Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

Apr 3, 2013 Full story: USA Today 584

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Full Story
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

“Dow hit 18,000 first time ever”

Since: Jun 07

Obama economics at work.

#1 Apr 3, 2013
There is something seriously wrong with these sick in the head right-winger tea-baggers who as gun crazy... they are a danger and detriment to the health and safety of this nation, especially the kids.
Is there any wonder why 9-11 happened on their watch.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#2 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
There is something seriously wrong with these sick in the head right-winger tea-baggers who as gun crazy... they are a danger and detriment to the health and safety of this nation, especially the kids.
There are so many things in your statement I disagree with. But I can't get past the way "Chief" is misspelled. Semper Fi

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Yet you don't object to armed guards in shopping malls, court houses, banks, hospitals and calls for armed guards at IHOP restaurants.

“Your guide to...”

Since: Feb 12

the Abyss

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
You think the children of this country are unworthy of protection?

What kind of sick psycho are you?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Moliner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only a matter of time before one of these armed employees goes nuts and starts shooting kids.

BANK ON IT!

C'mon, this is as stupid as arming postal employees.....

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
If you are using a gun legally, to protect yourself against illegal guns used in illegal ways, how is this wrong? Why is it a "tea bagger" issue? Why is it "right wing"? I bet every liberal attorney in this city carries a handgun. Ok, not every one, but most. Is that a right winger, tea bagger issue also?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Is it any wonder reading your mindlee whining rants that the killers of children are all due to liberals and their cowardly actions. Abortion, gun free zones, union money to keep weapons out of schools........it all contributes to all of the children killed. You stupid morons can't come up with any law that will prevent another liberal from grabbing a gun and killing people.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#8 Apr 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only a matter of time before one of these armed employees goes nuts and starts shooting kids.
BANK ON IT!
I challenge you to come up with just ONE LAW that will stop any loon or criminal from killing. There isn't one.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 3, 2013
When my wife was a little girl, she attended a school with armed police. She tells me it traumatized the hell out of her. I wonder if the presence of armed security in schools, with the daily sense of violence in the air, might make the kids feel less safe rather than more safe.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I challenge you to come up with just ONE LAW that will stop any loon or criminal from killing. There isn't one.
Which is exactly why we shouldn't be giving guns to people in high stress situtations, like trying to control a bunch of spoiled bratty kids.

Future headling:

"Teacher shoots students because they wouldn't sit down & shut up"

Yep, about as stupid as arming postal employees.

Location hidden

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I challenge you to come up with just ONE LAW that will stop any loon or criminal from killing. There isn't one.
There are ways to reduce the loon's accessibility to firearms. At present, there is no adequate law. That's why we need one.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#12 Apr 3, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
When my wife was a little girl, she attended a school with armed police. She tells me it traumatized the hell out of her. I wonder if the presence of armed security in schools, with the daily sense of violence in the air, might make the kids feel less safe rather than more safe.
20-30 years ago, yea, it would traumatize a little girl; because we didn't have GUNS splashed everywhere all over everything. We left our brothers crap alone because of fake guns.

Now, the girls are biggger gamers than the boys. they know what guns are, and I'm sure they're FINE with it, knowing what guns DO to both harm and protect them. STop treating kids like they're IGNORANT. They're not.
Home of The Brave

Matthews, IN

#13 Apr 3, 2013
I want to live in a country where there are armed guards everywhere. That's FREEDOM!

Armed guards make me feel SAFE!

Location hidden

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
20-30 years ago, yea, it would traumatize a little girl; because we didn't have GUNS splashed everywhere all over everything. We left our brothers crap alone because of fake guns.
Now, the girls are biggger gamers than the boys. they know what guns are, and I'm sure they're FINE with it, knowing what guns DO to both harm and protect them. STop treating kids like they're IGNORANT. They're not.
So you think first, second, and third graders are FINE with guns? You either have a serious emotional problem, or you're a bigger imbecile than Sarah Palin.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15 Apr 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
BANK ON IT!
here In Indiana right now the Teachers that are going through to carry training are considered sheriff deputies while on school property.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Home of The Brave wrote:
I want to live in a country where there are armed guards everywhere. That's FREEDOM!
Armed guards make me feel SAFE!
If you hurry, there's a discount airfare rate to Libya.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#17 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I am glad of it, let your kids go the the unprotected schools like sandy hook.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#18 Apr 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
BANK ON IT!
You are now getting the "when there is an action there is an opposite reaction" solution. Most of these nuts are from progressive policies. So you are blaming the so called right wing love for guns for it. Its their fault I tell you. One other thing, schools will return to common sense education at some point. And this be yourself agenda that has spiked the cost of education several times over will end. At least end in areas where financial and economic and personal growth is wanted before progressive politics growth. And the decline of America in real terms will spur this. Bank on it.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Moliner wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you end up saying, we had to destroy the school, and all the kids in order to save them.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 3, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>here In Indiana right now the Teachers that are going through to carry training are considered sheriff deputies while on school property.
How many kids do you think that will kill?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white girls 1 hr RZA 1
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? 7 hr The Zombie 77
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas 7 hr The Zombie 26
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... 9 hr fyi 15
Lonely 9 hr gary 3
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) Tue Horsechief 445
Let it Out (Oct '07) Tue Get real dude 229
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web