Ind. could be first to require armed ...

Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

There are 583 comments on the USA Today story from Apr 3, 2013, titled Ind. could be first to require armed school employees. In it, USA Today reports that:

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

CBOW

Dover, PA

#144 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no individual right to own a gun illegally, so there is no infringement.
Legal and illegal are merely a matter of time. It used to be illegal to consume alcoholic beverages. It used to be illegal to get an abortion, but alas with the stroke of a pen, you can kill your unborn without fear of reprisal.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#145 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can't get a gun, then they can be as crazy as a loon for all I care.
Do you realize how easy it is to make c-4 from ordinary household ingredients? Think about what you are saying.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#146 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
Why can't you grasp the fact that you will never get, or keep the guns out of the hands of those who wish to use them improperly?
Why can't you grasp the fact that if you don't know who you are selling your guns to, you should be held responsible should the sale be illegal?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#147 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think I CARE, peach fuzz?
I'm not the one insisting that I should have the right to sell weapons top anyone I please.
That would be you, dear.
I don't care if you have one gun, ten guns, or no guns: you arguing for the "right" to sell guns to felons puts my life and the lives of people I care about in jeopardy.
Didn't I just tell you that I don't sell guns? I thought so a**hole.

Location hidden

#148 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you sell a TV set to your next door neighbor and it turns out that the TV is stolen, is that a crime?
If you don't know the guy you are selling a deadly firearm to is a felon, are your responsible for that sale?
Is drinking and driving a crime?

Are you responsible if you sell a car to someone, who unknowingly turns out to be a habitual drunk driving offender?

The similarity is that a gun and a car are inanimate objects, that require the action of an irresponsible human to become dangerous, or deadly.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#149 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
However, violence in general, has increased in the past years, meaning that it isn't a gun problem, it is a society problem.
You are talking though your hat.

It is a FACT, however, that ion the USA 32,000 times a year the issues are resolved with fatal consequences.

When vehicular fatalities approached 53,000 a year, steps were taken to make automobiles safer. People didn't roll around on the floor kicking and screaming "cars don't cause deaths, people do".

Reasonable steps were taken to address fatalities.

Americans are tired of you and yours demanding special rights because (you say) guns are any different than automobiles or any other product made on the market.

Location hidden

#150 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking though your hat.
It is a FACT, however, that ion the USA 32,000 times a year the issues are resolved with fatal consequences.
When vehicular fatalities approached 53,000 a year, steps were taken to make automobiles safer. People didn't roll around on the floor kicking and screaming "cars don't cause deaths, people do".
Reasonable steps were taken to address fatalities.
Americans are tired of you and yours demanding special rights because (you say) guns are any different than automobiles or any other product made on the market.
That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it, no matter how inaccurate you are.

Violence is the root of the problem, and until we address that problem, nothing will change.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#151 Apr 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>No law or group of laws will stop an maniac from killing if that is their intent. They can shoot into a school, they can go into the school or they can wait at a school bus stop.......but the people wanting to pass these laws have armed security and metal detectors guarding them, but not the kids. I see the problem here.
the law makes it legal now for teachers that train as deputies to be armed in the school but these laws that they just past in Connecticut benefited the maniac's & criminals who care less about laws at least now the law abiding teachers that wish to carry now can legally without being treated as a criminal if the teachers were in possession of a legally own gun.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#152 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't be going through the same screening & training as regular police deputies, but YES, even policemen go nuts sometimes.
oh yeah, the teachers who choose to do it are going through the same training and shooting certification process as the Sheriff Deputies have to and I agree too even Policemen can go nuts sometimes which is why I prefer to protect myself besides California proved that with Chris Dorner, ex-LAPD police officer and former United States Navy reservist that went nuts.
We R Stupid We R The NRA

Fletcher, OH

#153 Apr 4, 2013
More Stupid People with guns.

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#154 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
E.G.: if you sell a gun to a felon, we put you into jail and we make sure you no longer have access to a gun again.
We catch a felon in possession of a firearm... we give him/her one year in jail... if he/she coughs up the seller's name, they can split the sentence.
Six months each and we take you off the market.
Sound fair?
Oh, I like that!

Bartenders can be prosecuted for serving obviously drunk people if they end up killing someone in a DUI accident.

People who sell guns should be held liable for any crime committed with that gun.

Same for the owner- if anyone uses their gun to commit a crime, they should be held liable as well.

Tawas City, Michigan

#155 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if, each time a law abiding citizen is shot and killed, we can randomly pick one "anti-gun" advocate, and put them in prison for a year. I bet you are going to say, "that isn't fair", because that person had nothing to do with with the crme. On the same note, neither did my gun.
Nope, if you own or sell a gun and a crime is committed with that gun, then you should be held liable.

Maybe that will make people a bit more careful with their guns, like that psycho's mom. At least she's dead, so I guess she was held accountable.
Cat74

United States

#156 Apr 4, 2013
If one person at Sandy Hood had a gun only one person would be dead, the shooter, as soon as he pulled out the gun, and aimed.

Tawas City, Michigan

#157 Apr 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>More double speak. If the law is against owning weapons, then it is infringing on my constitutional rights.
No, it's not.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#158 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I like that!
Bartenders can be prosecuted for serving obviously drunk people if they end up killing someone in a DUI accident.
People who sell guns should be held liable for any crime committed with that gun.
Same for the owner- if anyone uses their gun to commit a crime, they should be held liable as well.
Gee, shouldn't Holder be in prison?
You Are Dumb

Fletcher, OH

#159 Apr 4, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
If one person at Sandy Hood had a gun only one person would be dead, the shooter, as soon as he pulled out the gun, and aimed.
Maybe....Maybe not. You're such a tard and simpleton.

Tawas City, Michigan

#160 Apr 4, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize how easy it is to make c-4 from ordinary household ingredients? Think about what you are saying.
So you think if they can't get a gun they're all going to be making their own C-4?

I wish them luck. Most likely they're blow themselves up in the process.

It's a win-win situation!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#161 Apr 4, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
In a society where flight is preferred over fight, that fight persona would have to be present with the firearm. In other words, we have too many who wish to have their battles fought for them, and then condemn those who have fought. Ain't that right bareass and professor and sheep?

Tawas City, Michigan

#162 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is drinking and driving a crime?
Are you responsible if you sell a car to someone, who unknowingly turns out to be a habitual drunk driving offender?
The similarity is that a gun and a car are inanimate objects, that require the action of an irresponsible human to become dangerous, or deadly.
The obvious differnce being the primary purpose of a car is transportation, while the primary purpose of a gun is to kill things with.

Btw, if you let someone use your car and they get in an accident, you CAN be held liable.

Tawas City, Michigan

#163 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it, no matter how inaccurate you are.
Violence is the root of the problem, and until we address that problem, nothing will change.
And just how do you intend to prevent people from being violent?

You can't put everyone person on the planet in isolation.

Humans are violent creatures. If two or more people are together, eventually violence will occur.

All we can do is attempt to minimize the violence people can do by limiting the amount of deadly weapons available.

That's why nukes or tanks or rpgs or machine guns aren't for sale at the local market.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trumps Nazi America 6 hr Bedtime for Democ... 6
News Let it Out (Oct '07) 9 hr Dorothy Rynard 249
Neo-Nazi who attended Charlottesville Neo-Nazi ... Fri Actions have cons... 1
Black People Alert Fri Just my observations 24
Gorka’s Fate ‘Extremely Uncertain’ as Boss Bann... Fri U GORKA GIRL 1
Bannon: Trump presidency is over Fri Bye Bye Bannon By... 1
Not welcome here says Dem Gov of Virginia Fri I C P knows all 6

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance