Ind. could be first to require armed ...

Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

There are 583 comments on the USA Today story from Apr 3, 2013, titled Ind. could be first to require armed school employees. In it, USA Today reports that:

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

CBOW

Dover, PA

#164 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think if they can't get a gun they're all going to be making their own C-4?
I wish them luck. Most likely they're blow themselves up in the process.
It's a win-win situation!
Most likely? You have experience with blowing yourself up or just blowing yourself? Sorry, I couldn't pass it up. The fact is, there are many weapons that can kill large numbers of people and they aren't even in the gun realm. Think about it.
Prowd NRA Membur

Fletcher, OH

#165 Apr 4, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
In a society where flight is preferred over fight, that fight persona would have to be present with the firearm. In other words, we have too many who wish to have their battles fought for them, and then condemn those who have fought. Ain't that right bareass and professor and sheep?
I'm with you. The Constitution notwithstanding,THIS IS about OUR MASCULINITY!!!! WE MUST BEAR OUR ARMS FOR MASCULINITY!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#166 Apr 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>the law makes it legal now for teachers that train as deputies to be armed in the school but these laws that they just past in Connecticut benefited the maniac's & criminals who care less about laws at least now the law abiding teachers that wish to carry now can legally without being treated as a criminal if the teachers were in possession of a legally own gun.
Great plan. At least until one of those "deputies" freaks out and opens fire on their students because they wouldn't "sit down & shut up".

Imagine if the Rutgers basketball coach who was fired had been allowed to carry a gun. How many dead basketball players would there have been? Gee, but nobody knew he was a psycho!

Oh yeah, great plan......
Prowd NRA Membur

Fletcher, OH

#167 Apr 4, 2013
Forget free speech!!! We must bear arms for masculinity!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#168 Apr 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>oh yeah, the teachers who choose to do it are going through the same training and shooting certification process as the Sheriff Deputies have to and I agree too even Policemen can go nuts sometimes which is why I prefer to protect myself besides California proved that with Chris Dorner, ex-LAPD police officer and former United States Navy reservist that went nuts.
All the more reason not to put guns into the hands of people in stressful situations. If they want to be cops or in the military, I'm sure they're hiring. If they want to be teachers, then it's an unarmed position.

More guns is NOT the answer.

Tawas City, Michigan

#169 Apr 4, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
If one person at Sandy Hood had a gun only one person would be dead, the shooter, as soon as he pulled out the gun, and aimed.
Really? How'd that work out a Columbine where they had TWO armed guards?

More guns just means more dead kids caught in the crossfire.

Brilliant plan.
Prowd NRA Membur

Fletcher, OH

#170 Apr 4, 2013
Carrying a gun means you're a REAL MAN! We must always be scared of our neighbor and fellow Americans. A man without a gun is like a woman without a purse.

Guns should be everywhere. Everyone should have at least ten to twenty-five of them to be considered a REAL AMERICAN!!!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#171 Apr 4, 2013
Prowd NRA Membur wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you. The Constitution notwithstanding,THIS IS about OUR MASCULINITY!!!! WE MUST BEAR OUR ARMS FOR MASCULINITY!!
I bear them for my femininity.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#172 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Great plan. At least until one of those "deputies" freaks out and opens fire on their students because they wouldn't "sit down & shut up".
Imagine if the Rutgers basketball coach who was fired had been allowed to carry a gun. How many dead basketball players would there have been? Gee, but nobody knew he was a psycho!
Geez, sounds like you are more afraid of people than you are of guns.

Tawas City, Michigan

#173 Apr 4, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, shouldn't Holder be in prison?
Yep, just like Reagan should have spent the rest of his alzheimers years in prison.
Prowd NRA Membur

Fletcher, OH

#174 Apr 4, 2013
Stupid and paranoid white people should be allowed to have guns!! And as many as they wish!! IT'S IN THE CONSTITUTION,DAMMIT!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#175 Apr 4, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
In a society where flight is preferred over fight, that fight persona would have to be present with the firearm. In other words, we have too many who wish to have their battles fought for them, and then condemn those who have fought. Ain't that right bareass and professor and sheep?
Nope, which is why I served 20+ years in the military to keep your lazy azz safe.

Which is why I also know I don't want every dumb azz running around with a gun playing Dirty Harry or BlackOps.
Prowd NRA Membur

Fletcher, OH

#176 Apr 4, 2013
Want to stop hijackings of aircraft? Simple. Have the airline give each passenger a handgun as they board the plane. See,how simple that was? Problem solved!

Tawas City, Michigan

#177 Apr 4, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely? You have experience with blowing yourself up or just blowing yourself? Sorry, I couldn't pass it up. The fact is, there are many weapons that can kill large numbers of people and they aren't even in the gun realm. Think about it.
And possession of them are illegal, just like most guns should be.

Tawas City, Michigan

#178 Apr 4, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, sounds like you are more afraid of people than you are of guns.
I don't fear people or guns; but I don't trust most people with guns.

And since we can ban people, all we can do is get rid of as many guns as possible.
Prowd NRA Membur

Fletcher, OH

#179 Apr 4, 2013
We shouldn't be made responsible for the guns we buy. After all,nuthin' is more satisfyin' than selling guns at markup under the table, and of course,declaring them stolen to collect bogus insurance claims. Ooops,that's a dirty little secret.
Cat74

United States

#180 Apr 4, 2013
I bet there are people in Indiana that have gone to school before, and been armed. No need to pull out the gun unless it is needed.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason not to put guns into the hands of people in stressful situations. If they want to be cops or in the military, I'm sure they're hiring. If they want to be teachers, then it's an unarmed position.
More guns is NOT the answer.
a Police State isn't the answer either that the Democrats like Dianne Feinstein & the others like her are pushing for and they are reason why Chicago is the way it is besides if you going to trust a teacher with your kids while they are their learning there should be no reason that the teachers should not the right to protect themselves and the students from degenerates which is why Adam Lanza picked a school and knew there was no threat.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#182 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather see a School Teacher be certified v. a Uniform Deputy on school property besides we are already paying for the Teacher to be there v. paying a teacher and having a uniform Deputy or police officer on school property like the Democrats like Dianne Feinstein and the other Democrats like her want to do which is the start of their Police State they want and would cost more money.

“Liberal”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#183 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are using a gun legally, to protect yourself against illegal guns used in illegal ways, how is this wrong? Why is it a "tea bagger" issue? Why is it "right wing"? I bet every liberal attorney in this city carries a handgun. Ok, not every one, but most. Is that a right winger, tea bagger issue also?
Responsible people like cops and such are constantly monitored for psychosis. 1 in 4 in this county is mentally ill. 1 in 10 will need to be in a mental hospital at some point in their life. You want these people to have with ssupervision. Hek they could be as crazy and racist as you. What if they belong to the KKK or White Aryan Nation and go nuts. How could we tell? Of course, I would say they are nuts like you and deny them guns based on their illness and their cray beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) 7 hr blankandson 168
Trump's Canadian Trade War Leaves Coal in the Cold 9 hr Trump Kills Weste... 1
Alex Jones: "Performance Artist" reveals Info w... 10 hr Bye Crazy Alex 10
Trump and the Good Life 11 hr Richard 1
Trash 12 hr Get 2 Work Donnie 8
Trump just had his bluff called -- again 12 hr Get 2 Work Donnie 12
Donald Trumpís First 100 Days: The Worst on Record 12 hr Get 2 Work Donnie 4

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages