his passing will open the eyes to the living, both young and old and make them see that we all need to be more careful on the roads. Please let Michaels life and death serve a purpose. If he can save one teen-- then maybe there truly was a purpose for him being taken from this world.
You're very welcome! And what you say I stand behind you 100%. Plus all Prayers for this Family and their Friends in this time of tragedy.
Twisted Sister

Dallas, TX

#181 Feb 21, 2008
indy mom wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record:
DUH and TWISTED SISTER----two befitting names. Is this an indication of your personalities? I would put my money on the answer being yes.
Here we have learned to be tolerant
There you go again, using a forum about a tragic accident and death for name-calling after making the following statement in another one of your rambling posts, "Here we have learned to be tolerant." What a disingenuous, ignorant, hypocrite you are. Why are you constantly seeking validation from other posters? I can only assume your ignorance requires constant reinforcement.

Regarding your putting your money on the status of my personality is laughable. I doubt, you have about as much money as brains, which renders you totally bankrupt, both intellectually and financially.

If you did indeed lose a child, I am sorry for your loss. One would think that your priorities would be your remaining children. Therefore, why are you spending so much time in front of the computer for the sole purpose of berating and name calling. One would think that such a wonderful mother as you, would get off your ass and look after your remaining children.

All of your babble and hot air only demonstrates what a disingenuous, ignorant, self-absorbed, fruitcake you are.

Thank you for not including me in your prayers. No doubt, God will appreciate the fact that you have separated the 'important' and the 'unimportant' people for him. Perhaps, he will recognize your pandering and arrogance and cast you aside for attempting to play God.

What a joke you are! Quite frankly, your comments are too stupid to warant a response. However, I was bored and now I've become bored by your stupidity. Get off your fat ass and take care of your children; as no one gives a damn what you think.
Debi-interested

Corbin, KY

#182 Feb 21, 2008
Twisted Sister, Please go away. Can't you see you are just causing trouble. Everyone else is doing fine now. And if you are only going to make smart remarks about my post "You can KISS my Go To Hell" Thank you, and Goodnight!
Ellie Shilts

Wixom, MI

#183 Feb 21, 2008
I hope for the best for the Schenkel family. You just always have to remember that he's in a better place now, time is precious, and it will take a lot of time for this to all pass by. stay strong!
indy mom

Indianapolis, IN

#184 Feb 21, 2008
Twisted Sister wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have learned to be tolerant
There you go again, using a forum about a tragic accident and death for name-calling after making the following statement in another one of your rambling posts, "Here we have learned to be tolerant." What a disingenuous, ignorant, hypocrite you are. Why are you constantly seeking validation from other posters? I can only assume your ignorance requires constant reinforcement.
Regarding your putting your money on the status of my personality is laughable. I doubt, you have about as much money as brains, which renders you totally bankrupt, both intellectually and financially.
If you did indeed lose a child, I am sorry for your loss. One would think that your priorities would be your remaining children. Therefore, why are you spending so much time in front of the computer for the sole purpose of berating and name calling. One would think that such a wonderful mother as you, would get off your ass and look after your remaining children.
All of your babble and hot air only demonstrates what a disingenuous, ignorant, self-absorbed, fruitcake you are.
Thank you for not including me in your prayers. No doubt, God will appreciate the fact that you have separated the 'important' and the 'unimportant' people for him. Perhaps, he will recognize your pandering and arrogance and cast you aside for attempting to play God.
What a joke you are! Quite frankly, your comments are too stupid to warant a response. However, I was bored and now I've become bored by your stupidity. Get off your fat ass and take care of your children; as no one gives a damn what you think.
Considering that my children are grown and have moved away, I guess I really dont need to watch out for them now--do I? And as far as the child I lost, you obviously have never experienced such pain. I hope you never do. As for the name calling--seems to me that you are doing that very well. I didnt call you a donkeys behind---I simply made an observation that you must be one. And no I dont have to have reinforcement from other posters. I also dont have to write posts under other names to have the support shown here. You are making it painfully obvious that you and DUH are one in the same. As fro my tolerance--when im dealing with painful issues--I am most tolerant. When Im dealing with ignorance like yours/duhs and I see where your trash is going to hurt a grieving family---NO I have NO tolerance. You see, Ive lived through their pain. I know how it feels to bury a child and to kiss that child one last time before the casket is closed and I know how it feels to go in their room--night after night and not see them peacefully sleeping as they did as babies. You obviously have never experienced that. If you had, you wouldnt write such trash. You would understan why I asked duh/you to take the racial crap to another forum. You made this personal. I dont know nor do I want to know. I CHOOSE to keep people around me that are positive and friendly. You have got to be one of the most negative and meanest individuals I have ever come across. You seem to think that if you use enough intelligent sounding words, that you can convince all here that you are intelligent. You are so wrong. You have proven that you are a very small, ignorant person. I will not stoop to your level and call you an a**. Yo already know youre one. And so do the rest of the posters here.
As for my "fat a**"--- you can kiss it. NO I wouldnt give you the satisfaction. Maybe your alter ego Duh will let you.
Im sure I speak for MANY here in saying that your writings are not welcome or appreciated here. This is about the Schenkel family. I will ask that you take your ignorance elsewhere please.
indy mom

Indianapolis, IN

#185 Feb 21, 2008
Debi-interested wrote:
Twisted Sister, Please go away. Can't you see you are just causing trouble. Everyone else is doing fine now. And if you are only going to make smart remarks about my post "You can KISS my Go To Hell" Thank you, and Goodnight!
Debi---this idiot is doing everything he can to get a rise out of us. Dont let him. Stay strong and remember that this is about the Schenkels---not about this jerk or his alter ego. If we ignore his remarks--he will have no choice but go away.
You and I and all those who have hearts need to rally together to offer strength for the family and need not waste any more time trying to reason with this idiot. Talking to him seems to fuel the fire and this is one fire that needs to be extinguished. So dont let him get to you.
Luv 4 the job

Louisville, KY

#187 Feb 21, 2008
I got on this forum just to see how long it would take for the idiots to come out of the woodwork. My prayers are with the family and friends of this young man.

To those of you who question and spout off ignorant rants. I hope this never happens to your family. You can say it won't but, that is what this young mans family thought. Grow up!

To the man that stopped to help... You are appreciated. Never think it is easy for us who do it everyday. God Bless you!
huh

Indianapolis, IN

#188 Feb 22, 2008
i eat babies
Twisted Sister

Dallas, TX

#189 Feb 22, 2008
Debi-interested wrote:
'GFY'
Twisted Sister

Dallas, TX

#190 Feb 22, 2008
indy mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Debi---this idiot is doing everything he can to get a rise out of us. Dont let him. Stay strong and remember that this is about the Schenkels---not about this jerk or his alter ego. If we ignore his remarks--he will have no choice but go away.
You and I and all those who have hearts need to rally together to offer strength for the family and need not waste any more time trying to reason with this idiot. Talking to him seems to fuel the fire and this is one fire that needs to be extinguished. So dont let him get to you.
"This idiot"; now, now, that's not very Christian of you, is it? I certainly hope I never referred to you as an idiot. That would be too disrespectful to idiots, who are a great deal smarter than you. When you pray to God, as you claim, be sure to ask him to forgive you for calling people names.

Are you still screening people for God? Now that you've appointed yourself as God's personal assistant, I'm sure he appreciates the fact that you have taken all of the guess work out for him; regarding those who are, and those who are 'not
deserving of God's blessings by providing him with your list of 'important' and 'unimportant' people. I know that God would never allow someone on your
'unimportant list' be a recipient of his love
and blessings. What a joke you are you big gas bag!! LOL LOL

Your vitriolic diatribes have been most interesting; however, they are neither stimulating nor enlightening.

I don't doubt that your kids are all gone. They probably left home as soon as they could walk. LOL LOL

I only have one question for you. Is it a loud sucking noise or a loud popping noise your rectum makes when you pull your head out? I look forward to reading your prolific, unsolicited, pearls of wisdom which only state the obvious, on future forums. LOL LOL

Take care and don't forget your 'Weight Watchers' meetings.
RevvedUp

Marysville, OH

#191 Feb 23, 2008
I can't imagine the feeling of despair from losing a son. My thoughts and prayers are with this grieving family.

"Weep those who weep."
indy mom

Indianapolis, IN

#192 Feb 23, 2008
Twisted Sister wrote:
<quoted text>
"This idiot"; now, now, that's not very Christian of you, is it? I certainly hope I never referred to you as an idiot. That would be too disrespectful to idiots, who are a great deal smarter than you. When you pray to God, as you claim, be sure to ask him to forgive you for calling people names.
Are you still screening people for God? Now that you've appointed yourself as God's personal assistant, I'm sure he appreciates the fact that you have taken all of the guess work out for him; regarding those who are, and those who are 'not
deserving of God's blessings by providing him with your list of 'important' and 'unimportant' people. I know that God would never allow someone on your
'unimportant list' be a recipient of his love
and blessings. What a joke you are you big gas bag!! LOL LOL
Your vitriolic diatribes have been most interesting; however, they are neither stimulating nor enlightening.
I don't doubt that your kids are all gone. They probably left home as soon as they could walk. LOL LOL
I only have one question for you. Is it a loud sucking noise or a loud popping noise your rectum makes when you pull your head out? I look forward to reading your prolific, unsolicited, pearls of wisdom which only state the obvious, on future forums. LOL LOL
Take care and don't forget your 'Weight Watchers' meetings.
Finally---you have made me laugh. You have accomplished what I thought you would---to show the world what a true idiot looks like. You are a very small person with a very big dictionary. Too bad all your big words dont make you look any smarter. In fact you have managed to make yourself look even more stupid than before. I didnt think it was possible. Good going. I sure hope that Plano Texas has a special place for you and your kind. I think its called a funny farm. Maybe they will let you out of your room for more than an hour a day so you can look up more intelligent sounding words. I count the hours when I can read some more of your insults.
Oh and by the way---tell your alter ego--DUH that I said hello. Now scurry back to your room before the orderlies come to take you back. Im sure a nice shot of thorazine will do the trick.
for crying out loud

Carmel, IN

#193 Feb 26, 2008
indy mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your input. It was very well said. This Duh individual claims to be white. I fail to see the necessity of bringing up the whole race issue. HE is the one complaining about the fact that this story was getting much more press attention than it would if the child were black. I dont believe that reporters much care whether the victim is white, black or green. This is a HUMAN interest story and obviously, this Duh wants to make it about race. I applaud you "no race cards" for telling this indivdual how it is. Most of us feel the way you and I do and he needs to seek attention elsewhere. This family is in too much pain to have to deal with jerks like him.
you realize that by saying he 'claims' to be white, that you are once again making it a racial issue, and by constantly responding to his posts, you're just giving him more grounds to defend his statement.
i'm not saying it's right or wrong, but he has a point when he says this is a news forum, a place where people come to express opinions on articles they've read. it is tragic that a young upstanding man lost his life this way, but that doesn't mean that duh isn't allowed to draw the opinion that he did.
and he's right. this isn't a memoriam section. i think most of us can agree that this is tragic, and we can all learn a lesson to be more careful while driving. he deemed his comments appropriate, you did not. another difference of opinion that we are allowed to have.
but i reiterate, that by constantly responding you are actually making it more about race than he/she is.
indy mom

Indianapolis, IN

#194 Feb 26, 2008
for crying out loud wrote:
<quoted text>
you realize that by saying he 'claims' to be white, that you are once again making it a racial issue, and by constantly responding to his posts, you're just giving him more grounds to defend his statement.
i'm not saying it's right or wrong, but he has a point when he says this is a news forum, a place where people come to express opinions on articles they've read. it is tragic that a young upstanding man lost his life this way, but that doesn't mean that duh isn't allowed to draw the opinion that he did.
and he's right. this isn't a memoriam section. i think most of us can agree that this is tragic, and we can all learn a lesson to be more careful while driving. he deemed his comments appropriate, you did not. another difference of opinion that we are allowed to have.
but i reiterate, that by constantly responding you are actually making it more about race than he/she is.
i am sorry that you feel that way. i AM not the one making this a race issue and if you would read ALL my posts, you will see that. i do agree that continuing to respond to him is adding fuel to the fire and i do not intend to respond to him again. but if you would read my first post--you would see that i asked politely that he/she stop using the race thing simply because i know that the family reads these and they dont need to read that garbage. he/she has tried to make this a battle by using insults and personal attacks. speaking about my children, my weight etc... how is that appropriate? i dont see you slamming him???? youre more worried about the fact that i asked him to stop whining about the racial issue and you slam me for making this about something other than what it was supposed to be for--the schenkels. but its ok for him to insult me and other posters. sounds to me like you either know this person or you are them. which is it? if you are going to try and call someone out about what they write, get yoru facts straight and call everyone out. im not the only one here with the opinion that this person is a loser and has a big mouth with nothing to back it up with.
the only thing you said that i agree with is that i need to stop responding to his idiotic postings. and i have. now i can stop responding to yours as well. tell your friend that no one here is interested in his ramblings. and i hope you take the time to read all posts before attempting to criticize one. im sure you could be a very nice person but you are siding with a true nut case and if you dont want to be associated with that type of person, my suggestion is that you leave this alone. there are too many people here that will be glad to put you in your place as they did him and his friend -- twisted sister. please dont make yourself look like one of these morons.
indy mom

Indianapolis, IN

#196 Feb 27, 2008
Jim Brainard of Carmel wrote:
Here-today----gone--tomorrow.
One generation is born, another dies, and the Sun also rises.
Let us all pray for the soul of our departed student.
Long Live a Christian-White Carmel Indiana.
I'm proud to be your Mayor.
I have so many fine things ahead, so let's
not have a student death deter me from my
visionary plans for Carmel Indiana.
It is my Destiny.
I am Carmel, and Carmel is me.
This was totally inappropriate. If you are indeed the mayor--- how do you live in Zionsville and then be the mayor of carmel? And how can you honestly use this forum to boost your political ego?
I truly hope you are an imposter. I woudl hope that the "real" mayor would have more of a heart.
If not--- you truly need to be voted out of office.
Question

Marysville, OH

#197 Feb 28, 2008
Jim Brainard of Carmel wrote:
Here-today----gone--tomorrow.
One generation is born, another dies, and the Sun also rises.
Let us all pray for the soul of our departed student.
Long Live a Christian-White Carmel Indiana.
I'm proud to be your Mayor.
I have so many fine things ahead, so let's
not have a student death deter me from my
visionary plans for Carmel Indiana.
It is my Destiny.
I am Carmel, and Carmel is me.
Does Menards know that there's a tool missing?
Noblesville Dad

Fishers, IN

#198 Feb 28, 2008
indy mom wrote:
<quoted text>
This was totally inappropriate. If you are indeed the mayor--- how do you live in Zionsville and then be the mayor of carmel? And how can you honestly use this forum to boost your political ego?
I truly hope you are an imposter. I woudl hope that the "real" mayor would have more of a heart.
If not--- you truly need to be voted out of office.
Don't worry ... the person who posts these comments ripping Brainerd and Carmel is simply a blowhard who needs the anonymity of the internet blogs to get his "points" across.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girl and boys 2 hr antonioswag 1
Does anyone know of someone who is missing a fi... 3 hr Dr J 1
Eli Lilly's injectable diabetes drug OK'd 4 hr Vaccines Cause Au... 1
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) 13 hr party loyalty 98
Arizona's running back Jon Dwyer ? Thu Dave 5
Very useless deputy sheriff at colts game last ... Thu Dave 26
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff Thu Moe 33
•••
•••
•••

Indianapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE