Ind. could be first to require armed ...

Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

There are 583 comments on the USA Today story from Apr 3, 2013, titled Ind. could be first to require armed school employees. In it, USA Today reports that:

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Liberal”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#184 Apr 4, 2013
Our General Assembly is make this state look like a bunch of retards.
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#185 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not requiring background checks makes this easier.
Imagine taxpayers paying the rent on buildings where guns are routinely sold to felons without a requirement of checking the background - a process that usually takes but (literally) a few minutes.
Those buildings are in Chicago, they also sell drugs and prostitutes. Yet I don't think background checks will deter them.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#186 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you grasp the fact that if you don't know who you are selling your guns to, you should be held responsible should the sale be illegal?
Ask Holder and Obama, I'm sure they got ID's and background checks from the drug lords.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#187 Apr 4, 2013
Moe of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Responsible people like cops and such are constantly monitored for psychosis. 1 in 4 in this county is mentally ill. 1 in 10 will need to be in a mental hospital at some point in their life. You want these people to have with ssupervision. Hek they could be as crazy and racist as you. What if they belong to the KKK or White Aryan Nation and go nuts. How could we tell? Of course, I would say they are nuts like you and deny them guns based on their illness and their cray beliefs.
Yep, they could even be in da Crips or da Bloods and pedal murder, drugs and prostitution. Thats about as mentally ill as you can get.
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#188 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, which is why I served 20+ years in the military to keep your lazy azz safe.
Which is why I also know I don't want every dumb azz running around with a gun playing Dirty Harry or BlackOps.
I have more faith in my fellow citizens. There are bad people in society, but there are more good. A majority of the US has ccw laws, and very few incidents. The problems are with criminals, not the average citizen.

I too served, 21 years, thru the good and the bad. Seen the best and worst of humanity, often within moments of each other.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#189 Apr 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>a Police State isn't the answer either that the Democrats like Dianne Feinstein & the others like her are pushing for and they are reason why Chicago is the way it is besides if you going to trust a teacher with your kids while they are their learning there should be no reason that the teachers should not the right to protect themselves and the students from degenerates which is why Adam Lanza picked a school and knew there was no threat.
I DON'T trust the teachers; that's the whole point. Too many are sex offenders or abusive to their students. Haven't you been watching the news?

Armed guards didn't stop them from targeting Columbine.

The day they let teachers carry guns in my local school is the day I start homeschooling my daughter.

Tawas City, Michigan

#190 Apr 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I would rather see a School Teacher be certified v. a Uniform Deputy on school property besides we are already paying for the Teacher to be there v. paying a teacher and having a uniform Deputy or police officer on school property like the Democrats like Dianne Feinstein and the other Democrats like her want to do which is the start of their Police State they want and would cost more money.
Well at least the kids biggest worry wouldn't be being sent to the principle anymore.

"Sit down & shut up or I'm going to start shooting......"

Tawas City, Michigan

#191 Apr 4, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
I have more faith in my fellow citizens. There are bad people in society, but there are more good. A majority of the US has ccw laws, and very few incidents. The problems are with criminals, not the average citizen.
I too served, 21 years, thru the good and the bad. Seen the best and worst of humanity, often within moments of each other.
The average citizens ARE the criminals.
The NRA Sux

Fletcher, OH

#192 Apr 4, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I bet there are people in Indiana that have gone to school before, and been armed. No need to pull out the gun unless it is needed.
Everyone was armed in my school,that's how we carried our books. The only time I emptied my gun at school was at the urinal. If there were people carrying firearms in our school,they did it discreetly and were obviously careless in their regard for the law. That means people that carry firearms onto forbidden properties are reckless firearm owners. Period.

Guns have become a status for some people. Women have jewelry,some men are so scared of every shadow they feel compelled to carry everywhere. That's not freedom. That's walking around being a gutless coward and a slave to fear.
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#193 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The average citizens ARE the criminals.
I am an average citizen, and hardly a criminal. Your definition of the average citizen must be far different from mine. Would you elaborate your definition?
Moses

Fletcher, OH

#194 Apr 4, 2013
All we ever hear from the wingers is how union people are dumb,lazy,thugs,selfish,worthl ess and just generally bad news. Especially the teachers union.

But when it comes to guns.....These very same wingers are enthusiastic for these public/union employees they consider to be lazy,thugs,etc to carry guns.

It's absolutely amazing.

To be a winger....is to be a walking mass of conflicting emotions and contradictions.
The Winger

Fletcher, OH

#195 Apr 4, 2013
The Winger:

I hate public schools and do not want one more dollar of my tax money spent on them.

Unions are for the lazy,the inept and the corrupt.

Union people are thugs.

Teachers of today are godless liberals.

I want those very same unionized godless liberals to carry guns in public schools.
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#196 Apr 4, 2013
Moses wrote:
All we ever hear from the wingers is how union people are dumb,lazy,thugs,selfish,worthl ess and just generally bad news. Especially the teachers union.
But when it comes to guns.....These very same wingers are enthusiastic for these public/union employees they consider to be lazy,thugs,etc to carry guns.
It's absolutely amazing.
To be a winger....is to be a walking mass of conflicting emotions and contradictions.
I am considered right wing to many, I have no beef with unions. I also support an armed citizenry. I could care less whether someone is union, as long as they are doing thier job with pride and quality. If a teacher wants the responsibility of being armed, by all means train them. You trust these teachers with your children, why not allow them to be a deferential to those who would do children harm?

“Liberal”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#197 Apr 4, 2013
What are we going to do next?

Arm PRIESTS?

Yes I am sure that will work out.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#198 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T trust the teachers; that's the whole point. Too many are sex offenders or abusive to their students. Haven't you been watching the news?
Armed guards didn't stop them from targeting Columbine.
The day they let teachers carry guns in my local school is the day I start homeschooling my daughter.
you do make two good points and you are right about Columbine, but I do know people who home school their kids just for the reasons you posted and is how they feel which is their choice.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#199 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least the kids biggest worry wouldn't be being sent to the principle anymore.
"Sit down & shut up or I'm going to start shooting......"
I don't think kids have to worry about that since the Teachers under state law that are trained are actually County Deputies if anything they would be allowed to place the kids under arrest since they are considered county deputies while on school property.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#200 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I just tell you that I don't sell guns? I thought so a**hole.
Didn't I just tell you I didn't care?

Most people with a brain in their head understand why laws are needed to require background checks.

People like you and others without conscience clearly would sell them firearms.

Certainly: that's the way it has been for the last fifty years.

Location hidden

#201 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is drinking and driving a crime?
Have you stopped beating your wife?

Location hidden

#202 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
Are you responsible if you sell a car to someone, who unknowingly turns out to be a habitual drunk driving offender?
How does a person unknowingly turn out to be a habitual drunk driving offender?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#203 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you stopped beating your wife?
You see, comments like this are what make the whole thing useless. Now go about your way, child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Which Indiana city/town should claim Tony Stewart? (Feb '08) 56 min Boy from Homer 40
Dancers showclub (Mar '13) 12 hr Obama3rdTerm 18
News Odor complaints flood Hamilton County, Indianap... Fri Lavon Affair 2
News Pence: I'll campaign for Trump anywhere, anytime Fri PURIM PARTY 30
Know anybody with rare, old coins/currency? Fri wizard of ZOG 2
Spiro Agnew (Nov '14) Fri agnew legacy 8
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) Jul 20 Banfield 156

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages