Officer kills armed motorist in struggle

Officer kills armed motorist in struggle

There are 448 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 1, 2008, titled Officer kills armed motorist in struggle. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A motorist was shot and killed Saturday night by an Indianapolis metropolitan police officer after the man pulled a handgun in front of two officers during a Westside traffic stop, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
BOTTOMFEEDER- FINDER

Marion, IN

#2 Mar 2, 2008
john wrote:
Yeah that is the story and we are sticking to it.
"What is a Cynic? A person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde
Steve

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Mar 2, 2008
Great shooting, officer! You were able to go home safe and sound. Congratulations.
goat

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Mar 2, 2008
This is why I hate the Star.

How about an appropriate title that goes with the story, or are the journalism flunkies working at the Star too inept to write one.

Motorist who pulls gun on officers shot.

Officers defend themselves against gun weilding motorist.
Mark

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Mar 2, 2008
Amen...good guys win another one, while freak-of- the-week leaves in a body bag! I am glad the officers were unhurt. Thanks, officers, for doing what you do for our community. You are on the line every day and some of us appreciate it.
Mark

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2008
donnyb wrote:
Was it a Pacer?
Good one!
A Fellow LEO

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Mar 2, 2008
Good-I am glad to read this. Not glad to read that someone died but that a killer is off the streets and we are not going to another cop funeral. Good job IMPD !!!
A Fellow LEO

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Mar 2, 2008
john wrote:
What ever!!
Mark

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Mar 2, 2008
john wrote:
I suppose by your comment that you think the officers pulled over this man's vehicle and approached him, at which time they simply executed the driver for not displaying his registration? Police react to what the freaks do on the street to save our butts and their's. What is wrong with you people who think the streets would be better without them??? Get real and cut the cops some slack!
John

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Mar 2, 2008
I used to live in that neighborhood, but I had to move it got so bad. Good shooting, officer!
Thank you IMPD

Martinsville, IN

#13 Mar 2, 2008
Thank you Officers for protecting my family and my community.
Police Supporter

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Mar 2, 2008
john wrote:
What are you talking about. You obvisouly know nothing about this incident at all, and yet you still make a stupid as* comment like that. Real intelligent.
Support Your Local Police

Marysville, OH

#16 Mar 2, 2008
Mark,
I believe the overall sentiment between this comments section and the one for the same story that started yesterday is that the police did the right thing. And I believe that too.

Why are some drivers non-compliant? Behavior and stupidity often gives them away.

/
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose by your comment that you think the officers pulled over this man's vehicle and approached him, at which time they simply executed the driver for not displaying his registration? Police react to what the freaks do on the street to save our butts and their's. What is wrong with you people who think the streets would be better without them??? Get real and cut the cops some slack!
Jesse

Miamisburg, OH

#17 Mar 2, 2008
What are the officers packing these days, Berettas or Glocks?
I'm glad the officers were able to go home after their shift. Good shooting.
Choose your own poison

Irmo, SC

#18 Mar 2, 2008
Simply natural selection.
Sleep well 2 night

Crawfordsville, IN

#20 Mar 2, 2008
From the UnTouchables:

Ness has just shot a gangster after the Canadian border raid...

Ness: I had to kill him.
Malone: Oh, yeah. He's as dead as Julius Caesar... Would you rather it was you?
Ness: No, I would not.
Malone: Well, then, you've done your job. Go home and sleep well tonight.

To the officers of IMPD: Thank you for confronting the dangers of our society that threaten me and my family every day and night.

Sometimes, although it is not pretty and doesn't look good on the evening news, you MUST kill the wicked to protect the innocent.

On behalf of ALL the innocent, I say THANK YOU.
Priorities

Crawfordsville, IN

#21 Mar 2, 2008
Im your Huckleberry wrote:
Nice shooting there Wyatt! One thug monkey down and several to go. Let's see how long it takes Rev Azzho Sharpton and his monkey butts to make this into another Jena 6.
Dead guy isn't black, so Sharpton, Rev Jackson, et al, don't care.
Good shooting

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Mar 2, 2008
This guy was a tweak that was going to pull that pistol on somebody some time. I am glad the police sniffed this guy out before he killed somebody. Good shooting.

“You should ride with me! ”

Since: Dec 06

Hamilton County

#24 Mar 2, 2008
donnyb wrote:
Was it a Pacer?
You beat me to the question of the day....
Also good shoot- one less thug on the street.
My thoughts are with the officers to deal with this and move on.
Shelbyville Grandma

Panama City, FL

#25 Mar 2, 2008
Another reason crime is so rampant in Indy. Two officers are in a "death" fight with a guy. The guy pulls a gun and now one of the officers is put on "desk duty". Punish the police??? Maybe if all these criminals found out the police really mean business there wouldn't be so much crime. That officer feels bad enough that he had to protect his co-worker and himself - the punishment is degrading and totally unnecessary. Give him a couple of days off and some counseling so he can pull himself back together - but don't punish him for doing his job!
Kosmo

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Mar 2, 2008
Thank you so much for protecting my family and me officer. I know you have a tough job and it must have been terrifying to be fighting for that gun. Im proud you were able to do what was necessary to end the fight and save your own life as well as the life of your partner. Good job IMPD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrat WINS Alabama 1 hr TrumpedGropers 3
News Jeff Miller served protection order at meeting 1 hr amen 3
Gloria Allred's daughter 1 hr TrumpedGropers 5
Eviction on the horizon 23 hr amen 1
Moore is out Tue Scoper 1
AI Own Us All Tue RobotNation 1
News Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pri... Tue ok 1

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance