Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

Apr 3, 2013 Full story: USA Today 584

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#285 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... let me get this straight: the people have had a choice on who is mayor every four years and they keep on voting Democrat?
People in Chicago like Social & economical chaos with criminals running through the streets with no way to protect themselves from the criminals by producing the perfect environment for the Criminals to flourish.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#286 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't ban people.
Can't lock people up unless they commit a crime.
Can't institutionalize people unless they are a proven danger to themselves or others.
Since we can't do anything meaningful BEFORE they commit a gun crime, the only thing we can do is ban the guns they would use to commit those crimes.
Can't or WON'T. Nice agenda engineered by design for just such an outcome. All guns, regardless of their caliber can be used to kill. Is the death of 20 more of an outrage than the death of one? What happens once the "assault" weapons are banned? Go after semi-autos like .45 or .40. Then after they are banned and the precious protected nutjobs use .38 or .22 calibers, are they next on the chopping block? How about black powder rifles and pea shooters? Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. I also find it interesting that you "served", yet are willing to have one of are most outstanding freedoms stomped on. Very curious.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#287 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to be careful; threatening to shoot someone is probably illegal in your state.
No, we have the castle doctrine, courtesy of Governor Corbett.
FormerParatroope r

United States

#288 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No. If we ban large population centers then the criminals will move out into the smaller towns. I'd rather the criminals stay in the large urban centers where we can concentrate law enforcement efforts.
We should do what we can to help those law abiding citizens who may be trapped by circumstance- poverty, etc- to escape the urban centers.
Let the gang bangers & drug dealers & other hoodlums essentially prey on each other.
I still prefer the criminals be removed from society. But you did prove a point. Banning something doesn't solve the problem.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#289 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously. It's not a Dem v Rep thing. It's a matter of corruption, incompetence, & inaction on ALL sides of the issue.
Blame the politicians, the citizens who elect them, the communities that tolerate the criminals, etc. There is plenty of blame to go around.
Absolute power absolutely corrupts
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#290 Apr 5, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
We saw how it drove the neo-cons to lies and murder of our own militry.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#292 Apr 5, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Boehner Rejects Obama Call to Trade Social Security Cuts for Tax Hikes. Obama wants to cut Social Security that is OUR money, but not the entitlements that are for the his freeloader base.
That's because he's already campaigning for the ugly cow Pelosi to try and retake the speaker's position. If he cuts the TRUE entitlements, he'll lose the parasitic voter. He will fall back on the lies and distortions created by the lefties that "repubs want to cut your SS." He is scum.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#293 Apr 5, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
We saw how it drove the neo-cons to lies and murder of our own militry.
We say that guns didn't kill the people in Colorado, people ignoring information and warnings killed those people. They should all be banned from public life.

UNIVERSITY WARNED...

Killer on meds for depression, anxiety, panic attacks and obsessive-compulsive disorder...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#294 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't or WON'T. Nice agenda engineered by design for just such an outcome. All guns, regardless of their caliber can be used to kill. Is the death of 20 more of an outrage than the death of one? What happens once the "assault" weapons are banned? Go after semi-autos like .45 or .40. Then after they are banned and the precious protected nutjobs use .38 or .22 calibers, are they next on the chopping block? How about black powder rifles and pea shooters? Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. I also find it interesting that you "served", yet are willing to have one of are most outstanding freedoms stomped on. Very curious.
If we have to ban all guns, then so be it. I think getting rid of handguns & semi-automatic assault rifles will do the trick.

Military style assault weapons belong in the hands of the military; not civilian wannabes.

There is no individual right to own a gun.

Tawas City, Michigan

#295 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we have the castle doctrine, courtesy of Governor Corbett.
That doesn't cover threatenting to shoot your neighbor.

Tawas City, Michigan

#296 Apr 5, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
I still prefer the criminals be removed from society. But you did prove a point. Banning something doesn't solve the problem.
How can you tell who the criminals are before they commit a crime? By the time they commit the crime and become a criminal, it's to late to prevent the crime from happening. Unfortunately for every criminal you put away, there are dozens/hundreds/thousands waiting to commit their first crime.

Banning guns won't stop all gun deaths, but making guns as easy to get as possible only guarantees MORE gun deaths.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#297 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't cover threatenting to shoot your neighbor.
Trust me, if he lived beside you, you would want to shoot him as well....LOL!
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#298 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If we have to ban all guns, then so be it. I think getting rid of handguns & semi-automatic assault rifles will do the trick.
Military style assault weapons belong in the hands of the military; not civilian wannabes.
There is no individual right to own a gun.
Not going to happen. It's that very ideal that makes me question whether you did indeed serve.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#299 Apr 5, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're the chooch that questions Charlie Manson
I know you are trying real hard to be clever.

Let me know when you think you are ready.

Practice first on one of the Indy aliases, he isn't very clever either... but you have to crawl before you walk and I am jogging.

Location hidden

#300 Apr 5, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But this is where you are full of sh*t. What did the shoe bomber look like?
Here's a thought, genius: they are going to send someone that looks like the shoe bomber.

Here you go, honey:

Al Qaeda Recruiting European White Men

"
Al Qaeda may be aggressively growing its ranks by recruiting European white men to carry out attacks, a move New Yorker writer and Al Qaeda expert Lawrence Wright says allows the group to "transcend its stereotype." [The Stimulist]"

Wipe your chin, dear...

Location hidden

#301 Apr 5, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
Your theory has some merit, but the execution would be impossible.
Right...

And idiots like you were saying "why are you checking underwear?" and "why do I have to take of my shoes?"

Location hidden

#302 Apr 5, 2013
[QUOTE who="ALL AM 1"I suppose that using your thinking, the terrorist organizations should solely use Arabic men, 20 to 40 years old because nobody suspects them because they appear too obvious.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty stupid so no one here is surprised that you thought of it on your own.

Believe me dear- no one here is quite as stupid as you... though of course there are a few Arizona aliases that will give you a run for your money.

Location hidden

#303 Apr 5, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We say that guns didn't kill the people in Colorado,
I'm glad you are finally admitting to your multiple aliases, Dumbo.

Location hidden

#304 Apr 5, 2013
PS: Guns don't kill people, NRA members and those holding NRA certificates kill people.

Location hidden

#305 Apr 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>People in Chicago like Social & economical chaos
Why don't you work out for another week before you continue posting here?

Democrats vote for Democrats and Republicans vote for Republicans.

I understand you find that challenging.

If it makes you feel any better, it is far more likely that Democrats switch votes when Republicans are running a particularly racist campaign, for example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obumbling Obama 29 min Your Brain is Jello 4
The Great Kaptoz 35 min His Brain is Oatmeal 4
Wolves in sheep clothing coming out. 44 min The Great Kaptoz 2
Review: Indianapolis Junk Cars (Apr '14) 4 hr Numero Uno 10
Mike Pence: average at best; not presidential ... 4 hr The Great Kaptoz 7
To the Sons of Silence MC , Indianapolis Clubhouse (Dec '13) 19 hr The Zombie 97
right to travel Thu freemanj 5

Winter Storm Watch for Marion County was issued at January 30 at 3:45PM EST

Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM